Beta Psx4Pandora Beta

Ian_J said:
I don't have my Pandora yet but was wondering if there had been any progress on this emulator.

I'm sure there has been progress, however we have not been graced with any new releases, yet.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping to get a pandora in the next few months, then I can start hoping to get 3d acceleration. Perhaps I'd be better off hoping for advances in cryogenic suspension to keep me on ice till these dreams become reality. :lol:

I'm sorry to butt in here, but is your avatar a picture of William Shatner holding a rather large phallic symbol!?

Sarlix said:
I'm sorry to butt in here, but is your avatar a picture of William Shatner holding a rather large phallic symbol!?

You have a filthy mind. Clearly he's just kindly popped in to ships stores to get Lt. Uhura some sanitary product. :rolleyes:

TitanUranus said:
Sarlix said:

You have a filthy mind. Clearly he's just kindly popped in to ships stores to get Lt. Uhura some sanitary product. :rolleyes:

I have a filthy mind? Your the one who has it for an avatar lol

Anyway thats unlike any Starfleet issue sanitary product I've ever seen. Nope, my money's on a Gorn doorstop or Romulan mind probe.

I promised myself I wouldn't take this thread off-topic. But see what you made me do with your pre-industrial Ferengi ear swab!

God Ginrai said:
Ian_J said:
I don't have my Pandora yet but was wondering if there had been any progress on this emulator.

I'm sure there has been progress, however we have not been graced with any new releases, yet.

-God Ginrai
What exactly do you mean by new releases? I'm new to the whole emulator scene by the way.

He means precisely what he said: There hasn't been an updated version of the emulator made available since the last one was posted, yet. ;)

And welcome, by the way. :)

God Ginrai said:

-God Ginrai
It does look like the emu has been abandoned on the Pandora at least for a good while. Look at Zod's blog and all you see is him now concentrating on Apple devices again. I guess Apple devices have the pull of a thousand black holes. we may not see updates on Pandora for quite awhile if ever it seems.

DaveC said:
God Ginrai said:

-God Ginrai
It does look like the emu has been abandoned on the Pandora at least for a good while. Look at Zod's blog and all you see is him now concentrating on Apple devices again. I guess Apple devices have the pull of a thousand black holes. we may not see updates on Pandora for quite awhile if ever it seems.
I'm sure tinnus or notaz will come in with some fixes when they get the chance. If not maybe some other intrepid hacker will step in and maintain an updated branch or something. I'm not too worried as most games are totally playable.

Tinnus said just 3 pages back that he's working on it. He also said that he wanted hardware acceleration, scalers etc etc more than a lot of people on these boards.

I'd hardly call that abandoned.

I'm sure he's got something nice on its way to us....

Bryce Leo said:
DaveC said:
God Ginrai said:

-God Ginrai
I'm sure tinnus or notaz will come in with some fixes when they get the chance. If not maybe some other intrepid hacker will step in and maintain an updated branch or something. I'm not too worried as most games are totally playable.

Why would notaz randomly come in with a fix for the PSX emulator?

-God Ginrai

Gruso said:
Not that anyone expects him to, but he did randomly provide some help to the N64 guys. :p

True, but I believe that was due to the fact that he has been working on getting sound right on the Pandora, and the sound plugin for Mupen64plus was easy to replace because it was modular.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
True, but I believe that was due to the fact that he has been working on getting sound right on the Pandora, and the sound plugin for Mupen64plus was easy to replace because it was modular.

PSX4ALL is also modular. Just not pluggable. You may replace parts on compilation level.
Ie. My port for N900 has drawing and sound modules replaced by ones native to Maemo5.

Bryce Leo said:
I'm not too worried as most games are totally playable.

:S I must have the most Pandoa-Unfortunate collection of PSX games :(

Pleng said:
:S I must have the most Pandoa-Unfortunate collection of PSX games :(
Yuck... no fun. Which ones are giving you trouble? Playing issues or just sound issues? I play every game without sound (except FFVII) so that sure helps me out too.

Pleng said:
Bryce Leo said:
I'm not too worried as most games are totally playable.

:S I must have the most Pandora-Unfortunate collection of PSX games :(

Guess it depends on the definition of "Playable" :)

I'd say that most 3D games are *not* playable speedwise, and there are a few real classics that don't run at all (Syphon Filter series for example) or have severe graphical corruption (Tekken series).

Final Fantasy games are quite good speed, even at default 500 cpu, as well as Wipeout.

smoku said:
God Ginrai said:

PSX4ALL is also modular. Just not pluggable. You may replace parts on compilation level.
Ie. My port for N900 has drawing and sound modules replaced by ones native to Maemo5.

But you understand what I mean. One you can change the code for one part, and just replace the file in the current release. The other one you have to change the code in a certain part, and compile it back together. The Mupen64plus way seems to be a little more easy for tinkerers.

-God Ginrai

Back