Preorders Have Started. (Previously named starts in two hours)

ordered 4.30am, so yay! :)

hint @ed
i used bank transfer as payment option and the 'bic-number' of your bank is not shown in the response-email i got.
as i will do it on plain oldfashioned paper, i think i have to fill in this number too. no real problem to look it up via web,
but maybe you could include this number in future dragonbox response-emails so other customers doing it the same way have a smoother ride.

update: just checked wikipedia and it seems the bic-number is not really needed in eu-wide payments.

Last edited:
i used bank transfer as payment option and the 'bic-number' of your bank is not shown in the response-email i got.
as i will do it on plain oldfashioned paper, i think i have to fill in this number too. no real problem to look it up via web,
but maybe you could include this number in future dragonbox response-emails so other customers doing it the same way have a smoother ride.

[edit] oops, sorry, i see you probably got the [Dragonbox] Awaiting bank wire payment e-mail, but just needed the BIC instead of the IBAN or SWIFT number.

will add something useful: go go pyra preorders!
{
"EU2": 3,
"EU4": 178,
"SE2": 4,
"SE4": 107,
"US2": 1,
"US4": 58,
"timestamp": "2016-05-01T21:35:16.150393",
"total": 351
}

Last edited:
I am a bit surprised that the US sales seem to flatten out. Are US customers not ordering or are they going for the standard 4GB edition?

Can't currently preorder(I have a ICP2 voucher), plus my funds are low, but if I was to order it would be the standard 4gb model. I don't need 4G, as if I want to go online outside the house, I could just tether to my phone.

Chris

the json count doesn't count the pre-pre-orders.
Edit: Other than the ones that have already converted to the pre-order device of there choice.

So the count json has been giving is not accurate?
It should be, but it just scans the shop pages so it only can cover the preorder made, without knowing if some of them where also pre-pre-orders.
So 357 in the json script are what the "almost 200" were in EDs tweet

I really hope some more reasonable sites pick this up.

If you're expecting reasonableness in the comments on any sites you're probably going to be disappointed. It's probably going to page after page of "Why should I buy this when I can buy this-other-thing-that's-clearly-not-the-same". Although in the contest for the most inapted comparison, someone on that Phoronix site took an early and commanding lead with "And give me one reason why I should buy this over a (similarly priced) VR headset...". Because a handheld computer and gaming device is basically the same as a screen strapped to your face. Similar questions: "Why should I buy printer toner when I could buy 14 loaves of bread?", and "Why should I buy a new suit when I could buy an industrial paint sprayer?".

sounds like its a tough sell to small minded people who really are not going to understand what this device is about and why it should exist.

dumb comments will always be there sadly.

Same as it would actually be cheaper for me to get the WiFi version and a 4G Hotspot.
Yea, honestly doubt that i'll use the 4g, but I will for sure use GPS, one feature I always missed having on my pandora, well that and build quality.
Damn a lot has happened since i've been gone

And please dotnt use "hail" on this boards, whe dont have good experience whit this in germany.. ^^

serveimage

Back