Q's About The Pandora Design

flammablepiss

Website
Visit site
Well I have been looking at various pictures of Pandora and all of them are a little bit different.
Picture #1 Is my favourite one.
The Option buttons, keyboard buttons and directional pad all look nice and smooth, and the speakers are styled like a Ds. The SD Card slots are also at the front.

Picture #2 This one has the power port and a mini usb at the front and I assume the SD Card slots are at the back. The keyboard is just a layover, and the directional pad and option buttons are also the same style. Personally I don't like these buttons as much because they stick out a bit more and they just look unprofessional. The speakers look bigger but still stylish.

Picture #3
This one is more or less the same as Picture #1 all the controlls are in the same place but they are the same material as Picture #2.

Granted these are all very minor differences... and I myself am not bothered about them (either way I will still buy the console) As the pre-orders get ever closer It would just be nice to actually see the ACTUAL Product that I will be buying !

Also could you guy clear up this issue for me.
I read on a recent post that the Pandora will have touch screen.
(This is not a feature particularly want) But I will take it if it has it ya know.

Thanks Ben !

"Picture 1" is the latest one.
The finished product will likely have more rounded corners, but that's more or less what it would look like.

Those other pictures are old renders that were just there to give people an idea of what it would look like. :)

EDIT: Yes, the Pandora will have a touchscreen.

PlopperZ said:
"Picture 1" is the latest one.
The finished product will likely have more rounded corners, but that's more or less what it would look like.

Those other pictures are old renders that were just there to give people an idea of what it would look like. :)
I thought it probably was, Its the best one !
Touchscreen as well ! Dude This things got everything !! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Craig has made a couple of posts recently that suggest you are going to get to see the real product soon. Here
craigix said:
Later this month Ed will get an almost final pre-production Pandora (ie the last of the MK0's) with a real case for high res videos and photos.

And here:
craigix said:
Well we want to make sure you have all seen plenty of videos and photos of the real thing before starting preorders, so yes this is the lead up to the preordering.

Just to sum things up:

Pic 1: Newest Official Render

Pic 2: Unofficial Render made by WarmFluffyUK based off a really old official render

Pic 3: Older Official Render

-God Ginrai

IF 1 is newest, what happened to bluetooth light? Also, doesi t still have reflective analog wells?

PoisonedV said:
IF 1 is newest, what happened to bluetooth light? Also, doesi t still have reflective analog wells?
Ok, the render with bluetooth is "technically" the newest render. But it's the same exact thing other than the BT led. As for the analog wheels, they no longer have the silver AFAIK, but there hasn't been a render showing the new ones yet.

-God Ginrai

Maybe we should turn this into "The official new Render request thread".

I wonder if I could get the 3D models from someone.

AireTamStorm said:
Maybe we should turn this into "The official new Render request thread".

I wonder if I could get the 3D models from someone.
You mean the files that let you make your own render? I doubt that Craig an Co. would give it to you, but WarmFluffyUK might give you hers.

-God Ginrai

I HOPE the reflective wells are still on, because thats actually my favorite little quirk of it. i watched the video like 9 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WOMFrOCti4
mmm sexy
Whats the song in that, btw.

PoisonedV said:
I HOPE the reflective wells are still on, because thats actually my favorite little quirk of it. i watched the video like 9 times

mmm sexy

last i heard the new nubs dont have the reflective area - they are smaller tho and will be moved a little closer to the edges. that was a while ago tho, they might have switched nubs again in all the confusion.
as for the song, read the comments...

Snu said:
PoisonedV said:

mmm sexy

last i heard the new nubs dont have the reflective area - they are smaller tho and will be moved a little closer to the edges. that was a while ago tho, they might have switched nubs again in all the confusion.
as for the song, read the comments...

They're the same nubs that you heard about.

But the plan was never to move them closer to the edges, it was to move them down. But that isn't happening either, due to some sort of "constructive negotiations" with the nub manufacturer.

-God Ginrai

Just bumping, hoping to get craig to confirm or deny that the reflective analog wells are still on the device?

also ginrai great signature

CronoTriggerfan said:
You guys talking about the metal trim around the analog sticks? I'm almost positive Craig said those were gone.
Yes, they are gone.

The new custom nubs are all black with a concave surface and 2mm of travel.

Back