Beta Psx4Pandora Beta

Does anyone elses menu run slowly and not access folders properly? I try to get into a folder and it takes like 10 tries to get into it?

I just want CSOTN full speed then I will be happy :)

Fantastic work Zod, already impatient for another release ;)

Try tapping the button you're using to navigate with a little more quickly - it seems a bit oversensitive to me. :p

Yeah, also when hitting the action button to select to get into a folder, it just displays the same folder that i'm already in? Pretty weird but its early days :)

As far as I can see, what happens is that pressing the button for too long not only goes into the directory you want, but also hits the ".." once you're in there (since that's at the top of the listing, and the cursor always hops back to the top when you enter a different directory), which immediately takes you back to the previous directory. That's what I meant about it being a bit oversensitive. :p

Ah sorry, that makes sense! My button presses in psx4pandora will be like lightning from now!

Azure said:
So, saves are properly implemented now and everything? Because it seems like this is still in early beta, I'm hesitant to start playing some Final Fantasy games for the fear that save files become incompatible with later versions :)

EDIT: Also, does anybody know why some games (like Final Fantasy Tactics) have such odd aspect ratios?
Yeah I've been playing Alien Trilogy all over again and been saving everyday no problem (both in game and save state)

Last edited by a moderator:
Heart of Darkness seems to crash when I load any save state, All other tested games have worked fine
Edit: It would be cool if we could have memory card files for games that don't like save states

jaycee900 said:
Azure said:
So, saves are properly implemented now and everything? Because it seems like this is still in early beta, I'm hesitant to start playing some Final Fantasy games for the fear that save files become incompatible with later versions :)

EDIT: Also, does anybody know why some games (like Final Fantasy Tactics) have such odd aspect ratios?
Yeah I've been playing Alien Trilogy all over again and been saving everyday no problem (both in game and save state)
Yeah, it looks like saves work fine just now, I was just afraid that saves might become incompatible with future versions :)

mvickers03 said:
Edit: It would be cool if we could have memory card files for games that don't like save state
Memory card saving works as far as I'm aware.

Tinnus said:
mvickers03 said:
Edit: It would be cool if we could have memory card files for games that don't like save state

It does. In fact, I haven't had to load any of my save states yet, except for Tail Concerto, because of where I had left off, but I couldn't get save states to work for it. :\

-God Ginrai

how do I exit, L + R + A B X Y as well as being really hard to press down all at once doesn't seem to do anything :( also, some games just freeze, yet the fps etc is still updating live, yet the space bar stops working to bring up the menu... Think I'm gonna have to take my battery out to quit the app, had the quit been changed or is it still the six buttons listed above?

Thanks for any help :)

If you're pressing that button-combo in the menu, don't - you need to press those in-game.

As for taking your battery out, there's no need - hold down the Pandora button and push the power switch to the right as if you were powering the machine on. It's effectively like a reset button.

Prometheus said:
If you're pressing that button-combo in the menu, don't - you need to press those in-game.

As for taking your battery out, there's no need - hold down the Pandora button and push the power switch to the right as if you were powering the machine on. It's effectively like a reset button.
Thankyou :) I'd had to take battery out twice and was starting to think I wouldn't be able to use the emulator, lol, didn't wanna have to keep taking it out to reset... I think I tried pressing the keys in game but it's hard to cover ABXY with your thumb and press them all down. At least I can reset to quit if need be now :D

Tinnus said:
mvickers03 said:

Thanks very much Tinnus, I'm glad it is supported, Does it have a memory card file stored somewhere?

The only reason I ask is because whenever I quit the emulator then load it back up, It forgets all my memory card saves.

mvickers03 said:
Tinnus said:
mvickers03 said:

Thanks very much Tinnus, I'm glad it is supported, Does it have a memory card file stored somewhere?

The only reason I ask is because whenever I quit the emulator then load it back up, It forgets all my memory card saves.

Do you wait the necessary 5 seconds or so for the Memory card to show up?

-God Ginrai

yaKC said:
how do I exit, L + R + A B X Y as well as being really hard to press down all at once doesn't seem to do anything :( also, some games just freeze, yet the fps etc is still updating live, yet the space bar stops working to bring up the menu... Think I'm gonna have to take my battery out to quit the app, had the quit been changed or is it still the six buttons listed above?

Thanks for any help :)
Uh, not any chance you're pressing L/R on the keyboard? You're supposed to use the shoulder buttons (which should be easy to press? :S I don't have a pandora.)

Are there gonna be any updates for this emu? Or is this about as good as it gets?

HackModford said:
Are there gonna be any updates for this emu? Or is this about as good as it gets?

Patience, Zod did a tonne of work on this in just a weeks time. Tinnus, I believe, is still working on the graphics plugin that will hardware accelerate it. It's early days yet, and it looks to be running at good speeds for a large number of games. I'm eager to see it improve too.

Dead1nside said:
HackModford said:

Patience, Zod did a tonne of work on this in just a weeks time. Tinnus, I believe, is still working on the graphics plugin that will hardware accelerate it. It's early days yet, and it looks to be running at good speeds for a large number of games. I'm eager to see it improve too.
Yeah, I agree. Zod did some crazy quick work within the first 1-2 weeks, and made many things very playable. Many games run full speed at default settings.

Now I believe the things that need to be done require a bit more work, testing, and tweeking.

For those of you who like the work he has done, and want to show your support, drop by his site and make a donation. http://www.zodttd.com/ I'm dropping a donation right now.

Chris

Of course we're working! I might say people complaining about the lack of CDDA should get hyped up meanwhile ;)

Also, I've been struggling with OpenGL ES 2 the last week, but let's hope I come out victorious on that struggle :p

Back