SuperZaxxon v.54 Final has been released!

Just tried to flash 1.54....

I extracted 1.54 zip file to the root level of SD card....

Here's the pertinent text I see:

Starting updater.

u-boot is missing, skipped.

Writing rootfs, please wait.....
===============================

results:

u-boot:             missing

u-boot-env:      already empty

kernel:              missing

rootfs:              flashed /mnt/mmcblk0p1/rootfs.img

Got to point where you see the welcome/you've opened Pandora's Box screen....tried to do setup, but noticed that touchscreen is not working...was able to navigate using the d-pad and other keys....

Any ideas as to what I need to do now?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
sudo depmod
Thanks....

Just did that in terminal....nothing happens, just get new prompt line....

Touchscreen still does not work....

So, are the u-boot related errors normal?

Should I re-download and flash again?

It says the kernel was missing on the SD Card, so it didn't flash it.

That's why the touchscreen (and most probably Wifi) does not work.

Are you sure you extracted ALL files onto the SD Card?

Looks like bootf.tgz is missing.

You're right, ED.....that file was missing.... Very odd, in that it was not in folder with other files that were extracted.... I used another program to unzip and this time the bootf.tgz file was there.... Go figure..... Off to reflash..... :) Thanks to all that offered help with this!

UPDATE

Reflashed and seems good now.....

Thanks again!

:)

I managed to produce VBUS_ERROR in a_wait_vrise (91 

for a few times then the old error again. I guess I did break something after all.

Just a note for those who tried 1.54 RC - at some point with the 1.54 RC i lost the capacity to launch the terminal (i have no idea why) - it resulted in errors. 

Flashing to 1.54 Final solved the problems. 

Can somebody confirm OTG host working on Sz1.54?
Yeah, it works for me without any issues.

- Neelix

EDIT: Setting aside the OTG atapter for a moment,  are there any such errors if you connect a regular mini-USB cable between the pandora and a PC?  (and if so, do they still happen if you try it again after having the battery out for 5 mins)
Are you running it on an old CC unit, too?

Edit: I might try gong back to SZ1.53 to see if there's a difference. If I can still find the full flash that is.

Can somebody confirm OTG host working on Sz1.54?
Yeah, it works for me without any issues.

- Neelix

EDIT: Setting aside the OTG atapter for a moment,  are there any such errors if you connect a regular mini-USB cable between the pandora and a PC?  (and if so, do they still happen if you try it again after having the battery out for 5 mins)
Are you running it on an old CC unit, too?

Edit: I might try gong back to SZ1.53 to see if there's a difference. If I can still find the full flash that is.
I'm on a rebirth unit. 

- Neelix

I can confirm that sometimes, when plugging the mini usb to charge, the red led goes on and off very fast.

FWIW I tested my last kernel changes on a CC unit.
Roger, thanks. That pretty much makes it a unique problem then. (Edit: To me in my non-present knowledge about what's really going on under the hood)

I just went back to SZ 1.53 and got a timeout error. In case there is no physical damage to the Pandora: I really wonder if the timing in connecting the USB data lines vs. voltage lines does make the difference here, as in both ends of the OTG adapter have taken physical abuse and are certainly not well-aligned.

Is there a way to measure, using an amp meter, whether or not my plug has a connection on the mini port? I.e. tell the USB to send sth. over data and apply voltage to the lines even if it isn't connected to anything?

If I've physically broken sth. I bought the display link adapter for nothing, meh. I hate it when a plan goes wrong :(

If the port works in device mode ( i.e. with a regular USB cable to the computer for USBnet or SD Mass Storage)  then that would seem to indicate that the port itself is ok.  In that case it seems likely that the OTG Adapter cable is at fault.

- Neelix

Yeah, call me lazy... gogo gadget soldering iron then, this is really intrigueing. Pesky little plug!

what happen to the trash can?  when I delete stuff, they don't go into the trash can anymore even though the file is small (like 100kb)

Back