Release Quake2 Nanogl

I do have some nub code ive been messing with the past week, its been a nuisance to come up with something without the nubs themselves. Although working with mweston to fo the testing, i have come with something. Its not perfect, but its getting there. Part of the problem i think is weston's nubs are pre production, basically they dont work quite as expected. The production nubs shouldnt have this problem.
I think I will be getting some nubs from weston soon.

Nice screenshots, it really does run and look better then the xbox port :) I guess having 4x more RAM helps more then I imagined! Is there still any room left for optimizing? Running at 500mhz still? Now I can't wait trying to see how well my secret q3 mod works on the pandora :D

Last edited by a moderator:
'Loonie' said:
I'm thinkin' left-analogue/shoulder button in left hand, Logitech VX Nano in right hand. Metro journeys will never be the same.
lol I also think I'm gonna quake it like that xD
but when properly configured, you can fps with two analog nubs with ease... especially these games where you can easily set the sensitivity, etc

finally got the mouse working with quake2, works wonderfully :)
also compiled the exp packs game shared libs and those are working from the test i did.

Strangely enough quake2 lighting is perfect, unlike q1. I would like to add the X changes from q3 to this and I think q2 will be done. I hope.

'Pickle' said:
finally got the mouse working with quake2, works wonderfully :)
also compiled the exp packs game shared libs and those are working from the test i did.

Strangely enough quake2 lighting is perfect, unlike q1. I would like to add the X changes from q3 to this and I think q2 will be done. I hope.
Thanks for the heads up :)

Are you using .qvm for quake 3, or .so libraries for game code? :eek:

MDave said:

All versions of quake3 have been using the shared lib. Theres a uiarm.so, qagame.so, and the client binary.

'Pickle' said:
'MDave' said:

All versions of quake3 have been using the shared lib. Theres a uiarm.so, qagame.so, and the client binary.
Ahh ok. No qvm support for arm then? This could limit the mods we can play on it :( most mods are compiled to .qvm and windows .dll shared libraries. Or am I mistaken?

MDave said:
'Pickle' said:
'MDave' said:

Ahh ok. No qvm support for arm then? This could limit the mods we can play on it :( most mods are compiled to .qvm and windows .dll shared libraries. Or am I mistaken?

Ok I think I know what your asking now, quake3 uses a virtual machine to do some things. There isnt a arm virtual machine, someone would have to write one. Although I think quake3 uses a 'C' interpreting machine instead. But I could be wrong, I didnt look at that area of the code much at all.

'Pickle' said:
'MDave' said:
'Pickle' said:
'MDave' said:

Ok I think I know what your asking now, quake3 uses a virtual machine to do some things. There isnt a arm virtual machine, someone would have to write one. Although I think quake3 uses a 'C' interpreting machine instead. But I could be wrong, I didnt look at that area of the code much at all.

Right, I thought that would be the case. :) The arm pocket pc port of Quake 3 might have an arm virtual machine written for it. ;)

In the mean time I guess I will have to compile .so files for my mod :)

Since q2 is playable, im contemplating making another video that isnt a demo. Would anyone be very interested to see something like that or was the demo video enough?

'Pickle' said:
Since q2 is playable, im contemplating making another video that isnt a demo. Would anyone be very interested to see something like that or was the demo video enough?
Why are you typing words instead of capturing video?

'Pickle' said:
The fact that you need to ask suggests this is a non-trivial thing to do, in which case I vote against a non-demo video. You've already got enough work to keep you busy, I imagine, without fiddling with whatever it is you'd need to fiddle with to make such a video.

Unless you can play with the analog nubs, I'm not that interested.

A video is always wellcome.
If I were in you I would capture in order all the 3 quakes to show how well everyone works (and catch the attention of many people :D )...

A question: is Quake 3 with the dinamic lights (that from a picture you posted looked much better) actually playable (you stated it run at 20/30 FPS but I can't figure out how can it look :) ).

WizardStan said:
'Pickle' said:
The fact that you need to ask suggests this is a non-trivial thing to do, in which case I vote against a non-demo video. You've already got enough work to keep you busy, I imagine, without fiddling with whatever it is you'd need to fiddle with to make such a video.
Its not difficult to run or setup. It will only take some time to record and upload.
But the main reason I ask is I thought many people after seeing the demo might not be interested in seeing the same thing but with me controlling it with mouse and keyboard. If theres no interest I wont do it.

benStillerDoIt.jpg

Back