Preorders Have Started. (Previously named starts in two hours)

The 18th 24 hours of pre-orders is now up.

We got :

350 Pre-orders the first 24 hours (350)
79 Pre-orders in the second 24 hours. (429)
49 Pre-orders in the third 24 hours (478) (Some double up Pre-orders were removed though)
29 Pre-orders in the fourth 24 hours (507)
18 Pre-orders in the fifth 24 hours (525)
26 Pre-orders in the sixth 24 hours (551)
12 Pre-orders in the seventh 24 hours (563)
10 Pre-orders in the eight 24 hours (573)
17 Pre-orders in the ninth 24 hours (590)
11 Pre-orders in the tenth 24 hours (601)
9 Pre-orders in the eleventh 24 hours (610) - Note , the number would have been higher, however a number of duplicate orders were removed.
11 Pre-orders in the 12th 24 hours (621)
8 Pre-orders in the 13th 24 hours (629)
16 Pre-orders in the 14th 24 hours (645)
8 Pre-orders in the 15th 24 hours (653) - Adjusted
12 Pre-orders in the 16th 24 hours (665)
10 Pre-orders in the 17th 24 hours (675)
7 Pre-orders in the 18th 24 hours (682)

Daily average over the last 7 days was 10.29 Pre-orders a day

Note: Daily figures also include converted Pre Pre-orders. As such , actual new pre-orders would be a little less than quoted figures.

Almost there. I'm happy as a clam that my pyra is getting close. Atleast I have school all summer to take my mind off this.

Only 687. I think it's safe to say orders have effectively stalled and need some kind of injection to get them going again.

Only 687. I think it's safe to say orders have effectively stalled and need some kind of injection to get them going again.
More advertising I guess. We need some videos showing what the pyra can do, hopefully when ed's prototype is fully functional or thereabouts, he can make some new videos. Getting review units out to major sites is possible too, eventually.

Now 688! But that seems to have happened after the 11pm daily deadline (in the UK), so it means there were only 5 orders in the last 24 hour period.
Looks like we all have no choice but to buy that 2nd pyra now.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The 19th 24 hours of pre-orders is now up.

We got :

350 Pre-orders the first 24 hours (350)
79 Pre-orders in the second 24 hours. (429)
49 Pre-orders in the third 24 hours (478) (Some double up Pre-orders were removed though)
29 Pre-orders in the fourth 24 hours (507)
18 Pre-orders in the fifth 24 hours (525)
26 Pre-orders in the sixth 24 hours (551)
12 Pre-orders in the seventh 24 hours (563)
10 Pre-orders in the eight 24 hours (573)
17 Pre-orders in the ninth 24 hours (590)
11 Pre-orders in the tenth 24 hours (601)
9 Pre-orders in the eleventh 24 hours (610) - Note , the number would have been higher, however a number of duplicate orders were removed.
11 Pre-orders in the 12th 24 hours (621)
8 Pre-orders in the 13th 24 hours (629)
16 Pre-orders in the 14th 24 hours (645)
8 Pre-orders in the 15th 24 hours (653) - Adjusted
12 Pre-orders in the 16th 24 hours (665)
10 Pre-orders in the 17th 24 hours (675)
7 Pre-orders in the 18th 24 hours (682)
5 Pre-orders in the 19th 24 hours (687)

Daily average over the last 7 days was 9.42 Pre-orders a day

Note: Daily figures also include converted Pre Pre-orders. As such , actual new pre-orders would be a little less than quoted figures.

Looks like we all have no choice but to buy that 2nd pyra now.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I've been thinking about doing that. Just have to get the funds for it.
[doublepost=1463709042,1463705496][/doublepost]690 now almost there

Can someone convince to order one by explaining to me what I can do more with a Pyra (other than mobile data) than with my original first batch Pandora?

View higher resolution images. See the keyboard in the dark without flipping the screen forward. Play lots of games and emulators that don't work with the original Pandora.

It is easier to tell you what advantage a Pyra has for you if we know what you do with your Pandora.

View higher resolution images. See the keyboard in the dark without flipping the screen forward. Play lots of games and emulators that don't work with the original Pandora.

It is easier to tell you what advantage a Pyra has for you if we know what you do with your Pandora.

Emulators mostly (mainly up to PSX as N64 doesn't work well enough), ScummVM, a few Pandora games, and watch movies on the go.

Is the case stronger than Pandora (if have so many cracks in the case, even through normal use)?

The case of the Pyra will be much better than the one on the Pandora. ED posted a video of the plastic that will be used getting abused, and also mentioned that someone was jumping on it with no damage.

There should be a huge improvement with some of the iffy emulators on a Pandora. There are videos and discussion of this, as well.

As for watching movies, the increased screen resolution may help, depending on the files. The Pyra also has a larger screen.

Can someone convince to order one by explaining to me what I can do more with a Pyra (other than mobile data) than with my original first batch Pandora?
If the mobile data doesn't do it for you then just think of it as a Pandora with more power. It has more RAM for loading more things (ie, web pages, but also documents and particularly large games), and more CPU for things like decoding more recent videos and playing emulators.
It has other features, of course: USB3; eSATA; HDMI; superior charging; keyboard backlight as has been mentioned; 2 extra gaming buttons; different keyboard layout which may or may-not be better for you; bigger battery means longer life while doing the same tasks you did on your Pandora. I'm probably forgetting quite a few notable things.

N64 doesn't work well enough
Considering how well N64 runs on the Pandora and the Pyra is 3-6 times more powerful I can't see a reason it wouldn't work well at all.

Back