Temper Pc-engine/turbografx-16 Emulator V0.7

Exophase

Nothing good will ever come of Exophase.
Finally got things working for my last beta tester, so I can release now.

Get it here until it shows up on the archive:

http://exophase.devzero.co.uk/temper_v0.70.zip

Read the readme thoroughly before posting that something doesn't work.

I've tried to work around as many weird cuesheet problems as I could but there are probably still going to be some that don't work, so try to look things through before complaining about the emulator being broken. Thanks.

I'd just like to say thanks to Exo for all his hard work on this. Temper was already an impressive emulator but now it's even better!

I know many people on here have been waiting for some time for this release but I'm sure you will all agree that it's been more than worth it!

Excellent stuff. Thankyou. :)

Had a quick play of several games and they all worked fine with the exception of AfterBurner II - freezes in various places. I don't know if this is a known fault of previous versions, as this is the first version I've downloaded.

as i said during testings, all the iso\cue i tried works perfectly!
Best pc-engine emulator so far, it runs some games even better than MagicEngine on PC

Amazing piece of work. Thanks for the hard work on this awsome emu :)

DaveC said:
Amazing piece of work. Thanks for the hard work on this awsome emu :)
Yeah this emu goes beyond any expectations that I had. I am so thankful for not going the iso/wav/mp3 toc file route. Also the fact that you decided to add ACD support shows how generous you really are haha. My real Duo is actually going to be collecting dust for a little while. This really is honestly the best pc-engine/duo emulator out there. This will also be the most complete one when SGX is finished. Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all of your hard work on this. I can't wait to try it out.

I ran into a compiling error with the bin_to_iso_ogg utility on my debian linux machine.

bin_to_iso_ogg.c: In function convert_bin_cue:
bin_to_iso_ogg.c:438: error: too few arguments to function mkdir

I changed line 438 to

mkdir(output_name_base, S_IRWXU);

and it built ok.

words are missing to say how this emu is good ! nice work exophase, you're a king on both psp and gp2x scenes !
many thanks from all PCE fans as i am :)

Excellent work !!

Brings me great pleasure to play all theese games on my gp2x ,
thanks for all your hard work and dedication to the sceene.. Bud

QuasaR said:
Just a stupid question: Is the emu using the second core, too? And many thanks for this GREAT emulator!!
Nah. Not yet anyway *_*

Last edited by a moderator:
TWO WORDS: THX EXOPHASE.

You make one of my dream come true.

Everything works great.

I just tried Fantasy Star (SCD game) and it work great even @ 200mhz

YOU ARE A BOSS!!!!!!!!!

THX

Herc. :ph34r:

I was just playing Gate of Thunder on this and I can't believe how good it runs even with no overclock. It is amazing. I didn't think it possible on the relatively anemic GP2X hardware. You have worked magic, Exophase!

To those that haven't tried Gate of Thunder and like shooters, I suggest you try it. It is one of the best on any platform.

Now where is the cheapest 16 gig card to buy :p

Again, thanks Exophase for the incredible emu and all of the hard work that went into it :)

seal.png

:p

I have not yet tried this but wanted to say thanks for still working on this emu and getting it to run how it is. I am looking forward to playing some CD games when I finally find some. Gate of Thunder I will definitely look for :)

The fact that you did it from scratch really makes it special and is obviously one of the best emulators on the Gp2x.

has anyone gotten popful mail to work? the emu freezes after the falcom screen.

also, ive succeeded in ripping my games in bin/cue format, but i dont understand this part of the readme:

Run the program as:

bin_cue_to_iso_ogg <name of cue file to convert> <base for output>

For instance if you did:

bin_cue_to_iso_ogg game.cue game

It would create the new cuesheet and track files in the directory game,
with names game.cue, and game_tN.* for the track files.

i dont understand what i need to do on this part..

help please!

I noticed on some games the game complains about RAM. For example Star Parodia has some warning screen in Japanese. I can pick out RAM in all of the other text I can't read. I also can't get past the screen to the game, it sits there mocking me with the text and some background music. Does anyone know what to do here?

Back