Beta ptitSeb's Beta Lair

thanks for detailed explanation.

When you do porting you have to address 2x graphic driver versions at least? as the CC has an abandoned, buggy chip revision. Ugly... closed source drivers right? .Brings another level of complexity I guess.
Well, I do my main test and porting on a Gigahertz model.
Then, when the PND is done, I do a test on a CC. I test both the PND itself and the compatibility with the CC model. Most of the time, there is very little I can do if it doesn't run on CC. I sometime also try on my Rebirth model, but from experiences Rebirth behave like a Gigahertz, only a bit slower (or just slower if the the game is GPU limited). And yeah, closed source driver, so nothing to be done to even try fixing stuff.
[doublepost=1490459703,1490454486][/doublepost]Huge update, as you may have noticed.

Removed:
  • Mupen64plus: the update is now on the repo.
  • Torus Trooper: now on the repo, with a red warning because it doesn't run on CC model.
  • Free Heroes 2: now on the repo. If there is an issue with GoG Data extraction or some slowyness, please report them on the it's dedicated thread
Added:
  • An updated version of Homeworld, with a fresh build and updated libs.
  • Zelda Classic: latest version for git (so 2.50.3-RC1).

I did test Homeworld, and i can launch the game, but i get a lot of ALSA underruns, and there's a crisp sound on the speakers, like someone frying meat.

Torus Trooper works very well, except when there are a lot of objects on the screen.
Still very enjoyable and challenging to play.

Almost forgot. How's the progress on Codeblocks PND?

I did test Homeworld, and i can launch the game, but i get a lot of ALSA underruns, and there's a crisp sound on the speakers, like someone frying meat.

Torus Trooper works very well, except when there are a lot of objects on the screen.
Still very enjoyable and challenging to play.

Almost forgot. How's the progress on Codeblocks PND?
Thanks for the feedback. I'll double check Homeworld, because I didn't got that kind of behavour. I play part of the tutorial and all was fine.

For codeblocks, I'm almost done. I have skipped QtWebEngine for now (but have Qt 5.8 fully functionnal now, and with QtWebKit 5.8), and I have an intermediary build of the PND. I just miss the last lib, Poppler now.

Good to know. Maybe it's time to update the list i made with newer versions, ;)

Jokes aside. Thanks and keep up the good work.

I tested the PND on my CC model. I use data from a French CD version, updated to 1.05 version and didn't experienced what you describe. Using default config. Strange. Did you upgrade from a previous PND? You data comes from a CD verison or some Steam/GoG/other?

I tested the PND on my CC model. I use data from a French CD version, updated to 1.05 version and didn't experienced what you describe

I'm using the Spanish CD version, updated to 1.05 too.
I would reinstall the data, just in case some files got corrupted.
[doublepost=1490560774,1490558858][/doublepost]Found the problem, and it wasn't the data corrupted, but the new bluetooth plugin .asoundrc configuration.
I deleted it, and works fine now.

Added Lariad to the 1st post.
I have done very limited testing, and only on my Gigahertz model, so any feedback is welcome before I push it to the repo.

Hi all :)

@ptitSeb : thanks for porting Lariad to the Pandora, it looks like an AMAZING game !

I gave it a quick go this morning, and the swamp level was enjoyable on my Rebirth @ 600 MHz with SGX drivers 4.10. I may have to overclock a bit for the second level (framerate seemed to drop in the caves), but that remains to be seen.

EDIT: and thanks @shaddim for pointing to this game !

Cheers, Magic Sam
[doublepost=1490782505,1490781810][/doublepost]Hi again,

@ptitSeb: framerate in the second level is ~10-15 FPS. I tried overclocking to 825 MHz, but to no avail. Looks like this game is GPU bound.

Cheers, Magic Sam

Hi all :)

@ptitSeb : thanks for porting Lariad to the Pandora, it looks like an AMAZING game !

I gave it a quick go this morning, and the swamp level was enjoyable on my Rebirth @ 600 MHz with SGX drivers 4.10. I may have to overclock a bit for the second level (framerate seemed to drop in the caves), but that remains to be seen.

EDIT: and thanks @shaddim for pointing to this game !

Cheers, Magic Sam
[doublepost=1490782505,1490781810][/doublepost]Hi again,

@ptitSeb: framerate in the second level is ~10-15 FPS. I tried overclocking to 825 MHz, but to no avail. Looks like this game is GPU bound.

Cheers, Magic Sam
Ah ok, I'll take a look, but the engine seemed already pretty will optimised in term of draw command. What I can to is disable the use of FBO (that will probably removed the zoom in/out transition effect), but not sure it will help much. I first need to speed some time to first go to level 2 (or hack the sources to start on level 2).

Hey @ptitSeb, are you going to update Yabause to the last version? AFAIK it improve the speed and make more 2D games playable (like Guardian Heroes). Ty!

The beta is up to date? If it is, sorry, I thought it was from an old build :p.

Ok nice! Now I am guessing how to execute it, I am doing it through terminal (pnd_run) but I find a navigation panel where I suppouse I have to select the .iso to load... Without results.

I have updated the Yabause PND. Some Qt libs where missing, so I updated with latest version.

As before, prefer Yabause-Qt for now, Yabause-SDL is really experimental.

@3XCL4M4t10N : use Yabause-Qt, setup BIOS roms, choose Dynarec SH2, sound, some M68K emu core, etc (and Software rendering, there is only that for now). Then choose an ISO and it should start by itself.

Ok it is working now! Thank you!

BTW, about the navigation panel I mentioned before, It is called Zenity and It appeared again. I choose the sega bios but after that I saw Yabause was installed on Pandora so I don't think it is related. What's exactly is the Zenity panel?

Back