Reordering Update

Completely, off-topic, but how's that keypad coming along? A complete Pandora would cheer us all up, I reckon ;)

mazza558 said:
Completely, off-topic, but how's that keypad coming along? A complete Pandora would cheer us all up, I reckon ;)

hehe, cheer us up, understatement of the week ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm, obviously i'd prefer to pay by credit card but i'm willing to do a bank transfer given this news - will have to be 1st week in jan tho...

What about an online service like Western Union? Could that work? (I'm thinking of their 'Direct to Bank' transfer, here, not the 'instant cash' one.)

Alternatively, I'd be happy to send a check.

Actually, I had planned to do a bank transfer, but it's a bit awkward having to go into the bank, what with banker's hours and all. I'll probably go ahead and do it this weekend if it's not sorted out by then.
(Last weekend was not the time to be doing banking here in New England.)

Username said:
Maybe the people who order by bank transfer get signed Pandoras, or maybe theirs are shipped first.
Cool, in Germany, the most people have payed per bank-Transfer so I would be very happy with a signed Pandora. :D Paying per Bank (wire) Transfer is the usualy way to pay here and the Credit Cards are the exotic payment method, I'm very glad thet ED's Shop doesn't have such problems because of this...afaik Bank Transfer doesn't even cost any fees if you transfer the money within the same Bank and ED's bank is the same likle mine. ^_^

To Craig:

Why don't you set up local openpandora bank accounts in each of the major markets, then get people to transfer their money to those (say this works for 60% of customers) locally. Then the rest of the countries (other 40% of customers) can reorder on credit card.

Then you yourself can internationally transfer the funds from the local accounts back (and get charged a single transaction fee) to the UK. Just an idea :D

I have already put accross my bank transfer so mine will be a pint!

For us doing a fund transfer this way there is personal risk but you got to have faith in the team. Keep supporting the team guys . Come on they deserve it! There are not many people in this world brave enough to do what they have done!

I have been lurking on the forums for some time now but i felt now was the time to speak up. Lets put our support behind the team! Yay pandora!

oh and can i get a bag of penuts as well?

Has a merchant been screwed by google checkout yet?

I've got no problem paying by bank transfer.

For enticement, you could offer a gift to those internationals who order by bank transfer? Like a TV Out cable or spare battery - a keychain panda!

Although, opening a US bank account would likely solve a great deal of the problem - except for those who are paranoid of a scam.

I just sent in my form to do the international transfer... As soon as my approval comes back I'll send my bank transfer...

:-( I figured something like this was happening and it SUCKS for the team. it also sucks for a lot of people who won't be able to reorder. Add me to the list of coming transfers...

Oh man, that is bad news indeed. It's going to be mighty hard to convince most of the US pre-order's to pay through a bank transfer instead of credit card which they swear by and only use because of lack of insurance.

What you will have to do is try to convince them that there is no way OpenPandora can file for bankruptcy before all the units are shipped. If everyone paid by bank transfer then there won't be any risk of bankruptcy. Gotta convince these people!

Problem with paypal is they freeze your account because you receive so many orders at once which raises up the 'highly suspicious activity flag!'.

For you US people that refuse to pay by bank transfer: Most of us Europeans have, and is pretty normal to. It's because it's very, very rare for a start up company to file for bankruptcy here before a product is shipped and when its already manufactured (or when its no problem to have them all manufactured) ;) It's only perhaps AFTER the company has sold quite a few over a long period of time when demand is very little and there's too much stock. I'm pretty sure that's nothing to fear from because some of the individuals behind the OpenPandora team have run business's for 5 years + so know what they're doing and have no reason to make risky decisions.

Come on everyone! Do the bank transfer!

Whats this about a possible extra bonus for doing it that way? Was the 256MB RAM + 512MB NAND not enough compensation for us?! Sweet :D

It doesnt just mean paying a fee to my bank it also means paying a fee to the UK bank on the other side. Without knowing exactly how much the fee is there is no way of knowing how short I will be by the time the transaction reaches its destination. International bank transfers are a pain in the $%^#.

I haven't decided if I am going to re-order yet, this is very annoying and disapointing.

Sphinxter said:
Western Union?
I don't know how much you guys pay for a bank transfer (mine was free. In Portugal they don't charge for that), but I paid €9.50 to send €40 by Western Union to Germany, so I don't think Western Union is an option. That was 25% of the amount I was paying...
I know that the percentage is lower as the amount grows, but still I think it's really expensive...

Now, back to the idea of offering a TV-Out cable to those of us who paid by bank transfer... ;)

Back