Silk Screen Poll

what model of the silk screen do you like more?

• Total voters

I'm suprised nobody has mention this but it should have HAPPY CHRISTMAS EDITION next to the Pandora logo since it'll be finished for then "crosses fingers n toes" To be really honest I couldn't give a jingle bells what was silk screened on the case, I just want the dam thing finished and in my hands quicker than you can say roast my chestnuts. I just love this site!!! :rolleyes: :D :blink: :p

I vote the "1", but I also vote that future Pandoras shouldn't have a number. Why distinguish the second batch from the third?

Sitwon said:
I just think the logo with the 1 on top is ugly. If there was some other logo that didn't look so bad I wouldn't mind removing the text.

Edit: What about the Pandora logo inscribed inside a star or a heart?

MWeston did say that his logo was a rough mockup with Microsoft Paint. I can make a better one :/

Edit:

naw(mcx)/TJ posted:

654sjc.jpg

just because MWeston posted his mockup and it didn't look good doesn't mean it's a bad idea :p

Last edited by a moderator:
The Pandora logo with a "1" on top of it is multi-interpretative and ambiguous. "<something> Edition" is just banal, please don't implement this idea. "First Batch" is self-explanatory and gracious, IMHO, and kind of a testament to the whole struggle. The argument that it shouldn't contain English language because not everyone is English or can understand it is stupid. Sorry, but that's what it is.

If you want subtlety, then discard the "1" altogether. Create a slightly more ornamental version of the logo, add dimensions or details into it, or have it printed in different colour (green or I'm canceling).

How about "2 Months Later..." or "Hellolol" (or was it "hellol") or even "First Edition"

First batch just doesn't seem right.
And maybe in Gold letters instead of the plain white?

I kinda like the logo with the 1 incorporated idea, but i think it takes away from the Pandora Logo. If I were to add a suggestion that mattered it would be to add a logo beside the Pandora Logo that incorporated a "1" in it, something simple like a circle with a "1" inside or something to that effect. I like the notifier by the serial number idea too.

I think it should be kept white white in color because it would be such a pain to switch colors when trying to silk screen 4000 Pandora's (unless there's another silk screening machine but that just adds another step to the manufacturing process and makes us wait longer)

Cool idea to make a poll, I was surprised when I saw the results.

edit: I forgot to ask why the Bluetooth logo wasn't used, just "BT"? Just a quick mockup maybe?

HackModford said:
How about "2 Months Later..." or "Hellolol" (or was it "hellol") or even "First Edition"

First batch just doesn't seem right.
And maybe in Gold letters instead of the plain white?
hellolo

Really, sorry if not everyone speaks english, but how would you make more people understand that it is a first batcher instead of a Pandora 1 or any other ideas with a one over it. (im really thinking into writting that in chinese so more people understands it but hey again, not everyone speaks chinese and now the plus is that less people interested on the panda (pandora to avoid jokes on this) speaks chinese).

if you came up with a really good picture that can only be thinked as a "first Batcher" somethin hard and near impossible (nor even international safety signs are all that good)if you did i would vote for it.

DroneB Dev said:
Really, sorry if not everyone speaks english, but how would you make more people understand that it is a first batcher instead of a Pandora 1 or any other ideas with a one over it. (im really thinking into writting that in chinese so more people understands it but hey again, not everyone speaks chinese and now the plus is that less people interested on the panda (pandora to avoid jokes on this) speaks chinese).

if you came up with a really good picture that can only be thinked as a "first Batcher" somethin hard and near impossible (nor even international safety signs are all that good)if you did i would vote for it.
Pandora comes with stamp "I BOUGHT A FIRST BATCH PANDORA" in 5 languages, with directions to apply to forehead, also stamp on ass, just in case enough innocent bystanders didn't understand.

Sphinxter said:
Not to disparage or discount the distraction value of this but did anyone find out definitively if we can actually paint 4000 different than the rest of a run?
I don't see why it would be a problem. The silk screening is relatively quick and cheap compared to molding the plastic.
Of course, changing the color adds another step and would likely double the cost.

I think I could agree with the unadultured Pandora logo with a 1 beside it instead of on top.

Sphinxter said:
Not to disparage or discount the distraction value of this but did anyone find out definitively if we can actually paint 4000 different than the rest of a run?
actually i dont even think we can silkscreen the hinge or the front panel, (more info on my post on the other thread)
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50155-pics-from-mweston-silk-screen-design/page__st__120

edit: added link

skater_j10 said:
I forgot to ask why the Bluetooth logo wasn't used, just "BT"? Just a quick mockup maybe?

I vaguely remember there being a problem using the Bluetooth logo, due to licensing.

edit: or maybe it was the sd logo?

DroneB Dev said:
actually i dont even think we can silkscreen the hinge or the front panel, (more info on my post on the other thread)
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50155-pics-from-mweston-silk-screen-design/page__st__120
That would be a little disappointing.

Sitwon said:
DroneB Dev said:
That would be a little disappointing.
i doubt they would be showing all of us these designs only to tell us later that we cant silk screen them ;)

...or would they?

I really like Kagato's post from the other thread. Crosslinking it here

arrrgh said:
Why does it matter so much to have FIRST BATCH or whatever silkscreened onto the Pandora?
It is a generous tip of the hat to all of the preorders that stuck with the team from the beginning, and I think it is very gracious of them to do so.

arrrgh said:
Why does it matter so much to have FIRST BATCH or whatever silkscreened onto the Pandora?
because as an official "special" for those first batchers, it can get a extra value for collectors

Back