Pc Engine Emulator

I think you guys are going to be really disappointed when you see how much I actually work ;p My energy for porting/fixing up GUIs is close to zero :(

@exophase

Don't worry man, I didn't expect anything from you. In fact, you should be pleasantly surprised by the degree of how non-disappointed I am.

Phawx said:
@Exophase

Don't worry man, I didn't expect anything from you. In fact, you should be pleasantly surprised by the degree of how non-disappointed I am.

Haha, thanks for your support... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
In the mean time, I have a straight "port" of Hu-Go! running quite nicely. Some minor issues to sort out, but I should be able to put out a PND in the next couple of days.

gibberish said:
pull your finger out means "stop slacking off and get on with it"...
it is a strange term, i wonder where it came from.

Yes, and it refers to pulling your finger out your arse (ass/butt). Just so people know... :lol:

azurege said:
WOW, Apologies to those that misinterpreted my post :blink:

@Mqark, you really took what I said the wrong way, but dont worry, I take no offence at your comments.

@Exophase, pull your finger out dude :D with your skills i would have thought it would have been done WITHOUT the use of a Pandora ;)

For the record, I am very excited about the Pandora, I have been from the beginning, and am looking forward to receiving mine.

:D

It appears I did, sorry.

From the tone of your second post you just came across as a bit of an ungreatful knob. I saw that Exo took your comment the same way I did and felt that you maybe didn't understand that this product works differently from the others on the market.
Because you came across as quite rude I felt that I needed to be rude to get the message across, I'd normally be more tollerant, but you managed to strike a chord.

I just didn't want Exo to get disheartened and give up because he was being pressured to do something he may get no financial reward for doing.

Exophase said:
I think you guys are going to be really disappointed when you see how much I actually work ;p My energy for porting/fixing up GUIs is close to zero :(
That is a downer.

Hopefully you will find a few minutes to port Temper at least. I remember you said it would be fairly trivial to do it. Ports of PC emus will be crap. They won't run as smooth and compatibility will be not great. Temper ran games that others like hugo wouldn't do and the CD support was great.

Oh well if it doesn't come to Pandora I still have it on the wiz.

I live about 1/2 hour away from Exo. Maybe I should take a drive and smack him around a bit for not having the emulator done and WITH an AWESOME GUI at that.
You people act like he doesn't owe us anything, but OH YES HE DOES. He's not payed by OP because he's a coding slave. He's kept in a dungeon in Cleveland. He's gonna do and right, or his Pandorian Masters from Akron will pay him a visit. Get to work slave, or no more gruel for you.

And since you dared to be defiant slave, you are now tasked with a fully working 100% compatible NDS emulator. Or you will get the whip and solitary. If only someone could solve the ever impossible task of how to put the 2 NDS screens on the Pandora screen (ha ha, had to say it) (seriously any new person, this has been covered a million times)

Now you apologize for your insolence or we will make you slave more, you filthy flea-ridden wretched meat bag. Nothing good will ever come of you!

(yes, this is totally in jest) Exo is da man, he knows it, you know it, and if you don't, you will.

Exophase said:
I don't know if you make your sources available or not, but wouldn't others be able to fix up the GUI's?

Na-Noo said:
I don't know if you make your sources available or not, but wouldn't others be able to fix up the GUI's?

Temper's closed and I do want first pass on this, but if someone actually WANTS to be a GUI monkey for it (and you know, is good at that) I'm sure I could work with them.

I don't know what was wrong with the gui on temper. It seemed pretty simple to use for me. Just pick a ROM from a list and go. What else would you want?

So are we shifting from GP2X style interfaces to GTK ones for all the emulators now?

DaveC said:
I don't know what was wrong with the gui on temper. It seemed pretty simple to use for me. Just pick a ROM from a list and go. What else would you want?

It'd be pretty lame if it didn't at least support touchpad selection and keyboard shortcuts for seeking ROMs. Also should have the ability to map all the keyboard keys to PCE buttons/emulator options, but honestly I have no idea how I'm going to do that since I've always had mappers go from button to function instead of the other way around. I might just stick with sensible hardcoded functions and go with that until enough people complain.

Should we complain here, or start a new thread for it? :p
Anyway I've never played pc-engine couldn't afford the imports, so be nice to check it out sometime down the line.

And it's nice your actually giving it some thought of how to spruce it up for the Pandora. Guess a simple port then a couple revisions maybe?

I would like to put in my complaint now. :unsure:
But Exo, I thought you weren't getting one from the first batch? Or maybe you actually ordered and I'm just now remembering that it happened. I need to take a few days off, this Pandora Panic is getting to me. :)

Back