Pc Engine Emulator

SomeGuy99 said:
So are we shifting from GP2X style interfaces to GTK ones for all the emulators now?

No. Or at least, I'm absolutely not. I don't think that fits well for a handheld at all.

Tensuke said:
I would like to put in my complaint now. :unsure:
But Exo, I thought you weren't getting one from the first batch? Or maybe you actually ordered and I'm just now remembering that it happened. I need to take a few days off, this Pandora Panic is getting to me. :)

I'm getting one from 250-350 (was MDave's). I haven't gotten the shipping e-mail yet, unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exophase said:
SomeGuy99 said:
So are we shifting from GP2X style interfaces to GTK ones for all the emulators now?

No. Or at least, I'm absolutely not. I don't think that fits well for a handheld at all.
I agree there.

I think it would be annoying to have to use the touchscreen and load a big desktop just to launch an emu.

With Pmenu and minimenu out there I really hope that apps won't require full desktops to be loaded first, that would be really lame.

Exophase said:
I'm getting one from 250-350 (was MDave's). I haven't gotten the shipping e-mail yet, unfortunately.
Ah that was it. Well here's hoping you get it soon!

Mqark said:
It appears I did, sorry.

As I said, I didnt take offence at this, as I know when something is written down, the tone and the emotions behind what was written doesnt come across too well.

Mqark said:
From the tone of your second post you just came across as a bit of an ungreatful knob.

Every one can be a little ungrateful at times, but I assure you, as an end user with absolutely no coding skills, I have the utmost respect for the people that will create something for the Pandora, to that effect I paid for multiple developer funds when I ordered the console.

Mqark said:
I saw that Exo took your comment the same way I did and felt that you maybe didn't understand that this product works differently from the others on the market.

I didnt see Exo's post in that light, its not like him.

Mqark said:
Because you came across as quite rude I felt that I needed to be rude to get the message across, I'd normally be more tollerant, but you managed to strike a chord.

Do me a favor, go back and re-read my post, but do it out loud in a silly squeeky voice, this way you may understand the tone of it.

Mqark said:
I just didn't want Exo to get disheartened and give up because he was being pressured to do something he may get no financial reward for doing.

I have a feeling he wont become disheartened, I reckon he is gonna love his Pandora and clutch it to his chest, in fact I reckon he will call it George and he will hug it and pet it and squeeze it.

DaveC said:
With Pmenu and minimenu out there I really hope that apps won't require full desktops to be loaded first, that would be really lame.

I agree about the lame.

SomeGuy99 said:
DaveC said:
I agree about the lame.
Using GTK does not automatically necessitate a full desktop.
At worst you'd need a window manager, and you could use something nice and lightweight like openbox.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be better to avoid requiring it at all, of course.

Back