Slackware for Pandora 14.0

You speak of mesa ? Yes, i think it's GL.

I also ship the GLES libs somewhere in /usr/lib, and also the binaries in /usr/bin .

Hi have you solved that GKSU Problem?

I want to use your newest Slackware Build as Basr for my Qemu/Wine Experiments.

The newer GCC should compile Things little better :)

I went through this thread and didn't see what I'm about to post. It's late here and I'm sorry if I missed it.

If you want sudo to work like we're all familiar with. Like a real super-user instead of adding each and every command you want to run to /etc/sudoers do the following. What this does is make it so users of group Wheel can execute any command and then adds yourself to the Wheel group. I've used this and haven't had any side effects. gksudo/ksudo prompts work as expected and I can run commands as sudo from the terminal. Additionally shell scripts that expect normal sudo behavior (like ~/winboot/prep.sh  ;)  ) work without tweaking. Eliminates the needs to "su -".

in a terminal:

su -
visudo

Messing around in visudo is risky business because you can foul up your ability to do SuperUser work if you mess up. If you make a mistake type Qq [Enter] to quit without saving changes. (That's Shift+q q [Enter])

Un-comment the line: (backspace the #)

# wheel ALL=(All) All
so it looks like:

wheel ALL=(All) All
save and exit by typing Qwq and press [Enter].  (That's a shift+q to bring up command mode and wq to write and quit.)

back in terminal: (Subsitiute your username for [user].)

gpasswd -a [user] wheel
log out and log back in.

Happy sudo-ing.  :D

Thanks for this howto.

Did you checked that the pandora scripts (enable wifi etc.) still work ?

I'll put it in the wiki.

I tried it with the Slackware14stable release with:

Sudo -

Visudo

Found the explained line but the Backspace Key do not work here,can you give ne a Tip?

Try again, and make sure it's su - and not sudo. It may have been in read only mode because you as a plain user do not have permission to edit with visudo.

Sent from my SCH-R530X using Tapatalk 2

Problem Report: Crashing applications when copying files.

When I copy or untar large volumes of files either using the command line or graphical tools the system becomes unstable. Applications that are open will suddenly close and panel applets like the battery monitor will crash. Often times the window containing the copy or untar operation will crash before the operation is complete.

It's almost as though the OS is becoming memory starved, but htop doesn't show a spike in memory. If I had to guess I'd say it has to do with SDIO getting overrun and not giving enough time for other programs to perform read/write operations and the applications crashing from the unexpected timeout. Doesn't explain why a single terminal window would kill itself when untarring a file though.

Experiemented with two different cards and the same bahavior does not occur when using SuperZaxxon 1.54. 

I'm sure processes dying during read/writes are super bad for EXT2 as well.

1. I'm currently on the stable release, but it happened on 14.0-5 as well I haven't tried 14.0-8.

2. I tried several different archives/copies ranging from 50 MB up to a 1GB. The larger the transfer the higher the chance things will go crazy.

3. I thought it was a RAM thing too. So I checked htop before and during a transfer and RAM usage remained relatively low. I had swap turned on for all transfers though, so it might be that.

From both slot 1 to slot 1 and slot 2 to slot 1. I can't guarantee I've tried slot 1 to slot 2.

Sent from my M7WLS using Tapatalk 2

Not sure if this has been fixed in -current, but in 14.0 I found a bug in /init.d/pndnotifyd.

line 22 is:

$PNDNOTIFY -d
 the varible is undefined on my system, so pndnotifyd fails to run. I changed the line to:

/usr/bin/pndnotifyd -dand now init.d takes care of the pndnotifyd daemon for me.I don't know where else the undefined variable $PNDNOTIFY might be being used so you might want to look into defining it somewhere.

Looks like a bug in the Pandora libraries, but as it seems i compile it differently for Slack, this file is not included in Zaxxon.

I will report, thanks.

Ok, thanks for taking the time to report. I'll look into it.
RE: File copy issues.

Verified still exists in 14.0-8.

The behavior does not happen with the same card performing the exact same operation using SuperZaxxon.

My guess is that with the OS running the file copy/extract process is blocking the OS from writing to the card and important things are timing out.

It might be nice to know if anyone else is able to reproduce this behavior on their Pandora.

I can confirm the file transfer problem in 14.0-8 on my Pandora.  I have the exact same issue.  I have tried it from slot 2 to slot 1, from USB to slot 1, and USB to slot 2.  Files start to transfer, then the file transfer window closes, and the transfer stops.  The sizes were quite large 800MB and 1.9GB.

I have not tried transferring files over network yet.

This issue does not appear in Zaxxon 1.55.

Ok, thanks for confirming.

I've just restarted some work on SL4P-current, so i'll check this.

Back