Sufficient Activity Nowadays to start a Pandora focused Blog?

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
Hello everyone.

I was wondering if there would be some volunteers to join me into making a blog (in english) about Pandora news, especially related to software. I feel that there is increased activity nowadays, of course because of the competition, but also because of new contributors who recently became active (ptitSeb has been doing many ports in a few weeks time, for example, but he is not the only one) and I feel there is enough things to talk about to have regular blog updates.

I can provide server space, and setup the whole thing on my side. 

I would need:

- volunteers who are willing to spend a few hours a week to write a few blog posts (if we were 3-4, would be great) and who can write stuff in correct English (even if you are not native)

- Blog posts would be about hardware news if any, software news & reviews of software in detail. Expectation is quality writing and quality review here, no just cut and paste of repo descriptions. Something consistent, with a critical mindset on what works and does not work in the software being reviewed. 

- Support from ED to link such a blog to the official site, if possible :)

The purpose if this is:

- to have a good resource on top of the forum, with more complete in-depth reviews and tests.

- to spread the word better about the Pandora

- to give feedback to developers who make software to the Pandora and provide them with exposure. 

Who's in ? :)  

Hello and good luck,

kind of funny that you attempt to start a blog because you know there is a blog/project about Reviews and Tutorials already. (which is there for the same purpose)

Lets all do our own stuff instead of improving / helping existing projects, right?

Büchse Blog

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and good luck,

kind of funny that you attempt to start a blog because you know there is a blog/project about Reviews and Tutorials already. (which is there for the same purpose)

Lets all do our own stuff instead of improving / helping existing projects, right?

Büchse Blog
Interesting personal site, hope you keep updating it :)

I'm sure there are other blogs out there, so far none have posted an invitation for contributors here recently, including the defunct pandorapress.

And about pandorapress.net, a couple of us volunteered our services but no reply was received. Which I think was pretty sad, maybe a bit rude too.

Hello and good luck,

Büchse Blog
Well if I don't even know about your project in the first place, how do I know how to help ? Was it linked anywhere or buried into the rest of the forums ?

Besides, no update since September 2012 ? And only 3 posts in your blog for the whole of 2012 ? Even if I knew about it, I would assume this is abandoned. ANy blog with no news for a month is a good as non-existing. People come on blogs for frequent updates. 

This being said, it's not because there is already a blog existing that we do not have the right to create another one if we want. There are tons of different websites/magazines doing reviews and they do it in different ways, for a different audience. A blog is not a wiki. 

A blog is a great marketing tool and would help ED a lot. 

Not only will it end up on Google searches when people are Googling for functionality the Pandora also has but it will also serve as a great place to get enthousiastic about the Pandora and find lots of relevant info if you're interested in getting one. And much less shouting then on this forum.  :)

I hope you guys get a new one up and running or revive Pandora press or join Buchse. Doesn't really matter as long as there is loads of activity and a warm fuzzy nerdy community feel. I'd change the name though if you go for the Buchse option. 

I like the idea Ekianjo, but I currently am too busted on time/life to help much and writing is not my thing at all.

If you really want to push that forward, maybe I can help with a few gfx.

I can´t promise though, but I have a few assets from the older panda compo I could recycle.

heck, I won´t even be able to participate on this one compo :(

I like that idea. There's planty of news (new software, updates, coding competition, etc.) It would be nice to have one place that provides and process these informations.

cool features:

-search function for old blog posts (using tags)

-every blog post having tags (or metadata)

guest authors would be nice too

I like that idea. There's planty of news (new software, updates, coding competition, etc.) It would be nice to have one place that provides and process these informations.

cool features:

-search function for old blog posts (using tags)

-every blog post having tags (or metadata)

guest authors would be nice too
Yep, guest authors would be essential imho.

A blog is only usefull to me if it has many updates on a weekly basis. In fact, the ones I read are updated daily if not a few times per day.

In this case, something new every few days (2 or 3?) would be really great!

But I see that takes time and hard efforts.

I wont make any promises but if i do get some time in my busy schedule i'd love to write a post for it every now and then, i do love my blogs 

I announced Büchse here, if you would be behind Pandora Microbes then you would know about the tutorial of _wb_.

I'm not saying you are not allowed to do your own blog, it's just … nevermind.

I have learned that this community isn't interested in community projects and the only reason why the blog has no entries is because people are not interested in doing such stuff and I'm not motivated to run behind everyone for months or do everything on my own.

This project was created as an opportunity for everyone in this community to write stuff, doesn't matter if you do it in english or german.

When i did my announcement nobody was interested, i guess this will go the same way.

See you in two months.

Remember http://pandorapress.net ? Maybe that could be reactivated.
we already have a great blog, pandorapress.net, but it has been laying idle for a while... let's bring it back to life

... and keep it on topic, DON'T allow random bitching and complaints in every thread like before, what a fiasco that was.  We need an ACTUAL BOFH MODERATOR with BRASS BALLS, like yours truly has, no disrespect intended.

last post was ~ a year ago, about the 'rebirth' competition...  first new post should be on latest competition :)

vote 1 DREDD :angry: to help write for / moderate Pandora Press again...   and ekianjo too, naturally ;)

büchse unfotunately it's hard to start a new project and get lots of support behind it

@ dredd, you're welcome to try and revive pandorapress, as I said a few posts up I tried to get in touch and volunteer for the blog, no reply at all.

@ büchse, sorry but I don't understand you. What are you concerned about here?

... talking with büchse / zLouD ... let's revive the busche "box" site too (english).

It's more focused on articles / reviews / tutorials, whereas pandorapress is about news and events.

I find that URL hard to remember and type, so I made two aliases for the site:

pnd.to/box - to the main site

pandoria.org/box - to the english blog section

I'm going to write some sort of article about some Pandora thing for it ... not exactly sure the topic yet.

Please talk to büchse / zLouD (on IRC), if you can write a tutorial or review for this site.

... I'm getting really confused... How many sites are there?

To me, if you name a blog after your nickname its most likely a personal blog. Better to call it something original and pandora related. I think thats partly why pandorapress was popular.

And by the way, büchse blog is about reviews/tutes. The current idea is to set up a news/review blog isnt it? There may be a little overlap but the primary purpose will be different.

lol, can you call it "Inside The Box", for old times sake? ;)

Back