Scummvm For The Gp2x - Test Builds

sweetlilmre posted on Feb 19 2006 at 09:24 AM said:
Gandalfjip posted on Feb 14 2006 at 01:01 AM said:
hi, i already tryied but i got black screen :( i extract the zip in sd/ScummVM  i got firmware 1.4.0 aswell

Hi,

I'm sure I'm being an idiot, but I also get the Black Screen Of Death. I have the default-theme.zip in /mnt/sd/svm along with the .gpe, and no dice.

Gandalfjip: how did you fix this? (looking at the serial output, everything seems fine, but nothing happens).

Thanks
-(e)

well i only deleted default-theme.zip, i got old menu, but work more times, but i got black screen sometimes too.

My folder is ScummVM

Last edited by a moderator:
All,

Here is a quick new alpha based on the alpha 7 codebase.

It has NOT been tested much as I have no GP2X at the moment (boatloader is bricked and my jTAG is FUBAR so I am screwed for now).

It is a fix release for Alpha 7 for a number of small bugs (black screen, sound, flickering, creating a folder on the SD etc.).

It may still crash if you click 'options' and some of the #GP2XDEV guys said there was a wierd cursor 'blip', I don't have a working GP2X to test right now.

Anyway, if you want to try it grab it and play, let me know how it goes.

ScummVM-GP2X-Alpha-7.1-0.9.0-SVN

ty for your job djwillis, i gonna try now :)

EDIT this new cursor of mouse fucked broken sword 1, since changed when u do actions now still with same type of cursor
the old cursor is in top left and its show both

Gandalfjip posted on Feb 22 2006 at 11:31 PM said:
EDIT this new cursor of mouse fucked broken sword 1, since before the cursor changed when u do actions, now still with same type of cursor
the old cursor is in top left and its show both

Ok, thats not good at all. I will look at the code but with no GP2X I can give no idea with how long a fix will take ;).

sweetlilmre posted on Feb 19 2006 at 10:24 AM said:
Gandalfjip posted on Feb 14 2006 at 01:01 AM said:
hi, i already tryied but i got black screen :( i extract the zip in sd/ScummVM  i got firmware 1.4.0 aswell

Hi,

I'm sure I'm being an idiot, but I also get the Black Screen Of Death. I have the default-theme.zip in /mnt/sd/svm along with the .gpe, and no dice.

Gandalfjip: how did you fix this? (looking at the serial output, everything seems fine, but nothing happens).

Thanks
-(e)

Same here, still on Firmware 1.1.0 though, Trying to run BASS. Any ideas?

hey

just to be sure, I don't want to be flamed this time, has GP32 port been dropped? last release I find on your website is based on scummvm 0.5.1.

Gandalfjip posted on Mar 21 2006 at 04:25 PM said:
how is going your emu djwillis?

I have no working GP2X at the moment and my mind has been on other things (like not getting made redundant and applying for my own job) so it's on a go slow. When I get some GP2X time it will be the 1st thing I get stuck into again :).

DJWillis posted on Mar 21 2006 at 07:49 PM said:
like not getting made redundant and applying for my own job

Sympathies. I know what that ones like. :(

This scummvm port was almost never, but from time to time, working for me.

then i figured out that running Whacky (you know that cool homebrew game?) before it made it ALWAYS work, so if someone has problems with starting it (if you dont even get to the menu, if it just black screens) too, try whacky!

That seems to be the case with many emulators for the 2X. Running something, like Clonekeen, before the actual program. I wish someone could figure out what causes it.

Just thought I would bump this old thread.

I now have a working GP2X again after several months :D :D and one of the 1st things I have been doing is working on running my newest ScummVM hacks on real hardware.

There are a few oddities I have to track down but time permitting I want to get a new beta out for the weekend with DXA video support (Feeble Files and BS1/2).

DJWillis posted on Aug 7 2006 at 05:17 PM said:
Just thought I would bump this old thread.

I now have a working GP2X again after several months :D :D and one of the 1st things I have been doing is working on running my newest ScummVM hacks on real hardware.

There are a few oddities I have to track down but time permitting I want to get a new beta out for the weekend with DXA video support (Feeble Files and BS1/2).

great news, i just ask for 1 thing, do save on bs1 working ;)

techFreak posted on Aug 8 2006 at 08:39 AM said:
Great DJWillis, I was waiting for this! What about adding a USB Mouse support. ;)

Already started but it could be a pain to get just right.

Do people really think it is worth adding USB mouse (and maybe keyboard) support?
I guess I can see it being good for using ScummVM on a TV but do people really do that?

Would you guys care to help me put together a sensible 'wish list' of features so that I don't keep adding useless crap ;).

DJWillis posted on Aug 10 2006 at 08:03 PM said:
techFreak posted on Aug 8 2006 at 08:39 AM said:
Great DJWillis, I was waiting for this! What about adding a USB Mouse support. ;)

Already started but it could be a pain to get just right.

Do people really think it is worth adding USB mouse (and maybe keyboard) support?
I guess I can see it being good for using ScummVM on a TV but do people really do that?

Would you guys care to help me put together a sensible 'wish list' of features so that I don't keep adding useless crap ;).
That wouldn't be useful for me.
I can't think what stuff I would find really useful.

USB Mouse & Keyboad would come in very handy for me! Would love to play the whole thing on my TV with mouse & keyboard, since i cant use my PC all the time (and there i prefer to play diablo 2 :rolleyes: )

Gandalfjip posted on Aug 14 2006 at 08:09 AM said:
any new about a new version?

See the thread in the general forum. Trying to fix some of the issues people have flagged up there before I do another release.

Back