Reordering Update

Hi all,
to echo the earlier supporting comment from Markoez, and

to all those worrying about how difficult (or not) a UK bank transfer is.

Transfer from LLoydsTSB initiated online at 8p.m friday 19th, confirmation e-mail from Jacquelyn received at 9:20 am this morning 22/12 - you can't get much faster than that with the UK banking system.

I have e-mailed the admin team Debs & Jacquelyn several times and have always had a response with in 24 hours - you can not fault that for customer service!!

Give the dev team a break and lets hope for an early New Year present.

Grezm

That is one thing I have to admit, the emails to the customer service are always fast.

Is there a good online service in the UK one could use to send flowers from North America to these two ladies?

sverm said:
Is there a good online service in the UK one could use to send flowers from North America to these two ladies?
I believe www.interflora.co.uk should work ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Chip said:
There have been dozens of posts in the last month from Craig and I regarding the bank situation. You do not need to "hunt and poke" for information, you only need to read the Official Dev Update List where I collect all the relevant posts.

Is there any way that you could quote individual posts in the official dev update list? I think it would make it easier to find more relevant information...searching 22 or so pages to find your post in here makes it difficult to find updates.

BTW Is that a Star Blazers pic or a Voltron pic?

Edit: Anyone heard of or done a wire transfer through this company called Currency Source? It doesn't show transfer fees on the site (at least I couldn't find them) which scares me, however, couldn't find anything bad online about them either.

Double Edit: Nevermind about Currency Source <-shows unsatisfactory with BBB

On March 6, 2008, Travel Currency Inc and Rainey Threadgill DBA Currency Source, Order Currency, Purchase Currency, Order Wires, and Travel Wireless entered into an Agreed Final Judgment and Permanent Injunction with the Texas Attorney General.

The Judgment and Injunction settles charges the company misrepresented fees, failed to provide wire services, canceled orders without notifying consumers, debited customers' bank accounts without authorization, and misstated exchange rates.

Under terms of the Agreed Final Judgment and Permanent Injunction, Travel Currency Inc and Rainey Threadgill DBA Currency Source, Order Currency, Purchase Currency, Order Wires, and Travel Wireless was prohibited from future unlawful acts and provided refunds to consumers who filed complaints with the Texas Attorney General about disputed fees, or to those who file complaints within 90 days of this final order.

For more information, please visit the following link: http://www.oag.state.tx.us/newspubs/releas...8travel_afj.pdf

The view mode can be switched to outline in the link to the post. But the big problem is, that it will be standard from then on and you would have to switch the view mode back to normal every time you have clicked on a link in the dev team updates and that would be very annoying IMO

Edit:
While we are at it, the Dec 11 link is still wrong, it points to my stupid truck vs. Porsche comment ;)

YAD.. Where're we going Pandora Team? Someplace exotic?

Am I one of the few left in the refund process? I've seen some bad press for XOOM so I guess we won't be using them. I'm relatively fine with the Bank transfer stuffs, but I got to get my refund still. How many more people do you need to do bank transfers before you guys can do all CC orders?

As always, thanks.

MarkoeZ said:
one tranfer closer to resolving this, it was quite easy here in the Netherlands. And even got me a nice holiday greeting ;)

Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 8:48:30 AM
To: Mark --- (---)

Hi Mark,

Just to let you know we have received your bank transfer and it has been matched to your original order.

Many thanks and best wishes for Christmas and the New Year.

Jacquelyn

Ik zou maar uitkijken met bestellen, ik heb die console alleen maar als gephotoshopt plaatje op het internet gezien, Nergens is hij echt te zien. Op youtube zijn alleen filmpjes van de "pandora" en dan zie je alleen maar een lcd schermpje en NIET de gehele console.

Lijkt mij vrij nep allemaal. Maar misschien heb ik wel helemaal mis.

Heb je meer info zodat je zeker weet dat het echt is ????

What is happening ????

I only see a photoshop picture of a "pandora"
on youtube you only see "pandora" lcd movies.

Why dows nobody thing this is a big scam ?????
Why don't you people think before buying ?????

I hope i'm totaly wrong of course.

patman said:
Ik zou maar uitkijken met bestellen(, ik heb die console alleen maar als gephotoshopt plaatje op het internet gezien, Nergens is hij echt te zien. Op youtube zijn alleen filmpjes van de "pandora" en dan zie je alleen maar een lcd schermpje en NIET de gehele console.

Lijkt mij vrij nep allemaal. Maar misschien heb ik wel helemaal mis.

Heb je meer info zodat je zeker weet dat het echt is ????
You can understand English apparently so since everyone else uses it, ill reply in it as well

I've been following the creation of this console for i think a year now, seeing thing happening, being built, being organised. Lot's of well established names are helping this project. Do you really think they would sell out all their names over a measly million dollar (divided by at least 10 ppl then), year taking scam??? Does not seem worth the effort.

patman: Are you blind, or just incredibly stupid? What motivation could they possibly have to do something like that over such a long period, complete with making fake accounts to confirm refunds and develop programs for this system? The scenario you put forth is so impossibly dumb, I have no idea where to start with a response. Bottom line, everyone involved has much better things to do with their time than what you think is going on.

owenshadbolt said:
Hi All,

Can't PayPal be used to send money to anyone with an email address? How does that work? Does the recipient need to have/create a PayPal acc?
paypal would freeze the account. for no reason other then they would be getting allot of money on it.
zoom as i posted earlier is insecure.

Phawx said:
I'm relatively fine with the Bank transfer stuffs, but I got to get my refund still.
ahaa! so im not alone, I will have to wait til january til i can check if the refund made it through, my bank seems to be slow reporting this online..

til then i wont be able to tell how much money i got refunded = how much money i will put on the bank transfer.

I still have hopes to get the pandora by march.

/a

Just an update regarding my cancelled Xoom transfer.
I called the customer support number I received in an email and after pulling up my transaction the rep told me that "the company does not have a good record with us". I'm not entirely sure what that means since all they do is take your money and deposit it into a bank account. The guy had enough trouble saying it so I could understand him so I didn't feel like pressing further.
Perhaps the team can contact them and swing something, but for now I'll go back to waiting for another option that doesn't involve a $45 wire fee.

typs lik dis said:
patman: Are you blind, or just incredibly stupid? What motivation could they possibly have to do something like that over such a long period, complete with making fake accounts to confirm refunds and develop programs for this system? The scenario you put forth is so impossibly dumb, I have no idea where to start with a response. Bottom line, everyone involved has much better things to do with their time than what you think is going on.

they are about to send a couple of thousand pandora's !
just show me one !

and why does everybody has troubles paying for the console ?

just show me one that works ! no lcd movie or pictures, just one where somebody is typing on a pandora.

patman said:
typs lik dis said:

they are about to send a couple of thousand pandora's !
just show me one !

and why does everybody has troubles paying for the console ?

just show me one that works ! no lcd movie or pictures, just one where somebody is typing on a pandora.

Clearly the thing is not a scam. It's just a terribly, terribly run project.

They can't even even seem to instruct a company to send a keymat to the correct person. When it does arrive at the wrong address, the person it was erroneously sent to took it to a show with him, rather than sending it to the guy who was supposed to have it (the guy who has all the REST of the parts, the one waiting for the keymat so he can build a complete unit)!

On top of that the team clearly have some banking issues which were all triggered by them not for-warning the bank that their annual turnover was about to increase by about 40 fold over the next few days. What has happened since then, I'm sure we'll never really know.

It's a shame because the Pandora is such a promising product. And I believe that the people in charge 100% have their hearts in the right places. They should have hired a business consultant of some kind though as they are clearly a little out of their depth. I hope that once the first batch are out the door they will do so, to help prevent any further slip-ups.

patman said:
my guess is that's the next video that is going to be uploaded, but probably not in a full assemble case, yet.

Back