Reordering Deadline

This is the first time ive used my bank for anything interesting, and I wasn't impressed that it was going to cost me 25 quid. But to be fair the woman did recommend that I just withdrew the money and went to Barclays to pay it in, so it wasn't too bad.

And on the subject of free things...ikea pencils are awesomme!!

Bramrash said:
This is the first time ive used my bank for anything interesting, and I wasn't impressed that it was going to cost me 25 quid. But to be fair the woman did recommend that I just withdrew the money and went to Barclays to pay it in, so it wasn't too bad.

And on the subject of free things...ikea pencils are awesomme!!
What bank are you with? Not tried the IKEA pencils, sounds like the only reason to accompany the wife to IKEA now. Do I have to build the pencils up or do they come fully assembled? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Im with Natwest, joined them when I started uni because of the big overdraft and the free railcard.

Butterman said:
Barclays?
No TD Bank (formerly Commerce Bank). They even have one of those (free!) coin sorting machines in every branch lobby. It's a hell of a lot better than getting ripped off by Coinstar at the supermarket. It really makes up for their rather exorbitant $35 fee for international transfers.

Bramrash said:
Im with Natwest, joined them when I started uni because of the big overdraft and the free railcard.
Nice! Hope you intend to put something back into the economy you dirty sponging student :p

Marko said:
Bramrash said:
Nice! Hope you intend to put something back into the economy you dirty sponging student :p

surely if he sponges he isn't going to be all that dirty...

Meanwhile, if there's any danger of Chip getting involved in Pandora P&P, everyone check that your Pandora stylus hasn't mysteriously vanished (when you unpack it)!

We're only now discovering the TRUE root cause of the credit crunch - huge overheads for things that customers swipe (like pens)... ;)

Monk said:
Marko said:
Bramrash said:

surely if he spnges he isn't going to be all that dirty...

Meanwhile, if there's any danger of Chip getting involved in Pandora P&P, everyone check that your Pandora stylus hasn't mysteriously vanished (when you unpack it)!

We're only now discovering the TRUE root cause of the credit crunch - huge overheads for things that customers swipe (like pens)... ;)

LOL :D

Chip said:
Marko said:
And why should it cost you money? If you're a taxpayer then essentially you own a part of that fucking bank.
I have been tempted to walk into a Northern Rock branch and take some pens or something. Tell them that I have paid for them through my taxes so they can't say nothing!
No free pens? The bastards!

Honestly though, I've stayed with the same bank for 13 years for two small but incredibly important (to me) reasons - buckets full of free pens at every counter and incredibly convenient hours of operation. You can charge me all the fees you want as long as you're open till 8 on weekdays and open at all on Sunday. The pens help too.
Your bank is open till 8? Who are you with, and how do I sign up? :p

Barclays have been good to me, but closing my local branch at half 4 is annoying. That said, I have to agree with the people in this thread about swiping pens. I havn't bought one in years!

Oh, and I would also like to issue encouragement to pandora to start the production run. Screw all the people who have yet to deicde if they can re-order or not, the deadline of a week is well past :eek:

As I said, I'm with TD Bank (formerly Commerce Bank). Unless you live on the east coast of the US I'm afraid you're out of luck. There are five branches within three miles of my apartment. Here are their hours. Read them and weep:

Lobby:
M-W: 8:30AM-5PM
Th-F: 8:30AM-8PM
Sat: 8:30AM-3PM
Sun: 11:00AM-4PM

Drive-Thru:
M-F: 7:30AM-8PM
Sat: 7:30AM-6PM
Sun: 11:00AM-4PM

And they really do have buckets full of pens at the counter, and they really are free. From Wikipedia:QUOTE
Commerce Bank's business model generated what some call a cult following in the geographic areas where they had stores. Commerce offers its customers merchandising giveaways such as coffee mugs, pens and pencils. In 2006 alone, they gave out 28 million free pens.
Best. Bank. Ever.

Seriously though, we should probably wander back in the general direction of the topic.

Hmm, I am afraid the east coast of the USA is a bit far to go for a bank. Even if the do give free mugs :(

As for wandering in the direction of the topic, meh, the deadline was up last Thursday, and and anyone who still wants to pay would be better served by emailing or ringing pandora directly, I know I would rather an official reply over some guy on the forum! And if they want to announce payment deadlines are shut, I am sure a new thread would be made for that.

So, yeah, until this thread is locked, I think stories of bank stealing is the best thing for it :p

Miknal said:
As for wandering in the direction of the topic,
Well, I'm always game for a laugh! Topic Drift... gotta love it.

Miknal said:
meh, the deadline was up last Thursday
Whilst there's little I'd like to hear more than "We've started shipping Pandoras" wasn't there a 2-week period after the re-pre-order cutoff date for new orders to be palced, to take advantage of "dropped" orders?

Not what anyone who has paid wants to hear, but the final deadline may be some distance away yet...

craigix said:
Please try to get your REorders in within the next 7 days, don't worry if they don't arrive for a little after that - we will be flexible.

{snip}

New orders will be taken for about another two to three weeks (or of course until we run out of places, whichever happens first). During that time we will be moving forward to production.
Ah - two to three weeks. So the true new "pre-order" deadline for the first batch would appear to be about March 1st :( UNLESS OP cut off early or extend further.

If they are doing the production in micro batches of 400 as I have seen speculated, there isn't any reason for them to wait untill they have the exact number of orders before starting production. I think they have stated a few times that the re ordering thingy wont get in the way of production, as the prototypes and stuff need to be done anyway.

And as for being a sponge, I finished uni last June, but im currently planning a massive travelling trip, so i'm not quite what I like to call a "proper person" yet...

Hi all,

This is my first post, I ordered a Pandora back in October and I was refunded a while ago. I never received an email about it but I or about reordering. I've seen somewhere in this forums than some reordering emails are still being sent, along with a newsletter. I haven't received either yet :(

I order from the UK (Lloyds bank) and I'm happy to transfer the money, however I'm not sure what the procedure is. Unfortunately I don't have the time to search ALL the posts in this forum and for some reason (that might have been posted somewhere here), there's no clear information about all this in the blog/home page. I've already emailed openpandorasales asking for help, since I've just realised there was a deadline to reorder (lucky I checked the forums!), and I don't really know what to do...

Sorry for being a pain, I just want to make sure I won't miss getting one of them, especially when I ordered more than 3 months ago. I completely understand all the issues with the banks and pieces, etc., but I can't understand why clear information about reordering is not post in the blog/home page. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to check the forums and by the time I can there're already tens of posts in each topic, that is a bit hard to follow the latest news...

Anyway, if someone could tell me exactly what should I do to reorder my Pandora, making a payment from my UK bank but being sent to Melbourne AU, I'll be forever grateful :)

Thanks guys and again, sorry for being such a pain

C

Ps. I've got my original transaction number in case I need to include this info somewhere.

You should get back a mail from them, soon.
If you are willing to get active and transfer the money now, just check my sig for info :)

Thanks mali :)

I'll wait until tomorrow hoping they'll get back to me, otherwise I think I won't have more option that transferring the money... However, shall I transfer the amount I was refunded or usd$330? How do they know where to post my Pandora (do I need my original transaction number? Does that mean I have to pay more for posting (even though I paid for posting to Australia when I paid for mine in Oct.?)?

I wish some could clarify all this to me :(

humanfly said:
However, shall I transfer the amount I was refunded or usd$330?

Yes, just transfer the amount you were re-funded.
How do they know where to post my Pandora (do I need my original transaction number? Does that mean I have to pay more for posting (even though I paid for posting to Australia when I paid for mine in Oct.?)?
You have to give your order-number as reference in the transaction. They'll tie the transaction to your original post address. If shipping was included in the original amount you paid, it is still included.

After some hemming and hawing, I ended up just sending a check. It's reassuring to know that the money will probably be there in the next couple of days. Emailing my intention to pay via check should help on the OP end.

I had a really hard time justifying even the $5 fee when international post is only $0.94.

That being said, I'll be waiting until CC orders are up and running before I order any accessories or make any donations to the dev fund because checks are just way too much of a PITA.

Believe you me, there's a reason why I hadn't written a single check years.

humanfly said:
I wish some could clarify all this to me :(

The best thing you can do is send an email to openpandorasales@gmail.com explaining your situation (include your original order number). One of the nice ladies in sales will get back to you with an exact price and ordering instructions.

just wondering whats the average time for a confirmation email that you re-ordered

made my order on tuesday, via a lodgement (was unable todo a bank transfer on such sort notice), so it should have been in their bank on tuesday or wednesday, still havnt received an email confirming

i did clarify that i was using such a procedure, and i have a receipt, so i believe theyre probably just to bogged down at the moment

Back