Some More Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would suggest someone on the other side of the pond actually.

With most mods being in the UK and europe the boards are mostly unmoderated during the times when us Yanks are on due to the time difference.

DaveC said:
I would suggest someone on the other side of the pond actually.

With most mods being in the UK and europe the boards are mostly unmoderated during the times when us Yanks are on due to the time difference.
Yes, but I think we're interested in a moderator for the Wiz section here. It's nice that you'd like some round-the-clock moderation for the whole boards, but shouldn't we just get all of the sections covered first?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
the news approval problem (delay) bugs me so :angry: , that i would personally volunteer to become a mod :p

I second this vote. Also Pickle is in the US so that solves the above issue. What with Chip disappearing and Trooper heading off to beat his problem, we could probably do with a couple of mods if truth be told (2 to 3 per console?).

Nova said:
I second this vote. Also Pickle is in the US so that solves the above issue. What with Chip disappearing and Trooper heading off to beat his problem, we could probably do with a couple of mods if truth be told (2 to 3 per console?).
Yes, sounds good. I'll also suggest Orkie, but he hasn't been very active recently and I don't even know if he wants the position.
So here's what we have so far:
- Pickle
- Orkie?
- Nova
- Peter R

Pick a few, ED :) .

quote said:
Nova said:
Yes, sounds good. I'll also suggest Orkie, but he hasn't been very active recently and I don't even know if he wants the position.
So here's what we have so far:
- Pickle
- Orkie?
- Nova
- Peter R

Pick a few, ED :) .
Orkie?

Surely you jest. He has flamed many of us on these boards for no good reason other than he is in a bad mood. He gets aggressive to members for no good reason, I am truly surprised he was mentioned here. Even I would be a better choice. Him with the power to ban would be a very bad thing (unless the object would be to thin out the boards). There are many more and better choices.

Peter R said:
Thank you very much to everyone who has nominated me. I really appreciate the recommendation :) .

+1 to that.

DaveC said:
He has flamed many of us on these boards for no good reason other than he is in a bad mood.
Nah, only people who are knobs and it is quite rare at that. You seem to have no problem dishing out criticism, you just can't take it! You have a vested interest in being vocal about who gets power here, because you can't write complaint letters to Hando any more and get people de-modded (vimacs) if you get banned for a week after making death threats. It's really quite simple: if you're an arsehole to me, I'm not going to go out of my way to be nice back!

Like I'd want to be a mod on here anyway, I'd feel quite dirty to be associated in such a way with the place ;). And we all thought it couldn't get much worse back in 2006 when dear old DaveC here was the most obnoxious person around...

The sentiment is however appreciated quote.

Well, reading now.
The list of people seems fine for me - but do they all WANT to be mods?
And we need to discuss this in the internal area then, too :)

EvilDragon said:
The list of people seems fine for me - but do they all WANT to be mods?
Well Peter R, Pickle and I all put ourselves forward. Nova was suggested and has expressed an interest.

Maybe you should discuss it further and nominate one candidate. Being a MOD is not easy, you will be confronted with hard decisions all the time and if your personality is not really ripe for the job, you might overdo it and make things worse. The WIZ section is not that active and doesn't warrant more than one additional MOD right now, imo.

As I think I mentioned else where, the areas of the board I check frequently these days are really only the Wiz section and Off Topic. If I was made a moderator I probably wouldn't easily notice any unreported stuff elsewhere for that reason.

Edit: Just thought I'd post this to help people make the best decision for the board :).

Peter R said:
As I think I mentioned else where, the areas of the board I check frequently these days are really only the Wiz section and Off Topic. If I was made a moderator I probably wouldn't easily notice any unreported stuff elsewhere for that reason.

Edit: Just thought I'd post this to help people make the best decision for the board :) .

That's irrelevant, since the Wiz section is the one that desperately needs mod presence. It's the same with me too, though when Pandora orders open back up, I might consider it again.

And Mali, no the Wiz section is not very busy, but we will need a Caanoo section soon and I can imagine some heavy traffic there. There must be 3 or 4 mods who regularly read the Pandora section, and there's only a few hundred people who own them as of now, right?
I think 2 new mods to take care of the Caanoo/Wiz section is a fair amount.

And yes, I'm happy to help in any way I can, though also happy for any of the previously named members to be mods, they're all good guys.

Peter, Nova and Pickle would be great section mods.

If mods can approve front page news then the more the better! gp32x front page news updates are spartan, and when they do come are already out of date.

Orkie comes across as very angry all the time, I only had one run in with him in the past but it was a pretty friendly argument on irc. (regarding the old emu compatibility wiki)

As for Quote... lol... that was a joke right? :D Wasnt he that Pandora guy?

Iorgy77 said:
As for Quote... lol... that was a joke right? :D
Well I've had a few people nominate me. If they weren't serious then I'll back down and go hide somewhere. :p
Edit: I think I agree with Nova. Two new mods should be enough for now (as long as they'll be active in the Wiz/Caanoo sections). If others agree with this then I think he and Peter R would be best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back