Release SuperTux

sebt3

homebrew player (P. & C.)
Website
sebt3.openpandora.org
SuperTux is a free classic 2D jump'n run sidescroller game in a style similar to the original Super Mario games covered under the GNU GPL.
1508694809-supertux-5.png

So far this is 0.3.4 which was released 2 years ago. later version depend on SDL2 thuss on working 3D. Lastest version will be packaged once the SGX drivers are fixed

Hi all :)

@sebt3 : I'm sorry to report this DBP doesn't work on my brand new Pyra, and leaves no logs in /tmp/dbpout.

What am I doing wrong ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Some of the older Games on the DBP Repo might got ported to a different Pyra Kernel Version, so they don’t work..
same as Stella,
I can report that at least the Emulator and Games after the first Pyra Release for the Normal customers work, so everything from January 2021 on should work...

Reactions: rSl

@sebt3 : I'm sorry to report this DBP doesn't work on my brand new Pyra, and leaves no logs in /tmp/dbpout.

What am I doing wrong ?

Cheers, Magic Sam
as matzesu said, this is kind of unsurprising. this dbp is about 4 years old.
I plan on having a modern (this one is very old) version up and running once my proto is back home ;)

I tried the new supertux 2 dbp you uploaded today,

Edit after I typed it in this happens
add3604c38052d63b26f97715d7de571.jpg

It runs, but only over the terminal, which is strange, but lucky the terminal can remember the commands so I just have to scroll to it

Last edited:
Reactions: rSl
Yeah, but this would waste my internal 32 gb storage over time, so I prefer the DBP , ^^
I mean there are allready software on the internal but games shall be on sd cards ..

Thanks @sebt3 for updating your package, really appreciated !

What's the performance like on your end ? I edited the config file to display the FPS counter in-game, and it varies from ~10 to 15...

Cheers, Magic Sam

Are you on the latest OS? I've not tried it yet, but from what I could follow on Discord, this one should use GLES... so I'd expect it to run fullspeed.

I wouldn't be so sure. Last time I checked (ok, that was on the Pandora), the game was not "Mobile GPU" friendly at all! (with gazillon of non-batched draw call, many state switched, and alpha test on sprite IIRC). So fullspeed, maybe not (even if it's "simple" 2D game). But 10fps is still a bit slow.

Are you on the latest OS? I've not tried it yet, but from what I could follow on Discord, this one should use GLES... so I'd expect it to run fullspeed.
Hi :)

Yes I'm running the latest version of the OS, just ran "apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade" before installing the DBP.

Cheers, Magic Sam

I wouldn't be so sure. Last time I checked (ok, that was on the Pandora), the game was not "Mobile GPU" friendly at all! (with gazillon of non-batched draw call, many state switched, and alpha test on sprite IIRC). So fullspeed, maybe not (even if it's "simple" 2D game). But 10fps is still a bit slow.

Oh, I thought it was running decent on the Pandora... but could be my memory is hazed :)

Maybe it ditnt run good on the Pandora, but whe had ignore this because whe had in mind its had only 700 mhz, so everything that run was fine ^^

Back