The best web browser?

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
I, like you, don't like the built in browser.

What are other people using? I'm hearing the latest FF build is good, and so is Chrome.

I see you can use the maemo flash player in firefox, can Chrome be made to play flash too?

Update me so we can change the default browser.

I've been using Firefox. I've tried Chrome Chromium, but personally I found it much slower and a lot less intuitive.

To be honest, though, I think that including both of those would be a better option than including the current pair of Midori and Arora, as Firefox and Chrome them are considerably more stable and, I would imagine, more compatible and widely-used as well. :p

EDIT: Got the wrong name, whoops! Fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have a Pandora yet, but I'd be happy with anything that isn't Chrome
trollface.png

Big bloated mess that follows web standards as good as IE6.
Firefox doesn't seem bloated to me and it follows web standards.

Well, the latest beta almost pass the Acid3 test, so I guess they are making progress. For a while even IE was ahead :p . Bloated or not, firefox was REALLY slow last time I used it (firefox 3.6, could take 5 seconds to load a page on my EEEpc, and the constant disk activity would make it stall regulary.) But I'll see for myself if it really works when I get my pandora, for the lulz :p

Disregard my post, I just realized I won't be using any DE nor Minimenu anyway, and probably switch browser anyway. Just update webkit on the NAND to a recent version and I'll be happy :p

Firefox 4 is much faster and they don't get a 100 on the acid 3 because they don't support svg fonts

"The current status is that SVG fonts don't seem to be very important for the Web. Opentype fonts loaded via CSS @font-face are more useful than SVG fonts in almost every way. By far the biggest reason to support SVG fonts is to pass Acid3. I don't think it's a good idea to add an otherwise-unnecessary feature just to pass a test."

also relevant link1 link 2

Can't we just get along?

By the way, does Chromium support Adblock Plus?
Ad blocking is immoral
When ads aren't annoying or take longer to load than the page itself I'll stop blocking ads. I mean seriously, I turn off Adblock to see if things are better and they are more annoying than when I started using Adblock. I turned off all adblocking for ars technica since they whined about it and they are a crap tech news site that I never visit anyway.

Adblock does not block text ads btw, I still see those and click on them.

Well I started add blocking when a lot of sites had flash ads with bees (and whatnot) sticking to you cursor, things popping up, all sorts of sounds etc etc

a text ad placed at a non-intrusive spot (say outside of the visible screen), wouldnt bother me.

But the way it goes now is just stupid, youtube putting 1/3 of the video you want to watch behind an ad, its a video site for god sake, you go there to watch the video, why the hell did they think it was a good idea to put the only content they have behind a banner/thing/popup

sorry I get easily annoyed by commercials, the world would be a better place without them.

I agree with ars techina being crap . I use adblock plus because ads are annoying, take up screen real estate ,not relavent at all , make the page load slower and those ads that pause videos are annoying. Pretty much the only ads I watch are on hulu. Then , again I only went on hulu to watch bleach.

Back