Beta ptitSeb's Beta Lair

If the license allows D3 demo to be packaged, yes. It's always nice to have a play-ready stuff.

Do you think I should put the Descent 3 Demo PND on the repo instead of here? And should I work on the Descent 3 Full PND too? (you is everyone that feels concerned about this)
I thought the intent was you put everything up here and promote things to repo releases once people have tested it? I'm not in a situation to test Pandora software currently, unfortunately, so you'll have to look elsewhere for that I'm afraid. In terms of a full release I assume you mean something that will take a dump from gog or steam or out old CDs and attempt to patch them up to run.

If the license allows D3 demo to be packaged, yes. It's always nice to have a play-ready stuff.
Yeah, but I don't see anything related to distribution in the demo archive... (you can have a look in the PND, maybe I overlooked something).

I thought the intent was you put everything up here and promote things to repo releases once people have tested it? I'm not in a situation to test Pandora software currently, unfortunately, so you'll have to look elsewhere for that I'm afraid. In terms of a full release I assume you mean something that will take a dump from gog or steam or out old CDs and attempt to patch them up to run.
Yep. Not sure people had enough time to test indeed. For the full, yes, that what I meant (well, only unpacking the GoG release, for other media, I let the user do the unpacking / copying, and the PND will just do the upper->lower case if needed).

@ptitSeb I'd love to see the Demo on the Repo; It's pretty small, and a good companion to the Descent2 pnd already in the Repo. But to be honest, I'm not a real fan of Descent (and that's mostly because I can not orient myself; also my nubs are old and broken).

Defining the keys is challenging. It does map them, but some keys leave no character when defined. (for example "Turn left" with directional pad left)

This worked for me: The keypad is for thrust and turning. And the buttons are for sliding in any direction:

Forward: keypad up
Reverse: keypad down
Afterburner: BSPC (delete)
Slide left: Button A
Slide right: Button B
Slide up: Button Y
Slide down: Button X

bank left: keypad left
bank right: keypad right

I tried to find the saved configuration, but could not find it.

Last edited:
The updated Codeblocks PND is uploaded. The link is on the 1st post. I think it will be time, soon, to upload it to repo too.

Not much things new, but the ccmake and other curses program issues are fixed. Also, this version feature latest EMACS, and latest box86. Note that the Dynarec version is box86t (because it's the Trace enabled build). box86 (without "t") is still the old non-dynarec version.

Enjoy (a 4Gb download)

Thanks! I might need to try Into the Breach and see if box86 allows it to run on Pandora.

@ptitSeb I came across another nes emu called punes https://github.com/punesemu/puNES/

Its supposed to be pretty accurate and running it on desktop it isnt too bad. I thought i try it out on pandora. Built it through the codeblocks pnd (had to play with one of the qt opengles headers).
It failing on the EGL config part I think in qt. It is using gl4es, of which ive tried multiple combinations.
Have you run any opengl qt apps with it?

@ptitSeb I came across another nes emu called punes https://github.com/punesemu/puNES/

Its supposed to be pretty accurate and running it on desktop it isnt too bad. I thought i try it out on pandora. Built it through the codeblocks pnd (had to play with one of the qt opengles headers).
It failing on the EGL config part I think in qt. It is using gl4es, of which ive tried multiple combinations.
Have you run any opengl qt apps with it?
The Qt in codeblocks is built for opengles, so it doesn't work with opengl apps. I haven't tried yet to build qt for OpenGL and see if it works with gl4es.

Thanks for the hint, so I converted it all to GLES2 and now the qt gui loads but nothing is rendered which i suspected might happen cause of the driver and X11.
Its working on my intel gles2 setup so I think the code is fine. Have you ported any qt apps like this yet, im not sure if I should try the older driver that supported X.
On the other hand I can hear the sound and the emulator is running pretty slow. It barely runs on the intel system with a atom cpu. But it would be nice to see it render on pandora.

Yeah, you need old X11 compatible drivers for Qt, I haven't found any workaround for the newer driver, sorry for that. It's very unconvenient, I know, but Qt are windowed apps, many times, so forcing FB mode will probably not work well anyway.

Hi PtitSeb, I have been messing around with RetroArch and am fascinated with the netplay option. Now I have 2 Pandoras and have been able to test the current netplay feature. For one yes it does work and I have been able to link up successfully with nes and a few others. One thing I have noticed is that the Retroarch netplay server screen does not pop up allowing the user to see others hosting games whereas my pc version does. Also when I connect to my other Pandora the controls seem to be bound to the same controller. If you or anyone wants to work on this I would be happy to test.

@ptitSeb : What is the most recent version of python you have built for Pandora? The most recent I see in CodeBlocks is 3.4 . I'm trying to build Godot 3.0 and I might need python 3.5+ to run SCons 3.0, which it seems to require. I'm not sure if building python 3.5+ or hunting down why Godot needs SCons 3.0 will be more time efficient.

Let me know if I can help at all. I’ll try building a newer version of python from source just to see what happens. I’m not sure if building it requires any special patches or compile defines.

Back