So Umm Where Do Buy This

Status
Not open for further replies.

1magus

:huh: lol usualy at this point, websites have pre-orders or even talks of the new device comming out so I was just wondering what is the site all of you are using mainly to order the first batch :huh:

quadomatic said:
lol uhh but the device hasn't finished development so they're not doing preorders yet maybe you should read the faq http://pandorawiki.org/FAQ look at me whats a punctuation mark weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

It says on Openpandora that they will ship in August :p

atomicthumbs said:
you do buy this at ummm probably http://openpandora.org or http://gbax.com

Well obviously from openpandora but there is no STORE section yet : :lol: also the other website is a fake or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no store section because preorders have not yet started. Sign up for the mailing list to get an announcement when they do open up.

Also, it looks like somebody forgot to renew his domain name subscription :p You can also get to Craigix's store at gp2x.co.uk

Orders can be taken through me, I garentee yesterday shipment which is faster then next since you get it yesterday. Price is $6000. Any takers?

I don't know how or where to buy it - but once you figure that out, please let me know. M'kay? thanks. bye.

Oopsie.. gbax.com domain expired.. Hmm! There might be another site in the making of orders, maybe.

Noisome

TylerAW said:
quadomatic said:
lol uhh but the device hasn't finished development so they're not doing preorders yet maybe you should read the faq http://pandorawiki.org/FAQ look at me whats a punctuation mark weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

It says on Openpandora that they will ship in August :p

atomicthumbs said:
you do buy this at ummm probably http://openpandora.org or http://gbax.com

Well obviously from openpandora but there is no STORE section yet : :lol: also the other website is a fake or something.

Yeah, GBAX is now gp2x.co.uk (right?)

And, this is important - the august ship date was just an estimate. The ESTIMATE, and this is ONLY an estimate, is that pre-orders will be sometime this month and they will ship next month. craigix and all others want to make sure that everything is peachy and all issues are worked out before they start pre-orders.

They said the lead time on getting parts is any where 4 - 10 weeks. So I'd like to think that they are already getting parts to make it this month or not long after.

ashdjones said:
Will there be a deposit? If so, how much?
I'm pretty sure you have to pay for the whole thing for the pre-order.

I had asked this in a thread, and craigix said that once your payment is done they'll put you on the list for Pandoras to be shipped out. I assume he meant that you pay for the whole thing.

This probably helps with speed and management of orders, since they can just ship, instead of waiting for you to come around for the completed payment and what not.

Better questions are: where is it manufactured and where is it delivered (first)?

Will it be delivered in the US?
and in Europe?
What about Asia?

quadomatic said:
ashdjones said:
Will there be a deposit? If so, how much?
I'm pretty sure you have to pay for the whole thing for the pre-order.

I had asked this in a thread, and craigix said that once your payment is done they'll put you on the list for Pandoras to be shipped out. I assume he meant that you pay for the whole thing.

This probably helps with speed and management of orders, since they can just ship, instead of waiting for you to come around for the completed payment and what not.

Yes, but giving the entire amount of money rings alarm bells. Surely if you pay the full amount, you are actually 'ordering'.

Messy said:
Better questions are: where is it manufactured
From what the OGIC have said - (OGIC = Official Guys In Charge - god, I really wish they'd announce the company's damn name already so I can stop making up stupid things to call them) - it's being put together in China, iirc. I know it's an Asian country, but I'm pretty sure it's China, and I'm too lazy to search, and since apparently you are as well, take my word for it.QUOTE
...and where is it delivered (first)?
Will it be delivered in the US?
and in Europe?
What about Asia?
Simultaneous worldwide release on a first-come, first-serve basis. The timing of this release is currently unknown (according to the OGIC, even to them). But I expect they will start taking preorders about a month after our Sun goes Supernova - which will be in August, I don't know what century - but it will be in August.

EDIT: *can't spell*

Chip said:
There is no store section because preorders have not yet started. Sign up for the mailing list to get an announcement when they do open up.

Also, it looks like somebody forgot to renew his domain name subscription :p You can also get to Craigix's store at gp2x.co.uk

What's the deal with that site? When I go there, I get this:

It's been fun, but the GP2X is no longer manufactured - It's time to prepare for the Pandora handheld - The most powerful handheld in the world.

I'm surprised GPH is allowing their trademark to be used to sell pandoras. I guess that is just a perk of doing business with a company that doesn't speak your language. :rolleyes:

tmcnair said:
I'm surprised GPH is allowing their trademark to be used to sell pandoras. I guess that is just a perk of doing business with a company that doesn't speak your language. :rolleyes:
Um, no - ever since Sarah Michelle Gellar's first acting gig, where she in a nationally televised commerical compared - by name - McDonald's and Burger King - the practice of saying "We're better than Brand X" or "We're better than 'the Leading Brand'" - can and has been replaced, in many cases with things like "Quino's sandwiches have MORE MEAT than Subway's foot long." So using someone's else's "trademark" to promote your competing product is pretty common - in so long as you don't claim to own the trademark yourself, and give proper credit to who does. "Subway and the Subway logo are copyrighted by the Subway Corporation" or something like that.

Add to that the fact that you can't buy the GP2X new anymore - and that GPH has gone on record numerous times as saying the GP2X is no longer in production - what motivation would they have to fight what Craig is doing, even if they could?

Chip said:

Bloody hell, I've been trying to sort this out today, I didn't even get an email about it!

chad78 said:
tmcnair said:
Um, no - ever since Sarah Michelle Gellar's first acting gig, where she in a nationally televised commerical compared - by name - McDonald's and Burger King - the practice of saying "We're better than Brand X" or "We're better than 'the Leading Brand'" - can and has been replaced, in many cases with things like "Quino's sandwiches have MORE MEAT than Subway's foot long." So using someone's else's "trademark" to promote your competing product is pretty common - in so long as you don't claim to own the trademark yourself, and give proper credit to who does. "Subway and the Subway logo are copyrighted by the Subway Corporation" or something like that.
That analogy doesn't even come close to being an apt comparison. Analogies suck in general but to speak in your language - this is more similar to Microsoft registering a site called ipod.com and using it to sell Zunes. Actually that would not even be as bad because at least in that case there would be no brand confusion - everyone knows who Microsoft and Apple are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back