Scummvm For The Gp2x - Test Builds

YakumoFuji posted on Oct 8 2006 at 12:41 AM said:
looking at the wiki you dont have the agi engine in the gp2x port?

I was told by the ScummVM team only to list compatability for engines that are enabled by default (AGI is not). I am still putting information in those pages anyway as I have notes all over the place.

It works well but is no use without a keyboard untill such time as the GBAGI auto verb code is in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a quick bump of this old thread.

I don't really want this build passed out too wide please as it is just a simple test build for one thing only ;). Feedback as soon as possible would be great :D.

Now the interesting bit, what do I want tested?

DXA cut scene videos, Broken Sword one and two specifically.

You can grab the DXA cut scene packs from the link below.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...lease_id=223573

You should just be able to extract them into your BS1 or 2 folders on the SD making sure you don’t have any MP2 files left over from the old pre-0.9.1 cutscene packs.

If these scenes work well enough I will enable support in the AGOS (Feeble Files) and other engines.

I don't expect the speed to be 1:1 just yet but let me know what you think.

The download is here, 0.10.0 SVN from today’s code base and the latest GP2X patches.

http://scummvm.distant-earth.com/scummvm/f...-2007-05-20.zip

looks good. I only quickly tested BS1... I didn't have any sound in the intro though. and as you mentioned it is still a tad slow.
I'm guessing these are full res videos packs and not reduced resolution for the GP2X's smaller screen?

PokeParadox said:
looks good. I only quickly tested BS1... I didn't have any sound in the intro though. and as you mentioned it is still a tad slow.
I'm guessing these are full res videos packs and not reduced resolution for the GP2X's smaller screen?
No audio, that's odd.

Yep, they are the full res DXA packs. Trying to get support for the normal ones going was better then making GP2X users construct there own DXA packs for what was it turns out a very small gain :(.

I'll do some more actual testing tomorrow with it. It was more a quick check. It might be one of those GP2X hiccups where things break temporarily for no reason what-so-ever. ;)

I think any support is better than no support at all, so it's a step in the right direction. Don't get demotivated!

Ok,

Just for the hell of it here is a build of my latest SVN+local code (untested as my GP2X's are at home).

http://scummvm.distant-earth.com/scummvm/f...-2007-07-11.zip

I will leave it up for a few hours, if people find it looks ok I will do a wider test release.

Broken Sword 1+2 and Touche (and COMI for that matter, esp. vids) should be quicker (in some cases potentially by quite a bit). I would love to know if the difference is noticeable as I have not had a chance to test any of these games really.

There are also speedups to a number of SCUMM games and that is about it off the top of my head, no changes to the controller setup and none of the new video modes are in this one so in that regard it is just like 0.10.0.

John

John,

FYI, ive played through DOTT, Atlantis, SAMnMAX on the official release version. I didnt find any problems with the games themselves.

I played through Maniac Mansion on an earlier release, so i would assume it still works fine.

Wow! The entire Elvira saga support caught me by surprise!! Great news!!
Elvira 1 and Waxworks are ones of my all-time favourites :D

Do you plan to improve them? (sound, mainly)

I think it could benefit from some kind of customizable keymapping ( ala Dosbox ) or better control layout (action buttons as direction arrows, stick as mouse pointer and L/R as Right Click/Left Click)

Aside from that, they run flawless! :)
Thank you very much!

By the way, Will Scummvm team add support for Infogrames adventures? ( Shadow of the Comet, Eternam...)

Khan said:
Wow! The entire Elvira saga support caught me by surprise!! Great news!!
Elvira 1 and Waxworks are ones of my all-time favourites :D

Do you plan to improve them? (sound, mainly)
I don't but other members of the team are actively working on them :D.

Khan said:
I think it could benefit from some kind of customizable keymapping ( ala Dosbox ) or better control layout (action buttons as direction arrows, stick as mouse pointer and L/R as Right Click/Left Click)
Not sure you will ever get quite what you’re looking for (well not without sacrificing a lot of existing functionality that is mapped to various keys) but some sort of key remapping (dynamic or otherwise) is something I am actively working on. Its just that striking a balance is not the easiest thing to get right ;).

Khan said:
Aside from that, they run flawless! :)
Thank you very much!

By the way, Will Scummvm team add support for Infogrames adventures? ( Shadow of the Comet, Eternam...)
Thanks :), there are no plans to add support for games such as Shadow of the Comet but there would be nothing to stop somebody working on an engine for those games its just there is nobody interested in doing it at the moment.

Reporting: Curse of Monkey Island is slower in this release (cursor movement) but, as you stated, vids are quicker (no sync problems :) )

Mmmm... I wonder if it´s possible to speed up this game (and making texts readable) using the 2nd core for downscaling

Back