Right, let's start recovering this?

If I wanted to enquire about something I wanted to buy, would that be enquiries or sales? The only safe way to split it up is to split it into 'I want to ask/say something about something I haven't bought yet' and 'I want help with something I have bought'. Perhaps also 'I'm in the middle of trying to buy something, but my bank/your website/the postal service/the alignment of the planets this week isn't right'.

But yes, I agree that getting it sorted into folders, either manually or preferably by telling people to mail the right address is a good idea. Different sorts of enquiries can be prioritised differently, and you can also get in the right mindset to deal with a certain sort of task which helps get through them more quickly.

Not sure about asking people to resend email which he's already received though. That would strike me as a little incompetent, and not the sort of thing ED would do.

Well my guess is that since April a large chunk of people who emailed would have got into contact with ED by other means, or would have answered their own queries through the forums here.

And I think those people should get a reply - and a reply NOW. Doesn't matter if it's a mass email or automated email.

And I think those people should get a reply - and a reply NOW. Doesn't matter if it's a mass email or automated email.

I never understood why automated things were never worked out. I bet 80% at least of the mails could be avoided/responded automatically if they took their time... spending one or two full week on that would have been repayed some ages ago... and I'm sure there's enough IT guys there to help with this kind of tasks...

i love how the people that jumped the line with their 1ghz preorder are now complaining about other people jumping the line in front of them to get a 1ghz pandora. seriously, wtf did you expect?

We DIDN'T jump the line, it was made VERY clear this is a Special, Limited TEST RUN of 1GHz units and we PAID a hell of a lot more for it NOT only that, but this was to also support the original pre-orders to get their units even more faster! B.T.W I was "preempting" complaining about a potential situation that a original preorderer who can upgrade to 1GHz for LESS $ AND jump the queue, but its been made clear this is NOT the case..

I never understood why automated things were never worked out. I bet 80% at least of the mails could be avoided/responded automatically if they took their time... spending one or two full week on that would have been repayed some ages ago... and I'm sure there's enough IT guys there to help with this kind of tasks...

Agree - Personally I would avoid direct email contacts and simply use a Form, with categories and setting priorities depending on the type of request. And for some non-order related requests, you could "outsource" some questions to the community, I believe... Anyway, thete's many ways you can improve on this.

Agree - Personally I would avoid direct email contacts and simply use a Form, with categories and setting priorities depending on the type of request. And for some non-order related requests, you could "outsource" some questions to the community, I believe... Anyway, thete's many ways you can improve on this.

You can even avoid the form or use a ticketing system in conjunction with the form. You can automatically assign queues based on whats in the subject or body of the email and then you can automatically know what queue deals with what. Say have a purchase queue, warranty and so on. You can assign the tickets and mark them as open closed etc.

Really good for organisation and getting on top of things.

i'd recommend using OTRS which as the name says is an opensource ticketing system. we're using this for pretty much all email based customer communication.

while it sometimes annoys me (because i just dont like ticket escalation ;) ), a ticketing system is still the only way to get it handled.

I've already got OSTicket setup and ready to go, but that won't help with all the old eMails I got ;)

I've already got OSTicket setup and ready to go, but that won't help with all the old eMails I got ;)

Send an automatic mail to all the people waiting for a response to resend their request if they still matter...

Still happy to keep waiting in 1Ghz preorder queue for the test run units, hoping for a Pandy back before christmas but i can wait as long as I have to.

If we're still getting the wooden boxes perhaps we should get a t-shirt or something saying "I Survived Graigix 1Ghz Pre-Order Que". Missing my Pandora right now but i have my hands full as my 2nd daughter has just been born, i'm sure she'll keep me busy! Dont get too demoralized Craig shit happens and most of us understand this.

Dont get too demoralized Craig shit happens and most of us understand this.

Well said that man. Before people post horrible comments, they should try putting themselves in his shoes for a while. I've not even ordered a Pandora yet, but i'm sure that Crag is doing all in his power to make the situation right. You'll get there soon man. KRO

Send an automatic mail to all the people waiting for a response to resend their request if they still matter...

Yup. Trust me, you wouldn't be the first business to do this ED.

Here is a really nice, polite email I got from a screenprinting company after not receiving a reply to my enquiry for a few months:

We would love to work with you ----

Hey -----,

Its ---- here. I am the owner of ---- Screenprinting.

You have been in contact with us in the past through our website requesting a quote or more information on our products and services. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to work with you.

We may or may not have replied to your enquiry. If we didn't I sincerely apologise. That isn't acceptable customer service and we are putting measures in place so this no longer happens.

Some of you may have become customers. That is awesome and we thank you and appreciate your business. And some of you just didn't go ahead with us and we'd love the opportunity to work with you.

You see over the last couple of years we have had massive growth and haven't been able to keep up with all the requests we get in. That is changing at the moment.

We are going to be in touch more often with heaps of information on t-shirt printing and how you can get the most out of what we do here.

So as an apology for not giving you the prompt response you are entitled to we want to offer you a 20% discount on any t-shirt printing order you place with us. We would love to have you as a customer and promise to provide you with the service you deserve.

Look, I understand that it may have been a while since you were in contact and if we didn't get back to you, you might not be interested at all in anything we have to say. That's totally understandable. If thats the case please unsubscribe immediately from this list ----
The last thing we want to do is annoy you or be accused of SPAMming you...but I really hope you choose to stay on this email list because I think we have a lot to offer you.

So take advantage of our "Apology Offer" we would be stoked to have another opportunity to have you as a customer. Just reply to this email with all the details of your job and we will get back to you (we promise) with all the information you need.

Thanks from ---- and the team @ ---- Screenprinting...we look forward to working with you.

---- Screen Printing

---, -----, Qld 4223

It can be done. It has been done. No doubt it shall be done again
:)

I was actually quite surprised and pleased to get this email, and I'm still happy to do business with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Q) What now?

Right, I'l like to go ahead with the planned 1Ghz publicity we have prepared. From these sales we will do a 1 for 1. Each unit sold will cover a preorder.

But remember, there will still be cancelled orders, returned units and issues while doing all this.

But that promotion should clear the 1Ghz backlog.

Then we're back to clearing original orders.

What's happening with this? Can't you start this NOW!

Instead we are getting multiple updates about the status of your Macbook's dead hard drive! Jeeze!

What's happening with this? Can't you start this NOW!

Instead we are getting multiple updates about the status of your Macbook's dead hard drive! Jeeze!
Mac HDD crashes have brought more havoc to this world than the cataclysm that wiped out the dinosaurs. Fact.

On a more serious note, I have a simple question:

What is the difference between the original price we originally paid back in 2008 (and the re-preorder from.. 2009 I think?) and the production cost of a 600MHz unit nowadays, including operation losses accumulated since then? Perhaps some of us could cover that difference, instead of taking the steep 1GHz upgrade plan option.

What is the difference between the original price we originally paid back in 2008 (and the re-preorder from.. 2009 I think?) and the production cost of a 600MHz unit nowadays, including operation losses accumulated since then? Perhaps some of us could cover that difference, instead of taking the steep 1GHz upgrade plan option.

Don't know if this is still the same, but basically you're upgrading from a CC to a GC Pandora

Don't know if this is still the same, but basically you're upgrading from a CC to a GC Pandora

from an other point of view we rather downgraded from the most powerfull portable device to something less powerfull than most nowaday smartphones...

Trying not to be a huge prick. I have a Pandora, and I use it a lot. The CPU statistics are just numbers.. dick measuring.

How the hardware is used is what matters. It's pointless to compare as having a 1.5GHz dual core CPU with 2GB of DDR3 onboard doesn't mean dick if your sending an SMS to your mother :)

The Pandora is still relevant because there hasn't been anything else to replace it. so the original pandora is still the benchmark!

--- regardless, is anybody getting their preorders?

I'm not saying you should shut up, but a change of perspective wouldn't hurt. Everyone knows there are people that still don't have their Pandoras, I want everyone to get there Pandora - yes I already have mine, so I have no other interest in wanting this to happen apart from that's what should happen.

We need to try and keep going and try and keep some positivity with this, because the alternative would be to say "screw it" and then the remaining preorderers would really have something to complain about... This is what I'm getting at... You are right to be pissed off about this, but constant negativity isn't going to help anyone.

Back