Should I have received my final order eMail already?

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
When i put in the HDMI Cable whyle the Debian Runs, the Screen gets black and nothing happens,
when i put it in bevore Booting, i see Stuff on the TV, so its boots but it ends on a "Prompt" (Eingabeaufforderung)
If whe only need to disabble tiler per Terminal, it would be quite easy as you just have to push a Arrow Key to scroll to the right commando..

Palmiga

@EvilDragon Could you please update the progress in the first post here? Where are you now? Still produce the PrePreorders or allready the Preorder?
Please keep us up to date on a regular basis.

ClockworkCoder

Chaotic Neutral
@EvilDragon Could you please update the progress in the first post here? Where are you now? Still produce the PrePreorders or allready the Preorder?
Please keep us up to date on a regular basis.
It was updated only a week ago(?), although I think most people won't notice as there's no notification that it's been updated, and changes are not obvious.

tarator

Very Active Member
Might be a good idea to add the last changes date to the post. I'll do that in the future.
Are there any news I've missed? 42 pages are a lot to fly over...
Does anybody know what's the latest order-number of shipped Pyra's?

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
I believe the last reported number to have been sent out is 200. Shortly according to the OP, ED should be posting a date before which all the emails have been sent to the orderers starting the delivery process, but the are another 400 or so pre-orders made on the first day, so that'll take a while before that ticks over, if he simply posts a date and not a time as well.

Reactions: rSl

Asaggynoodle

Is it drawing any concern that there is about a ~20% turnover rate on people not following through on preorders? Any idea what will be done with these units?
Perhaps after 12 months these get sold in the shop as signed special editions? I'd gladly take Serial #1 if after 12 months the preorder has not been completed. ;)

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
I'll just say that I as I think the first person on that list of unfulfulled preorders is just because it turns out I've already paid all I need to in the state of shop vouchers so turning that into an actual retail unit just yet feels rather esoteric.

pyrat

Is it drawing any concern that there is about a ~20% turnover rate on people not following through on preorders? Any idea what will be done with these units?
Perhaps after 12 months these get sold in the shop as signed special editions? I'd gladly take Serial #1 if after 12 months the preorder has not been completed. ;)
I was thinking those units just didn't get made. I think one can change the model they want just before the final payment and order, so once the order is firm, it'd make sense to build the Pyra, but not before.
But I have no idea how it really works.
I'll just say that I as I think the first person on that list of unfulfulled preorders is just because it turns out I've already paid all I need to in the state of shop vouchers so turning that into an actual retail unit just yet feels rather esoteric.
Sorry. I don't understand what you mean. You want a more mature hardware ? Or you want to go fetch it in person to avoid customs ? or what is esoteric about ordering what you have already paid ?

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
Sorry. I don't understand what you mean. You want a more mature hardware ? Or you want to go fetch it in person to avoid customs ? or what is esoteric about ordering what you have already paid ?
Well I also have no idea how it works, but I'm not anticipating to get a later unit by waiting. I just don't know.

However the act of completing a order normally has two outcomes, one is that you will after a delay recieve your pyra, and the other is that ED will receive funds for it. I my case, it turns out I've already paid for it less VAT which I'll have to pay on receipt anyway, so ED won't receive any more money from me, and in practical terms I have no particular use for my Pyra at present. To an extent the software will get better with time, so there's at least that benefit in waiting, and if ED has built up the units and has them standing on a shelf somewhere, ordering it will free up a little space there too.

Last edited: