Temper Pc-engine/turbografx-16 Emulator V0.7

Exophase said:
The scary part of my health problems is over (the actual surgery) so I just have to recover from that (ow ow gas pain) and I'll be all good. Gotta figure out whatever little things I wanted to wrap up so I can get the latest Temper out.
Get well soon!
I designed PicoDrive renderers while spending time in the hospital too, before/after they did a surgery to me few years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
jbrodack said:
nice work on the fixes. hope you recover quickly.

any work done on bram saves?
Yes, should be fixed too, forgot about that.

Sounds great Exophase, can't wait to try it. Sounds like this fantastic emu is getting very polished.

Thanks for the great work and get well soon.

Just wondering, any news with this? The mentioned bug fixes (itchin' to play Exile ) and speed-ups sound nice as would be the extra modes. Maybe a bugfix release (above) is comming? :) Or maybe not?

Curious what the status was for this great emu.

DaveC said:
Just wondering, any news with this? The mentioned bug fixes (itchin' to play Exile ) and speed-ups sound nice as would be the extra modes. Maybe a bugfix release (above) is comming? :) Or maybe not?

Curious what the status was for this great emu.
Maybe I could be bribed somehow to release the version :>

Duddyroar said:
There you go DaveC - you'd better stock up on sherbert dips if you want to see the next version of Temper ;)
*cough*laced with $100 bills*cough*

Okay, scratch that, the USB port on my GP2X (the one craigix sent and DaveC dpad modded) broke off. It needs to be re-soldered back on and I don't have the ability nor equipment to do this. I know someone who might be able to, but if he can't then I'll have to send it to someone else who can.

Nothing gets done on Temper in the mean time (can't use other GP2X, need SD slot for CD-ROM images)

Exophase said:
Okay, scratch that, the USB port on my GP2X (the one craigix sent and DaveC dpad modded) broke off. It needs to be re-soldered back on and I don't have the ability nor equipment to do this. I know someone who might be able to, but if he can't then I'll have to send it to someone else who can.

Nothing gets done on Temper in the mean time (can't use other GP2X, need SD slot for CD-ROM images)
Ok you win :)

If you can't get them fixed I can do it. I have been known to pick up a soldering iron once in awhile.

Just let me know if interested.

What needs to be done with latest Temper though? Couldn't the version you mentioned before with bugfixes be released as is? From that list it looked good enough to me.

Man are a lot of the GP2X build quality that bad? Only problem I've had (so far) is the headphone jack, which I had to resolder on myself. I can help as well if Dave or someone gets to busy.

I had previously been successfully playing Pc Engine CD games with this great emulator, but now when I tried to run any CD game (for example StarParodia or Spriggan 2), I got a error message in japanese (from the game, not the emulator) and couldn't get into the game. The error was something about RAM because RAM was in letters that I can understand, other text was in hiragana/katakana/kanji.

Does anyone know what might have caused this? Normal roms seem to work just fine, but CD games didn't start anymore because of this.

Deleting all config/save state/bram folders helps for this problem, but doing that too often can get annoying.

limonaati said:
Deleting all config/save state/bram folders helps for this problem, but doing that too often can get annoying.
The PC Engine has a static RAM save area which is emulated faithfully by Temper. The real PC Engine would also behave like this. To fix it on the real one you'd have to start the system and press SELECT (I think) to enter the PC Engine save menu and delete a save slot. It's all in Kanji but there aren't many options so it's not too hard to work out.

Your bram got messed up somehow and the CD games are pissed. Try deleting the bram directory, but I recommend backing it up first. You'll lose your ingame saves if you have any.

in temper 0.7 bram saves never worked for me but games would still come up with the ram error. some games would seem to come up with the ram error almost every time run.

temper is a great emulator, even compared to computer pc engine emulators but thats the only real problem with it I've had

Back