Release PPSSPP, Emulator for PSP

I hope that the issue with Tales of Phantasia X's graphics not showing up when frameskip is enabled is fixed in the new version.

I compiled latest sources a few days ago. It worked (but didn't see any significant improvement), but crashed once package in PND. I think I have an issu with saves that changes place, but haven't found (not searched much) how to correct this.

I compiled latest sources a few days ago. It worked (but didn't see any significant improvement), but crashed once package in PND. I think I have an issu with saves that changes place, but haven't found (not searched much) how to correct this.
Didn't it generate a pnd out in /tmp? If so, that should help with fixing the crash.

To break the silence:

I got Bleach Heat the Soul 7 and it plays at 100% speed with FrameSkip = 1.

That's pretty nice.

(Will add it to the wiki during Christmas holidays.)

Didn't it generate a pnd out in /tmp? If so, that should help with fixing the crash.
Oh thanks, brillant idea!

Comon. I don't need this kind of help. Point me to some file & line number in the source code if you want to help.

Seriously, if you have time to waste, go waste it somewhere else. If you want to do something useful, test games and update the wiki, because these comments in the line of "how come you guys are taking so long" or "checkout the pnd out" have no value here. You already know the new version is not going to bring much news at this stage, so why are you so impatient anyway ? 

Oh thanks, brillant idea!

Comon. I don't need this kind of help. Point me to some file & line number in the source code if you want to help.
From the way the issue looks, it seems to be Pandora specific. Anyways, I don't have the source to the modified version that you package into a PND, so I can't help you there.

From the way the issue looks, it seems to be Pandora specific. Anyways, I don't have the source to the modified version that you package into a PND, so I can't help you there.
ptitSeb is using 99.99% of the original source code. You'll find the issue there, else he whould have spoted it in no time. Beside harasment, you're not usefull in anyway....

:D
Are you really telling ptitseb to have a look at the pnd out?? Don't you know what he has already done/ported for the comunity?

:D

ptitSeb is using 99.99% of the original source code. You'll find the issue there, else he whould have spoted it in no time. Beside harasment, you're not usefull in anyway....
Ok. So, its having issues with writing files to a certain location? I guess I can try taking a look at its source to see if I can find the part that's causing it.

EDIT: Nevermind, its too late now. I'll leave you alone and hope that its something easy to fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
I compiled latest sources a few days ago. It worked (but didn't see any significant improvement),
So is it a missing Dual/Quadcore processor?

Or were the big improvements already part of the last release (you explained you use git code and some improvements were already included)

I don't know. Previous release integrated most of the big improvement.

This one has software skinning that should help games with  skinning. I have found in my quick test that Tron is gone from "complete slideshow" to "not bad, but too slow to play" at 50% speed. So, may be it will help some games, but others (like Ridge Racer 2 for example), just play the same.

Also, I haven't noticed any significant improvement on compatibility (for example, for Disidia 012, you still need to remove Buffered rendering if you want to see something). But once I've fixed that file writing issue, you'll see by yourself (a dual core may help, this emu can do multithread things, quadcore, I'm not sure it's usefull). A better/faster GFX can be usefull too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I chatted with the leader of this project a couple of weeks back, and you shouldn't expect major speed improvements down the road. Most of the easy-medium improvements have already been integrated and from there on the hardware will be needed to make a difference. 

So, while you can expect some slight progress, many games will remain far from full speed on the current Pandora. For the P2, we can probably expect full speed in many more games.

ptitSeb, ekinajo, thanks for inofrmation :) .

So seems like Soul Calibur will stay slow.

But Bleach full speed is also nice to have.

I'm happy with some update on PPSSPP every now and then.

Back