Temper Pc-engine/turbografx-16 Emulator V0.5

I sound like an echo machine here...Yes, this is, as expected (since it is exophase doing it), bloody excellent! I've never tried a real TG-16, but now i've reaquainted myself with the goodness that is R-type, amongst other things...Luvverlee!

Just a thankyou - I got round to trying Temper this evening, and it ran everything thrown at it flawlessly. Including Photograph Boy, which is hilarious and has been a tircky game to run on some other emus (in particular, it was one of the very few games that was unplayable of GPEngine on the GP32).

And there are savestates. And they work.

So thank you :)

geise69 said:
hercule18 said:
AT LAST!!!!!!

So Exophase : THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Herc. :ph34r:
Earlier in this thread Notaz posted a script to put into the .gpe file. You will need to do this if you are having issues with speed. I don't need to overclock at all for Final Soldier. I used to have to, but after I added what Notaz said to do, everything runs 60 fps at 200mhz. :) Most I can underclock to 150-180mhz. Make sure you save the .gpe with a new name and in Unix format of course. Use Programmer's Notepad or any other that can save in Unix format.
Bye

Thx for the tip, now the problem is solved since 0.55

Bye

Herc. :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
This emulator is a dream come true !
Thank you very much Exophase for your great job.

Only one more thing and it would be perfect imho : full screen scaling. Is it possible to add this feature ?

osn19 said:
This emulator is a dream come true !
Thank you very much Exophase for your great job.

Only one more thing and it would be perfect imho : full screen scaling. Is it possible to add this feature ?
Get the newest version. (0.56) It may fix your problem. No guarantees, though.

Spent some quality time with 0.56 yesterday. A nice release - the parallax in Air Zonk looks better, and I didn't have any hangs after exiting the emu or while trying to load another clean ROM (still sorting through some of the crappier ROMs I've got lying about, tho' :lol: ) Thanks again, Exophase! :)

osn19 said:
Actually, it may be more appropriate to adjust the image for the "high-res" games like Ninja Spirit and R-Type so that they fit fully on the GP2X screen, first... I mean, they're still very playable now, but it would be nice to see the entire screen... In terms of the regular resolution games, so little of the GP2X's screen remains unused with the typical PCE game, I can't imagine why you'd want to reduce performance and fuzz out the graphics to upscale maybe 15% or something, but that's just me...

really amazing emu... i played with the other 2 alot... but teh speed is amazing :)

only bad thing is.. i cant get some US games to work.... (even setting force US)
especially jacky chan action kung fu... (i did not run on gp2x engine also...)

pongplaya said:
really amazing emu... i played with the other 2 alot... but teh speed is amazing :)

only bad thing is.. i cant get some US games to work.... (even setting force US)
especially jacky chan action kung fu... (i did not run on gp2x engine also...)
The only USA ROM that requires "force USA encode" is Legend of Hero Tonma. Your dumps might be bad.

Back