Slackware inside Pandora.

Hey, Linux-SWAT, drop some screenshots from SLAX on OP.

BTW. Thanks for Your work..

It's ARMedslack, the official Slackware port on ARM, not slax ;^)

A little surprise beginning at shot 12.

snapshot1.png

snapshot2.png

snapshot3.png

snapshot4.png

snapshot5.png

snapshot6.png

snapshot7.png

snapshot8.png

snapshot9.png

snapshot10.png

snapshot11.png

snapshot12.png

snapshot13.png

snapshot14.png

snapshot15.png

snapshot16.png

snapshot17.png

snapshot18.png

snapshot19.png

Nice :) Performs fine?

Setting up libpnd so you can run pnd-applications should be pretty easy; it uses no magic beyond a couple non-custom kernel modules, but kernel you're already on top of so hopefully all good.

If you get a good working image, post up an image (something to untar/zip onto SD) and some instructions, I'm sure folks would love to see it!

Got wifi working?

jeff

It's ARMV4t optimized, so may be a little slower. I can't clearly see a difference.

Yup, though of libpnd.

On non-wifi OP right now. Realtek dongle seems to work perfectly, but have no way to test now. Using Wicd network manager

Also, may have to tweak udev-related stuff for firmware loading, my Ralink search the firmware although i have the same kernel/firmware/modules setup than my OP's OS.

Tried to upload my old non-X armedslack rootfs version some days ago, but my provider's ftp cuts long uploads, and can't resume :/.

Have another solution, but can't right use it right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you need webspace for such a project, just give me a call!

I'd be happy to have websites with different Linux rootfs out there :)

Tried again to upload, but same result.

Well, ok for you nice proposition.

The graphical part is not usable (yet) without a mouse, but for a server, it's 100% operational.

As i said in the wiki, Slackware releases are maintained for over 10 years, so even if the 12.2 is "old", it's stable and secure.

I also installed programs using sbopkg, the package builder, so there's plenty of apps waiting to be automagically compiled^^.

Playing around, i don't know how to fix the reversed touchscreen. X and Y axis are reversed. It occurs both in pure terminal, using gpm, and under X.

No way. Installed tslib properly, set environment variables, calibration tools works fine, test tools works fine, but the touchscreen is reverted in both console and X.

Tried to setup via xorg.conf or hal, i failed :/ .

EDIT :

Worked with hal and this thread :

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1460948

But i am really not sure that's the best solution.

No way. Installed tslib properly, set environment variables, calibration tools works fine, test tools works fine, but the touchscreen is reverted in both console and X.

Tried to setup via xorg.conf or hal, i failed :/ .

Have you tried calibrating it in reverse? I used to do that on my DS touchscreen to amuse myself. (what can i say... small things amuse small minds) When asked to touch a given point on the screen I would touch the opposite one, and I could use this method to flip the calibration horizontally, vertically or both.

- Neelix

Yup tried this but although the values are well-written in /etc/ts.conf , it doesn't work.

This thread makes me happy on general principle. Slackware makes me happy :)

Also: You know you're old when you get a nostalgic feeling from a TWM screenie :D

I would love to show more, this touchscreen is getting me mad.

I don't know if OP firmware uses a custom TSLIB.

Was 3.2.

Was happy to compile it successfully.

Do you think it's a good idea to recompile your SDL ?

Manually launched Picodrive. I see game menu, but there's no display when running a game :/.

Back