Reordering Deadline

I'm in the odd situation of having preordered a Pandora and 8GB SD card in september from GBAX using VISA Debit (which goes through as credit), which cost me $380.18 ($3.8 currency exchange fee) and I got refunded $315.43 - a rather substantial loss.

But I'm happy to pay up to $400 if it helps fund development - I'm a game developer myself :)

Currently waiting for a reply from OP (one of several in a recent exchange) on how much I should be transferring.

It's a shame that there wasn't enough upfront investment to cover parts and the first 400 worth of manufacturing, and simply offering standard preorders (where the card is only charged once the item ships - I have heard there is even a law in the US that this must be the case) - I highly doubt the banks would get nervous if the card was only charged as the item shipped.

Note that some internet stores like newegg.com do dropshipping of special items (where the manufacturer receives payment from the store and directly ships to the specified address).

Is it still possible to order a pandora if you never preordered one before or are all of them taken?

LordHavoc said:
Currently waiting for a reply from OP (one of several in a recent exchange) on how much I should be transferring.
If you preordered and were refunded, then you should be transferring the same amount that you received as a refund. The only issue would be if you changed your order between now and then, in which case you need to wait for a new total.

There are still first batch leftovers available, though we won't know exactly how many until we finish processing all the reorders and new orders that have come in in the last week or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just placed my transfer 2 hours ago and the bank said it will take up to two days to process it- will I make it in it time?

Sent postal money order from the US (PA) on Feb 3rd via 1st class mail and received confirmation from Debs that the payment was received today (Feb 6th). I thought I'd be waiting until Monday for that confirmation. Cool.

No need to worry if you'll make it in time. It was all a clever ruse.

I had to wait for my paycheck today, went to the bank to do the transfer...

I put it through but they said there might be fees charged by the receiving bank. Has anyone been charged any of these? Any chance someone from OP can confirm or deny if and how much this would be?

Thanks (I'll be emailing later letting them know what's going on with my order)

Phawx said:
No need to worry if you'll make it in time. It was all a clever ruse.
It's not exactly a ruse, it's just not a "Get it here by the end of the day or you're out" situation either. We do need to cut off reorders at some point, and it needs to be sooner rather than later. Since we said one week, they should all be here within two. If we had said two, it would have taken three. If we didn't imply a sense of urgency, nobody would have acted urgently about it and we'd be twiddling our thumbs waiting for orders for another month.

Mailed in payment Friday, Jan 30. Still awaiting word of it's arrival. Won't worry, until towards the end of the coming week. Sometimes mail just runs slow.

I was told at Natwest that transfers to Barclays cost 25 quid. So I withdrew £220, walked down the street and paid it in at a Barclays.

25 quid seems a bit daft when you can transfer stuff from America for cheaper.

Bramrash said:
I was told at Natwest that transfers to Barclays cost 25 quid. So I withdrew £220, walked down the street and paid it in at a Barclays.

25 quid seems a bit daft when you can transfer stuff from America for cheaper.
Cheeky bastards. It was free for me, I'm with A&L - another UK bank.
And why should it cost you money? If you're a taxpayer then essentially you own a part of that fucking bank.
I have been tempted to walk into a Northern Rock branch and take some pens or something. Tell them that I have paid for them through my taxes so they can't say nothing!

Marko said:
And why should it cost you money? If you're a taxpayer then essentially you own a part of that fucking bank.
I have been tempted to walk into a Northern Rock branch and take some pens or something. Tell them that I have paid for them through my taxes so they can't say nothing!
No free pens? The bastards!

Honestly though, I've stayed with the same bank for 13 years for two small but incredibly important (to me) reasons - buckets full of free pens at every counter and incredibly convenient hours of operation. You can charge me all the fees you want as long as you're open till 8 on weekdays and open at all on Sunday. The pens help too.

Chip said:
Pushwall said:
Wired the money on Tuesday Feb. 3rd. And now it's Friday Feb. 6th and still no confirmation that they got the money.
There are a few transfers that haven't been matched up yet. When your bank processes the transfer, we first get notified electronically, then a few days later we get physical paper confirmation in the mail. Some banks electronic forms don't have the proper fields or too few characters in a field so there is not enough identifiable information in the electronic version to match the payment to an original order. We have to wait for the full paper version to show up which should have things like the order number on it.
I received a confirmation from Jacquelyn this morning. Woohoo! B)

Chip said:
Marko said:

Honestly though, I've stayed with the same bank for 13 years for two small but incredibly important (to me) reasons - buckets full of free pens at every counter and incredibly convenient hours of operation. You can charge me all the fees you want as long as you're open till 8 on weekdays and open at all on Sunday. The pens help too.
Barclays? I love those pens. I go up to the cashier and ask to check my balance, just so I have an excuse to grab a pen.

Butterman said:
Chip said:
Marko said:

Barclays? I love those pens. I go up to the cashier and ask to check my balance, just so I have an excuse to grab a pen.

So funny, I'm loving this banter. I rarely go into my local A&L branch but I do have the habit of filling my pockets with some random stationery - leaflets, pay in slips, pens (if Chip hasn't been already), loose fixtures and fittings!
My bank is generally quite good, if I have a late payment charge I just phone up and sweet talk the CS rep and the charge is cancelled. Pretty sweet.

Back