Text Fitter V0.9 Released

sehs33

Website
Visit site
I have just released Text Fitter V0.9

Description:

Use this app to make the layout of a text stored in a *.txt file fit your GP2X screen, GP32 screen or any other device that has a text reader installed to (Nokia phone ...etc).

You will have to experiment a little until you find the best width for your device, notice that the unit for the width is a character, so it will also depend on the text viewer you are using.

This can be really useful, you will not get confused when words are cut into two lines, a problem I have been facing on my GP32 and Nokia 6600.

.NET framework 2.0 is required to run this software (sorry guys, I will post the source soon if anyone wishing to port it to another language)

You can pick it from:
http://www.gp32x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,23,1037

Peace,
sehs33

thanks for sharing your utility! eBook reading is one of my favorite things to do with my gp2x!

i found a similar solution if you can run python scripts, formats text great for the default gp2x reader and others i've tried out (takes out linebreaks so you don't get shitty wrapping, leaves a blank line between paragraphs).

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the least contribution I can do for this community starpause, am so proud being one of GP32x board members :)

I didn't intend to when I wrote it, but I just noticed that the current version of Text Fitter removes all empty lines and thus removes extra linebreaks as that script does :)

Am thinking of few other additions to this tiny tool that will facilitate the process of knowing/remembering the right width for your text reader(s), if people are interested, PM me.

Peace,
sehs33

Back