Release SuperTux

sebt3

homebrew player (P. & C.)
Website
sebt3.openpandora.org
SuperTux is a free classic 2D jump'n run sidescroller game in a style similar to the original Super Mario games covered under the GNU GPL.
1508694809-supertux-5.png

So far this is 0.3.4 which was released 2 years ago. later version depend on SDL2 thuss on working 3D. Lastest version will be packaged once the SGX drivers are fixed

Magic Sam

Forever Homebrew
Hi all :)

@sebt3 : I'm sorry to report this DBP doesn't work on my brand new Pyra, and leaves no logs in /tmp/dbpout.

What am I doing wrong ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
Some of the older Games on the DBP Repo might got ported to a different Pyra Kernel Version, so they don’t work..
same as Stella,
I can report that at least the Emulator and Games after the first Pyra Release for the Normal customers work, so everything from January 2021 on should work...

Reactions: rSl

sebt3

homebrew player (P. & C.)
Website
sebt3.openpandora.org

@sebt3 : I'm sorry to report this DBP doesn't work on my brand new Pyra, and leaves no logs in /tmp/dbpout.

What am I doing wrong ?

Cheers, Magic Sam
as matzesu said, this is kind of unsurprising. this dbp is about 4 years old.
I plan on having a modern (this one is very old) version up and running once my proto is back home ;)

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
I tried the new supertux 2 dbp you uploaded today,

Edit after I typed it in this happens
add3604c38052d63b26f97715d7de571.jpg

It runs, but only over the terminal, which is strange, but lucky the terminal can remember the commands so I just have to scroll to it

Last edited:
Reactions: rSl

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
Yeah, but this would waste my internal 32 gb storage over time, so I prefer the DBP , ^^
I mean there are allready software on the internal but games shall be on sd cards ..

Magic Sam

Forever Homebrew

Thanks @sebt3 for updating your package, really appreciated !

What's the performance like on your end ? I edited the config file to display the FPS counter in-game, and it varies from ~10 to 15...

Cheers, Magic Sam

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Are you on the latest OS? I've not tried it yet, but from what I could follow on Discord, this one should use GLES... so I'd expect it to run fullspeed.

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
I wouldn't be so sure. Last time I checked (ok, that was on the Pandora), the game was not "Mobile GPU" friendly at all! (with gazillon of non-batched draw call, many state switched, and alpha test on sprite IIRC). So fullspeed, maybe not (even if it's "simple" 2D game). But 10fps is still a bit slow.

Magic Sam

Forever Homebrew
Are you on the latest OS? I've not tried it yet, but from what I could follow on Discord, this one should use GLES... so I'd expect it to run fullspeed.
Hi :)

Yes I'm running the latest version of the OS, just ran "apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade" before installing the DBP.

Cheers, Magic Sam

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't be so sure. Last time I checked (ok, that was on the Pandora), the game was not "Mobile GPU" friendly at all! (with gazillon of non-batched draw call, many state switched, and alpha test on sprite IIRC). So fullspeed, maybe not (even if it's "simple" 2D game). But 10fps is still a bit slow.

Oh, I thought it was running decent on the Pandora... but could be my memory is hazed :)

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
Maybe it ditnt run good on the Pandora, but whe had ignore this because whe had in mind its had only 700 mhz, so everything that run was fine ^^