Release PPSSPP, Emulator for PSP

From the way the issue looks, it seems to be Pandora specific. Anyways, I don't have the source to the modified version that you package into a PND, so I can't help you there.
ptitSeb is using 99.99% of the original source code. You'll find the issue there, else he whould have spoted it in no time. Beside harasment, you're not usefull in anyway....
Ok. So, its having issues with writing files to a certain location? I guess I can try taking a look at its source to see if I can find the part that's causing it.

EDIT: Nevermind, its too late now. I'll leave you alone and hope that its something easy to fix.
So, Zero3K, any news on the fix? Any Filename or linenumber ?

Could it be a permissions issue? Also, try comparing the contents of the appdata directory of it with one that works. That should tell you what's not able to be written for some reason.

EDIT: You could try sending me the PND that crashes and I'll try my hand at seeing what's wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
File is UI/NativeApp.cpp, and the code in question is around line 267.

Here is the new code, where I added an #ifdef PANDORA

#elif !defined(_WIN32)
#ifdef PANDORA
    char* config = getenv("HOME");
    g_Config.memCardDirectory = std::string(config) + "/.ppsspp/";
#else
    char* config = getenv("XDG_CONFIG_HOME");
    if (!config) {
        config = getenv("HOME");
        strcat(config, "/.config");
    }
    g_Config.memCardDirectory = std::string(config) + "/ppsspp/";
#endif
    g_Config.flash0Directory = File::GetExeDirectory() + "/flash0/";
#endif
It's strange that the old code (without the #ifdef PANDORA) crashed, but it works now.

But, as ekianjo found with earlier beta, the Nubs don't work anymore.

I have to fix that before releasing next version.

Maybe because the ppsspp dir you diffed out was not hidden and you only create the hidden one on startup?

Ok, fixed the Nubs issue. Only thing left is the touchscreen (or mouse) not working well after launching a game. But DPad / Enter is still working so it's a non-blocker issue.

Will probably release the new version tomorow.

Will play with reicast now :)

Much as a like PPSSPP, I'm looking forward to seeing reicast in action on my Pandora! !

Much as a like PPSSPP, I'm looking forward to seeing reicast in action on my Pandora! !
I'm working on it. I have created a Makefile for Pandora... Now it's compiling, than I test from command line and fixes what need to be fixed, than I adapt default controls / screen res things like that, and than package... Still a long way... I'll switch the discussion about ereicast on the reicast thread, and keep this one PPSSPP related...

That's fair enough, don't want to derail this thread after all!

Could it be a permissions issue? Also, try comparing the contents of the appdata directory of it with one that works. That should tell you what's not able to be written for some reason.

EDIT: You could try sending me the PND that crashes and I'll try my hand at seeing what's wrong.
you have the sources, cant you compile it yourself?

just stop pretending you know anything already.

Its ok now since he'll get the new build up tomorrow. I'm looking forward to trying out the new version of it and Reicast.

Hum, beta testing shown that my latest release is unfortunatly not very stable.

So, I put the release here, so you can try it anyway, but it won't go to repo...

Use it at your own risk, and be sure it will crash soner or later.

*EDIT* Attachement removed, go grab it on the repo

New release. Slightly newer than the one here, but not much. I put it on the repo this time.

The good news:

I tried it with SGX driver 4.10 and it was working fine.

I think the sprite in Star Ocean are back :)

The bad news

The touchpas / mouse cannot be used in the Pause screen after a (short) while. Use DPad / Enter (or Space) to validate

The "Resume game" can still hang. Not sure of the reason yet.

Build 33
----------

• Based on 0.9.6 version
  • Known bug: touchpad / mouse cannot be used after a while in the Pause screen.
  • Less hang on resume screen (but still some sometimes).

Yep, 4.03 still work.

I'm just doing some experiment with other drivers (because I also test reicast, and reicast seems to works better with 4.10).

SGX Driver 4.10 is causing random black screens in Mana Khemia: Student Alliance when in a battle.

Love this emulator because I can now play speedball 2 evolution on my cc Pandora , just 1 small problem though the human controlled players on speedball 2 have a black block around them , is there a way to get rid of this from setup or is it a bug that needs ironing out.

Cheers for for any info :)

Back