Preorders Have Started. (Previously named starts in two hours)

I have a question which might come up again:
I ordered a Pyra 4GB RAM.

Can I change this and get the Pyra 4GB + 4G??

(I don't have a need for 4G/LTE but I may in the future and I forgot about CPU upgrades... Might as well get full kit)

I have a question which might come up again:
I ordered a Pyra 4GB RAM.

Can I change this and get the Pyra 4GB + 4G??

(I don't have a need for 4G/LTE but I may in the future and I forgot about CPU upgrades... Might as well get full kit)
Proubly if you email ED if you ever want to change. He's a easy going guy

Keep in mind, the preorders kicked off on a Sunday while everyone in the US is off work. They should start to see that preorders are opened tomorrow. If first line news outlets pick it up halfway accurately, it would c possibly help. Engadget?

i'm interested in the US 4G, but not ordering until the Craig production price voucher situation is sorted.
I'm on my phone so I can't easily search what Evildragon said exactly, but I from what I gathered from what he said, any discount arranged would be applied to the final order, not the pre-order. This is because real money is needed up front to produce the Pyra.

I finally received the bitcoin link, but when I try to pay, I receive the message:

"The merchant is currently not able to accept this payment. Please contact the merchant to resolve this issue."

Lol, I tried, mane. At least the name is out there.

Yeah I would not worry too much about it... that's Phoronix for you. Most article are not any better.
Maybe it was a tad better in the past... but really it's quite bad. I don't want to hate too much on it as I think it is mostly run by a single guy...

I would take all information on Phoronix with a grain of salt. Also they like to run benchmark that are often quite meaningless. If only because you're unsure if the tests where done properly / are actually representative of anything. I guess the problem is doing things right is actually quite hard.

Honestly Benchmark number in itself are often not interesting out of itself. Unless it is a very straightforward test, there are so many variable involved that you would actually have to find out WHY there is a difference.
[doublepost=1462162062,1462161374][/doublepost]
Remember that the Pandora was all over tech sites way before its release (as much as a month) resulting in it being sold out in about a day. This doesn't seem to be the case this time around, perhaps spread the word to tech site editorial contacts?

Well the Pandora pre-order was a complete mess... we don't want this to happen again:

- The price for the Pandora was under-estimated. In contrast the price for the Pyra is realistic / in-line to it's production cost. (I trust Evildragon on this).
- Pandora was supposed to ship real soon... but that was just an empty promise. It's possible Craig did actually believe he could ship it so fast. In any case it was sure not realistic. Remember no proper Pandora prototype existed at that time.
- The payment problem / frozen back account (...) was a huge issue.

At the end I can see how the Pandora seemed more attractive at the time: It was supposed to be cheaper and there where less choice of mobile devices at the time.

I feel much more at ease with the Pyra preorder, knowing that Evildragon is *very* careful about not making promises he can not keep. The Pyra is an expensive devices, unfortunately it has to be that way considering the low production number and the complexity.

And even with all the mobile devices out there, I still think the Pyra has a niche for itself. The combination of Linux OS/form factor/gaming input/keyboard/expandability is quite impressive.

Well I've been lurking for about 8 years now. I didn't pull the trigger on the pandora back then but I remember getting excited over stuff like the change from 128MB to 256MB of ram. @EvilDragon it looks like you care a lot about this project so you've got my preorder, please do your best!

Preordering mine right now! I am super excited for this! I know there is still quite some time before delivery but at least my order is locked in. Been saving the preorder money since the announcement of the Pyra. :)

I will NOT get the US 4G model if it is required to use Verizon's network. I would much rather go with 3G if those were my only 2 choices.

I can't remember if it was ever confirmed that there would be no problems using the Pyra on Verizon...is just having the right module enough to ensure that?

I will NOT get the US 4G model if it is required to use Verizon's network. I would much rather go with 3G if those were my only 2 choices.

I can't remember if it was ever confirmed that there would be no problems using the Pyra on Verizon...is just having the right module enough to ensure that?
Verizon would never allow it unless they can stamp their logo on it.

Back