Scummvm For The Gp2x - Test Builds

DJWillis

Random GP32/GP2X/Wiz & Pandora Moocher
Website
www.distant-earth.com
NEW ALPHA 6.2 AT POST 26.

Just thought I would make a quick post here in its own right.

This is just an update to my existing Alpha 6 build with faster OGG (working MUCH better), misc fixes, changes to save code etc. – Being a WIP build I have NOT REALLY TESTED MUCH – READ: AT ALL.

Worth adding that this build works with TV out (so I have just been told) :).

This is not an 'official' alpha as such, just a few experimental patches that turned out well (and it now supports V. 7/8 games (i.e. The Dig/FT)).

Alpha 6.1 here.

Can I request people please DON'T mirror my alphas as they will get out of date very quickly, as for WIP builds, please send them to this thread – If they start to get mirrored all over the place then I will just go back to the main releases on my site and leave it at that.

The official Alpha 7 will have a tweaked button layout (Support for MI2) and some other fixes (and maybe scalar if I can find a way to clean up the image enough to make it usable).

Still, as some of you seem to like to play with the latest builds play away :D.

If people want me to I will look into posting more WIP builds to this thread between public releases.

Feedback in this thread would be cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
this only works with english version of games :(

cant u add more languages?

Spanish for example ? :p

ty

this only works with english version of games :(

cant u add more languages?

Spanish for example ? :p

ty

What games? I have used German, Spanish and English games without issue, define your problem a bit.

Is it Simon in Spanish by any chance? That was missing the correct MD5 hash in this build, should be in the next alpha.

yeah its simon, anyway in simon2 i cant even show the menu to save or quit game.
but in thedig the menu show fine, dunno why

ok i got pwnedXDD

another question, when i use the postcard, if i use option to go out of the scumm, he ask me about yes or not to go out, and i cant make nothing to answer :/

ok i got pwnedXDD

another question, when i use the postcard, if i use option to go out of the scumm, he ask me about yes or not to go out, and i cant make nothing to answer :/

True, Y is not set to a button. Wait for Alpha 7 with the new keymap if you need that.

John

ty john, if u can, add S key aswell for spanish version :)

ty for this scumm version, its nice

Hmm, starting to run out of keys.

Do people want to propose keymaps? I am all open to ideas. Remember that combo's of keys are possable in some cases.

Will there be an option to shut off stretching in a future version?

DaveC, DID YOU EVEN READ MY REPLY IN THE OTHER THREAD - The one that says, DaveC, just for you, try this :) ;).

Or maybe the README on my site for Alpha 6 maybe, just maybe or even the one in the ZIP :D.

I'm loving your build, no sound lag is what I have been waiting for :D . Just wish I had a bigger sd card as Day of the Tentacle is huge !!! :(

Tony

I'm loving your build, no sound lag is what I have been waiting for :D . Just wish I had a bigger sd card as Day of the Tentacle is huge !!! :(

Compress the Monster.sou to OGG Vorbis, hey presto the games gone on a diet :D.
OGG Vorbis and MP3 compressed audio is supported in the port.

DaveC, DID YOU EVEN READ MY REPLY IN THE OTHER THREAD - The one that says, DaveC, just for you, try this :) ;).

Or maybe the README on my site for Alpha 6 maybe, just maybe or even the one in the ZIP :D.

No actually I missed it, sorry. I didn't get as far as the readme because I thought it was still scaled and didn't DL yet. Meant no disrespect.

Thanks for adding it though I will test it later. Thanks for the great work you do here :)

Cheers :)

how is going work on scummvm djwillis? i love your port , ty for your job :)

Tweaking the scalar code at the moment.

Look here for a new test build tonight or tomorrow that may support BS1/2 and COMI. They look ugly and slow but it proves a point ;).

Other then that I have been hacking in some bits and bobs like polling the batt. levels to tell you if you need to save etc. (not working well yet).

nice job, just a question, i was thinking to set enter to a button, so should work to exit of simon2 instead of use Y key or S key

what do you think?

EDIT: nevermind u already did

Back