Temper Pc-engine/turbografx-16 Emulator V0.5

Exophase said:
jimid2 said:
So Exophase, let me be the first to ask: What's your Paypal address? You've earned a couple pints on me! :)
exophase@gmail.com :>

Your (virtual) cheque is in the (e-)mail! :)

I too hope you can extend this great emu to support CD-ROM at some point. Thanks again Exophase!

Last edited by a moderator:
Eclipse said:
well, i've finished Bonk III on gp2xengine and it has no issues, CD version, don't know about the hu-card.
Same for Air Zonk, CD version runs fine on gp2xengine too :)

btw this emu is faster, have slots for savestates and it's nicer to use, with CD support and all will be a truly killer app on gp2x
Isn't the CD version "Super Air Zonk"? Super Air Zonk is actually a sequel or re-imagining of Air Zonk, and it's inferior to the original in most ways... Super Air Zonk doesn't actually have any parallax scrolling, which would explain why it runs so well in gp2xengine. The HuCard Air Zonk is quite unplayable...

This is great. Definitely the better Pce emulator on the gp2x and sound is very good unlike Hu6280. Nice to have save states too :) All the games I've tried so far run really well at 200mhz and I haven't ran into any crashes or anything that people have mentioned. I do hope you continue to work on this.

I wonder how much I could get for my TurboExpress on eBay :p

This is amazing! Very nice release, thanks a lot Exophase. You have done so much for the scene! I was anticipating this for so long now ^^.

Whoa! This is awesome, especially since it's only the first release to the public. It's faster than gp2xengine already, and you can turn the volume down further than gp2xengine (which is good for us F-200 owners who have really loud speakers) but do you think you could get it to play .zipped roms? or .bz2?

geise69 said:
DaveC said:
I wonder how much I could get for my TurboExpress on eBay :p
Sell it! Seriously. You'll actually get quite a bit of cash. Haha and you can use it for the Pandora! auction1
auction2
auction3
auction4
auction5
auction6

Haha and remember, when you set up a bid make sure you put RARE! Everything is RARE on ebay. Remember this.

It looks like I would only get around $100 bucks for it :( That doesn't seem like much. Maybe I will hold on to it for awhile and see if they go up. I mean it is rather worthless thanks to Exophase (a good thing :p ) and I will never use it again, but That seems kind of low. I think they were bringing more for awhile there. I have almost all of the games and the TV tuner but not the box etc.

Yeah the only thing NOT "rare" on ebay is the word "rare" :p

Noremakk said:
but do you think you could get it to play .zipped roms? or .bz2?
Yeah, it's on my todo list for next version. I wonder if it'd be useful to be able to travel through ROMs in a zip file as if they were a directory as well.

Exophase said:
Noremakk said:
Yeah, it's on my todo list for next version. I wonder if it'd be useful to be able to travel through ROMs in a zip file as if they were a directory as well.

That would be cool. You would save having the zip header on each file, and you would not waste SD clusters due to multiple files. Ok, so it would not make THAT much difference with card space but still it is something :p

DaveC said:
Exophase said:
Noremakk said:

That would be cool. You would save having the zip header on each file, and you would not waste SD clusters due to multiple files. Ok, so it would not make THAT much difference with card space but still it is something :p

Yeah, it wouldn't be that useful for saving space, but it would be nice for all the people switching over from GP2Xengine (which had a built-in .bz2 compressor) who have tons of .bz2 ROMs already sitting on their SD card not to have to decompress them when they make the transition.

Noremakk said:
Yeah, it wouldn't be that useful for saving space, but it would be nice for all the people switching over from GP2Xengine (which had a built-in .bz2 compressor) who have tons of .bz2 ROMs already sitting on their SD card not to have to decompress them when they make the transition.
Well it is worth the effort to extract the files for use with TEmPer as it is light years better.

If it weren't for the CD support of GP2XEngine I would have nixed it.

AT LAST!!!!!!

AT LAST i come back from 12 days in Japan to test Temper ( I took my PSP instead of my MK1)
AT LAST A great PcEngine Emu As good as GpEngine had been for GP32.

It's not Perfect but very close from perfection.

This are the things i noted:

-Some incompatible games (At this time i had a problem only on SF2')
-Some Games needs an high overclock to be full speed and and even like that sometimes keep a sound a little crappy (Final Soldier for exemple)
-No Cd Support (but it's i guess this will require a lot of work)

So all i conclued is that only a litte bit of tunning (if i can speak like that) will make this emu perfect.(except for the CD support of course)

So Exophase : THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bye

Herc. :ph34r:

jbrodack said:
Its nice that you can select which save slot to save to from the main menu but what I would really like is being able to actually save and load from that menu as well. I easily get load and save hotkeys confused so I would really appreciate that.
Press A on the option in the menu :B (hence why there are two options and not just "select slot") I don't really like the hot keys that much either, you might want to disable them entirely.

I feel stupid for not realizing that. I guess most emus have the save slot as seperate option. Your emulator is even more intuitive than I expected.

hercule18 said:
AT LAST!!!!!!

AT LAST i come back from 12 days in Japan to test Temper ( I took my PSP instead of my MK1)
AT LAST A great PcEngine Emu As good as GpEngine had been for GP32.

It's not Perfect but very close from perfection.

This are the things i noted:

-Some incompatible games (At this time i had a problem only on SF2')
-Some Games needs an high overclock to be full speed and and even like that sometimes keep a sound a little crappy (Final Soldier for exemple)
-No Cd Support (but it's i guess this will require a lot of work)

So all i conclued is that only a litte bit of tunning (if i can speak like that) will make this emu perfect.(except for the CD support of course)

So Exophase : THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Herc. :ph34r:
Earlier in this thread Notaz posted a script to put into the .gpe file. You will need to do this if you are having issues with speed. I don't need to overclock at all for Final Soldier. I used to have to, but after I added what Notaz said to do, everything runs 60 fps at 200mhz. :) Most I can underclock to 150-180mhz. Make sure you save the .gpe with a new name and in Unix format of course. Use Programmer's Notepad or any other that can save in Unix format.
Bye

Back