Slackware for Pandora 14.0

Hey thx for the Help,i am trying Ptisebts precompiled lxdream on Slackware.

All seems to work but an starting Error:

A00000000 Error GLX not supported on Display
A00000000 Error Unable to initialize GLX,aborting

Copied also the Bios on the right Place.

I think we are near to get this Software to run.

My idea is to search a Configfile and Change starting Resolution.

What mean you ? ^_^

Edit: Under Pandora OS and Codeblocks PND same GLX Error.

Edit Edit: A good Idea to Compile the actual Mesa git?

Last edited by a moderator:
There should be mesa in slack and code::blocks, so no need to compile anything.

This error comes from somewhere else most likely.

I have tried to install Slackware, my basic set up is as follows:

1. Set up SD card like:

[ 4MB ] Empty parition

[ 7680 MB ] SLACK (EXT2)

[ 512 MB ] linux-swap (EXT2)

[ Rest of 16 GB card ] FAT32

2. Extracted SL4p-14.0-6.tar.bz2 onto /media/SLACK using 

sudo tar jxvfp SL4p-14.0-6.tar.bz2 -C /media/SLACK/ --numeric-owner

3. Rebooted, holding down R1, selecting boot from SD1

- Updater runs, calculates checksum for 10 seconds or so then says:

- Formatting..

- done.

- Writing rootfs, please wait. This may take up to 15 minutes...

- If then prompt to press enter to power off

4. When it reboots I boot again from SD1, but it just repeats [3] again and again (I have done it 4 times in a row).

I have to confess to having close to zero knowledge about Linux. I thought I'd give Slackware a go out of interest. Maybe someone can advise what I am doing wrong?

You don't have to press R at boot. Just untar and boot.

The "Updater runs, calculates checksum for 10 seconds or so then says:" isn't related to Slackware in any way.

I just rebooted (with SD in) but without pressing R at boot, it then boots into XFCE4, if I then go into the terminal and type:

uname -a

OR

cat /etc/issue I do not get told I am running Slackware, I get told I am running Angstrom. I am not really sure what to do now?

What is the brand/model of your SD card.

Is it supposed to support Ext2 ?

Btw, swap partitions are not ext2-formatted, but swap formatted.

When I run GParted, and select the SD in question, I see:

unallocated unallocated 4.00 MiB
/dev/mmcblk0p2 ext2 /media/SLACK SLACK 7.50 GiB
/dev/mmcblk0p3 linux-swap 512.00 MiB
/dev/mmcblk0p1 fat32 /media/mmcblk0p1 7.24 GiB 
Which seems to indicate the /media/SLACK (which I extracted to) maps to /dev/mmcblk0p2 however when I cat /media/SLACK/autoboot.txt it has

setenv bootargs root=/dev/mmcblk0p0 ro rootwait vram=6272K omapfb.vram=0:3000K mmc_core.removable=0

Which seems to point mmcblk0p0 instead of mmcblk0p2 however I just tried changing it to p2 and rebooted but nothing changed.

The SD card is a Samsung 16 GB, I believe it is this one http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/memory-cards-hdd-odd/memory-cards-accessories/sd-plus-accessories/MB-SPAG036?subsubtype=sd-plus-accessories

I am on freenode now on #openpandora if you happen to need to talk real time in next few minutes.

The problem is simple:

/dev/mmcblk0p2 ext2 /media/SLACK SLACK 7.50 GiB
/dev/mmcblk0p3 linux-swap 512.00 MiB
/dev/mmcblk0p1 fat32 /media/mmcblk0p1 7.24 GiB

SLACK is not /dev/mmcblk0p1 .

Okay, I'll see if I can find a way to change this, is it something I can change with GParted do you know? (Looking through the menus in there now for an option to swap the fat32/ext2 around).

Yes that fixed it, I am now logged into Slackware on the Pandora, amazing! To fix the partitions being set up wrong I did:

sudo sfdisk -d /dev/mmcblk0 > /tmp/PT.txt
I then opened /tmp/PT.txt in vim, swapped a couple of rows around and fixed up the partitions to end up with mmcblk0p1 being the SLACK partition. Then:

sudo sfdisk --no-reread -f /dev/mmcblk0 -O /tmp/PT.save < /tmp/PT.txt

And hey presto everything works.

EDIT: For what it is worth, KAMI RETRO runs fine under Slackware too (just tested it).

Last edited by a moderator:
Report: :)
I finished to compile the newest stable GTK3,but have that GLX Error anyway on Slackware.
Newest Mesa do not Compile because missing LibDRM Intel Files.

And a surprise...
...i found on sourceforge the original full Game Crazy Taxi for Windows??
I dont renember that its Freeware and Wikipedia says nothing about Freeware releasing this Game.
When its realy Freeware,can we maybe make a Pandora Port :)

I just installed SL4P 14.0-6 and it runs pretty well. However, there's one catch: The sound is very quiet. The internal speakers can barely be heard and what comes out of the audio jack is about half as loud as I'd expect it.

I already tried playing with alsamixer but the only thing that had any effect on the cound volume is the Master slider, which started off maxed. (And that renders the usual advice found on Google void.)

A cursory search of this thread didn't reveal anything related to ALSA or sound. Has anyone encountered this? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Good news,i had got running wine with a older Qemu Version on Slackware.
Its early alpha and what i got run is Notepad.exe and Sndrec32.exe.
Simple X86 Software work on Slackware with Qemu Userspace Emulation.
I deleted all because all very Dirty and try to build newer Versions based on what i learned ;)
Wow what a thinking:
Wine X86 on the Pandora Slackware ;)

I will report if i had any News more about this :D

Had it got work with Qemu 0.14 and wine 0.98

I notice the existence of a GL (not ES) dynamic library as part of the Slackware distribution (at least I think I do!). What is this file? Is it a software version? The reason I ask is I am running an application which is going very slowly, and it is using this GL library at runtime. Before attempting to make the application instead use GLES I wanted to just double check my facts.

Back