Single Nub Units Again

mine is on its way - i think if you haven't heard by now, you've probably missed the boat unfortunately - i was lucky enough to catch the post early.

i was initially hesitant, and almost went for a one-nubber before - but knowing the left nub will work is the main thing for me (for psx and n64), so i'll be happy, and i dare say i will end up buying a batch 2 one later anyways to share with the fam :)

i am also looking forward to tv out and the possibility of being able to use wireless ps3 controllers should a way be found to do that.

cheers, simon

centrlink said:
mine is on its way

What?

Have yours shipped already? I received a mail from Jacqueline saying mine would ship next week...

What shipping option did you choose?

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently mine shipped last Friday. I was supposed to be getting a tracking number but no sign of it yet.

[edit] Got my tracking number. And ordered a second batcher too >.<

Gruso said:
Generally they're snapped up by existing preorderers, so money doesn't change hands - you just jump the queue. Craig sold a previous batch of one-nubbers (or were they no-nubbers?) on ebay at a reduced price, but I don't think there are any left from this lot.

Reduced cost? Last I checked, they were at an increased cost, in order to get money to fund the project.

These are the ones I was thinking of:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54711-7-dead-nub-units-to-go

Dead nub units (ie. two dodgy nubs) for £150.

I don't think they've sold any at increased cost, apart from the batch 2 price increase of course.

Gruso said:
These are the ones I was thinking of:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54711-7-dead-nub-units-to-go

Dead nub units (ie. two dodgy nubs) for £150.

I don't think they've sold any at increased cost, apart from the batch 2 price increase of course.
OPL sold 5 single nub units on ebay.. They were @ £330 AFAIR :)

Gruso said:
Apparently mine shipped last Friday. I was supposed to be getting a tracking number but no sign of it yet.

[edit] Got my tracking number. And ordered a second batcher too >.<

Really? What shipping method did you choose?

I did choose UPS but no shipping confirmation as of today... :(

for those that got this e-mail:
We've put you down for a one nub unit, we're just waiting to get some more in stock. As soon as your order has been dispatched you'll receive a confirmation e-mail.

who has gotten a shipping confirmation?

Should get one anytime soon

ZXC3CD said:
We've put you down for a one nub unit, we're just waiting to get some more in stock. As soon as your order has been dispatched you'll receive a confirmation e-mail.

Got that email 6 days ago, still waiting for any word on when they are expected to be in stock. Not really on edge though, since I would otherwise be waiting til sometime in October for Batch 2 to get underway.

ZXC3CD said:

Well, the first mail I received was:

I have changed your order to a one nub console and it will be despatched this week. We will email you on the day it is shipped.

Then I got this one:

Just to let you know that your order will be despatched next week and we will email you on the day it is shipped.

Sorry for the delay.

I think the mail you got means it will take quite a while until they manage to build more one nubbers.

I thought this one-nub deal was for the ten remaining units they had left, and that all the future units would have better tested nubs such that none would be defective. So are they expecting some of the upcoming batch to be defective, and we're on the waiting list for those? Or are they simply waiting for parts (case, LCD, etc) so that they can put one of the one-nub boards into a Pandora?

Aurekana said:
I thought this one-nub deal was for the ten remaining units they had left, and that all the future units would have better tested nubs such that none would be defective. So are they expecting some of the upcoming batch to be defective, and we're on the waiting list for those? Or are they simply waiting for parts (case, LCD, etc) so that they can put one of the one-nub boards into a Pandora?

I don't know for sure, AFAIR this units were also not supossed to be created, but it seems that they still have some spare components that after careful testing may result in even more one nubbers.

They should have enough components to build up to the first 1,000 from which they have only released about 700 fully working units plus some one nubbers. That would mean they still have circa 300 more cases, LCDs etc.

Bear in mind also that many of this so called one-nubbers seemed to be fully working after shipping. These last 10 are supossed to have an iffy right nub. I think this shows their quality control is very strict.

Sorry that we were slow to ship these, there was a ton of admin work to do at the end of last week (and it had to be done then as it had to be sent off).

Don't worry they will all be on their way this week. I think they will be the end of the single nub units, but there are some dual failed nub units left on my desk, but we might just harvest those for parts.

so us that got the email saying that it would.be sent out soon will see an email wth the tracking number soon. sweet

craigix said:
Sorry that we were slow to ship these, there was a ton of admin work to do at the end of last week (and it had to be done then as it had to be sent off).

Don't worry they will all be on their way this week. I think they will be the end of the single nub units, but there are some dual failed nub units left on my desk, but we might just harvest those for parts.
Thanks for this update, helps greatly :)

Back