Release PPSSPP, Emulator for PSP

Wow, ok, sorry, I was misleading...

I have bench a bit better, and found roughly a little less the 30%... The fadein/out are killing the perf it seems.

I edit my previous post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, i just found that:

At 14:51 to 14:58
Thank you for exposing how half-assed my attempt at finding it was ;) Looks like it's the same as the PS1 version as I assumed.

Wow, ok, sorry, I was misleading...

I have bench a bit better, and found roughly a little less the 30%... The fadein/out are killing the perf it seems.

I edit my previous post.
Thank you for correcting it. Out of curiosity, can you tell if the music is playing at that speed, assuming it's working at all? If the entire music engine is HLEd it might not be synchronized with the emulation speed, meaning it could play faster than the game does. That could give very misleading impressions about performance.

The parts where it fades in and out are probably a lot slower not because of the fade (which wasn't even happening in ingo's vid) but because a bunch of stuff is being loaded and done between transitions. That's pretty common.

The sound in general, is not good. There is no Music, but the sound is in synch, so with hickup and so on, waiting for the picture...

@Ingoreis: I see in those nice videos, that you didn't select "Hardware Transform".. Why? Have notice better performances or compatibilty with it disabled ?

it seem to work a little faster without,but i can be wrong.

Moment i test this again with transforming ;)

Edit: Right with Transforming is it a little little bit faster,i make a new Video :D

I tried playing Mana Khemia: Student Alliance using it. It just shows a black screen and its .out is 91 MB in size o_O. I noticed that there were a bunch of "invalid memory address" errors in it.

Another bug I ran into is that Riveria: The Promised Land has no sound. When I try playing it via the PC version of PPSSPP, I get only menu sounds.

wow, that is the first side by side comparison I've seen of the exact same piece of software running under both android and linux on the exact same device

It really is faster, just not dramatically so.

Pretty neat little proof of concept

I have two questions about this emulator I apologize in advanced if it was already answered.

1. Can this emulator be able to run psp homebrew ?

2. How well does it play video isos ( an iso a from psp movie or video umd) ?

I have two questions about this emulator I apologize in advanced if it was already answered.

1. Can this emulator be able to run psp homebrew ?

2. How well does it play video isos ( an iso a from psp movie or video umd) ?
It can run homebrews. Go to the wiki page for a compatibility list: http://wiki.ppsspp.org/index.php?title=Homebrew_Compatibility  (list is quite poor for now).

Video, I don't think they play at all.

This emu is still in it's early phases of developpment. A bit more info in the wiki page: http://wiki.ppsspp.org/index.php?title=Main_Page.

ptitSeb: Maybe you could compile the latest source code of PPSSPP since it seems to fix the "black screen" issue for some games along with having the speed of certain games increased.

At the present moment, my failing LCD cable ... failed.. So I have no screen on my Pandora. I'm doing all my compile on it, so I'm out for now...

I will repair it, this week or next week(well, technically Linux-SWAT will repair it ^_^  )... Then I'll take a shot at it.

I also have to render to Port "Official", for this, I have to push all code modif to git...

This is tops!

Even if it's not playable. Sweet! DS + PSP! Who cares what state!

When I'm drunk, I'm slow anyway! Will seem fullspeed!

We just need the Dreamcast PND!  :D

I remember seeing that the DC emu was (not playable) but fairly OK speeds.

The vids I have seen are OK for what it is. It's a big system to EMU. Too bad it stopped Dev. Even if just for MSR racing and RE:CV.

Now to just sit back and wait till peace walker is playable .

Back