Beta ptitSeb's Beta Lair

Yep. Integrated browser+js engine (based on Chromium+V8) that let build native apps.
Used in Visual Studio Code, Atom (2 very nice editors), Slack native client, and many many more.

Will these created apps be stand-alone executable on the Pandora? Or does it have to be run from terminal with node.js?

Sorry for asking so many questions without doing much research myself :p

I have updated the picolove pnd. I tried to improve compatibility (I should have a little, but many carts still wont load or behave incorrectly).
I have added a CART browser at launch. Put your cart (*.p8.png) is appdata/picolove/love/picolove/ (that folder will be created at 1st launch) and you will be able to select cart with a preview (I use a cheap yad file selection). Cancel that selection to launch picolove without a cart.

There seems to be a problem with the picolove PND for me. SGX driver 4.10 gives me sound, but black screen. Any other SGX driver I try gives me an error about not being able to initialize EGL.

There seems to be a problem with the picolove PND for me. SGX driver 4.10 gives me sound, but black screen. Any other SGX driver I try gives me an error about not being able to initialize EGL.
All the time, you get a black screen ?
I have noticed, on my side, that sometime it's super slow, so I kill it and relaunch and most of the time it then run. But the back screen, I have to investigate.
I asume you have a Gigahertz model (or is it a Rebirth)?

Gigahertz. I just got it to work by switching to 4.08 and then deleting appdata. Not quite sure what the problem was. Sorry to bother!

Gigahertz. I just got it to work by switching to 4.08 and then deleting appdata. Not quite sure what the problem was. Sorry to bother!
I know there is still something unstable with it. The initialisation part doesn't go well all the time. Still not sure at all what is wrong. Maybe I'll need to update my Löve build... It's not in the Beta thread or nothing :p

Codeblocks is updated. Many new and updated libs (looks the spoiler in the 1st post). Webkitgtk is updated, and I (super quickly) tested it with jumanji and seems to works with http and https. Note that for https, it's a bit tricky. This release of webkitgtk need a more modern version of gtk than the one on the Firmware (2.50), so I added some module. When using libwebkitgtk, you probably need to package in your PND the new gio modules (from /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/lib/gio/modules) somwhere and use
Code:
export GIO_EXTRA_MODULES=/PATH/TO/MODULES

I'll probably upload this the repo soon (and then update gcc to 6.3 for next codeblocks in a few month).

Last note, libwebkitgtk (again) is not stripped, so weight 1.2 GB for now. Don't forget to strip it before packaging your PND.

Any chance a new jumanji pnd could get made? The pnd on the repo doesn't seem to launch anymore. I've been trying to build surf as well, but havent gotten it working.

Any chance a new jumanji pnd could get made? The pnd on the repo doesn't seem to launch anymore. I've been trying to build surf as well, but havent gotten it working.
I would like to second this, I really liked Jumanji a lot!

I'll give a netsurf pnd a spin. I tried to build it myself on an old PIII desktop I use for testing 32-bit builds and for file storage, but I found getting all of its dependencies built a bit tricky. I gave up when I gave up on using the thing for graphics, discovering just how slow built-in graphics were on that gen of CPU - now I mostly just use it headless over ssh. But I used to use netsurf on my old Acorn hardware, so it'd be fun to see how far it's got since then, and it should be usable enough for the small subset of sites I typically visit on my Pandora, while presumably taking up less RAM than firefox.

I'd be interested in giving netsurf a spin as well.

I'm trying to find another lightweight browser to use, such as uzbl, surf, or netsurf.

For now when I want full featured, I use Qupzilla, Pale Moon, or Otter. For quick searches I use Dillo. I'm thinking there should be something in the middle of these, but haven't found it yet.

I have added Stunt Car Remake to the 1st post.

This is a remake of Stunt Car Racer, the famous racing game from Geoff Crammond from Atari/Amiga time.
The original version is based on the Amiga version disassemble, and was developped only for Windows.

I spent quite some time to port to Linux / OpenGL. The version is now playable (at last), and I put it here so you can try it on your Pandora.

My linux sources are on my github account: https://github.com/ptitSeb/stuntcarremake
You'll need SDL 1.2, SDL_Image, SDL_TTF, openal and glm to compile yourself (the Windows version still compile also, but the solution has been updated to VS2013).

The remake is not complete. Only the game it self as been coded. No Cup, championship, advanced menu, or things like that. You can just choose a circuit and race again an oponent (but the physics come from the original game). The rendering is now in 3D. There is no Cockpit/Engine bitmap, but the resolution and framerate is greatly improved.
I know the OpenGL port still have some issue (font rendering is not very good, and in some curve, the horizon doesn't seems to be inclined enough). Still, the game is playable.
preview3.png

Enjoy (and comment).

Back