The current situation

... and most of my outstanding preorders could all be 1ghz boards ...

If I understand this correctly then this is a pretty good thing for those who've had to wait patiently all this time.

Thanks for the update - even though I knew what was going on ;)

Craig, as I mentioned to you: The community is not our enemy. Let them know what's going on and it will calm everyone down.

Some quick additions from me:

The issue with these refunds really hit at a bad time. I've got no problems sending Craig units before he pays them - the issue is: Thanks to these refunds he didn't even have enough left to send me the money for the first 70 units I sent him.

If I sent more units to him, I would've run into financing issues myself - and in this case, I would be personally liable for that with everything I own in my life (try to explain the government you send a company more Pandoras even though it hasn't even paid the last bill...)

I'm currently gathering money to be able to pay the next big bill myself: 140K EUR is needed to start with the next 1000 Pandoras. It's exactly that time, so I didn't have money left to send more units to Craig.

However, as Craig mentioned, we are working something out already. Neither me nor Craig forgot about you, don't worry.

It was just some unexpected issue (and a very big shock for me, to say the least), but with cooperation, everything is possible.

Thanks very much Craig for the update, I appreciate this must be extremely stressful and difficult for you running this business.

Although things aren't going swimmingly across the board, it's great to hear what's happening and that you're on the case.

EDIT: and thanks for the additional info ED. Not wanting to be too flippant at a stressful time like this, but this kinda puts the whole "Craig is wanting people to ask for refunds" comments to rest :p

*sigh. I hope things go well.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Craig:

Great, you speak to us.

Hopefull you see now that's it's the best way to deal with people.

Speak to them and they will understand your situation.

The current situation is as bad as he always was:

1the_situation.jpg

http://thewellversed.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/1the_situation.jpg

Oh man, jersey shore sucks.....

K i went a bit offtopic :)

Keep up the good work CraigX!

Thanks craig, that clears up some things. Maybe those refunds happened because you once said that it would be better, if people cancelled their preorders?

Thanks craig, that clears up some things. Maybe those refunda happened because you once said that it would be better, if people cancelled their preorders?

So to confirm we are waiting for the tax refund before you are able to fulfil the orders of the people who have paid for the 1ghz test run

Thanks for the update - even though I knew what was going on ;)

Craig, as I mentioned to you: The community is not our enemy. Let them know what's going on and it will calm everyone down.

Some quick additions from me:

The issue with these refunds really hit at a bad time. I've got no problems sending Craig units before he pays them - the issue is: Thanks to these refunds he didn't even have enough left to send me the money for the first 70 units I sent him.

If I sent more units to him, I would've run into financing issues myself - and in this case, I would be personally liable for that with everything I own in my life (try to explain the government you send a company more Pandoras even though it hasn't even paid the last bill...)

I'm currently gathering money to be able to pay the next big bill myself: 140K EUR is needed to start with the next 1000 Pandoras. It's exactly that time, so I didn't have money left to send more units to Craig.

However, as Craig mentioned, we are working something out already. Neither me nor Craig forgot about you, don't worry.

It was just some unexpected issue (and a very big shock for me, to say the least), but with cooperation, everything is possible.
Thanks ED

Wow actually I didn't know that you didn't get money for first 70 unit.

Humm It's not small amount.

Actually I want to support this project to continuously so I'll wait till resolve this happen.

But I think bit not fair so if it can be is there any additional things eg extra battery,t-shirts etc which is instead of delay?

Thanks for the update. One thing though: Are you really going to produce 1000 more pandoras? Do you think you can sell them? Cause currently it looks like sells are down to one or two handful units a month....

Thanks for the update. One thing though: Are you really going to produce 1000 more pandoras? Do you think you can sell them? Cause currently it looks like sells are down to one or two handful units a month....

About 2300 more units are being produced, yes.

I sold over 20 1GHz Pandoras since I put them on stock since last Thursday, and we haven't even really contacted the press.

And there are over 20000 subscribers of the Pandora newsletter - we also haven't told them they're in stock now.

I'm also planning to make more videos, Tutorials helping users to setup things and showing interested people what you can do with it.

It might now be easy to sell all of them, but I'm pretty sure it'll work out.

Once everything is running flawlessly, we should also be able to lower the price. And christmas is coming as well.

I assume those 1000 new Pandoras are 1GHz models. It should be no problem to sell them, given that the Pandora 2 will take at least 2 more years before it'll be available, and meanwhile the Pandora 1 is the only of its kind. If they're reliably available from stock, and the old preorder mess is cleaned up, I'm pretty sure they will sell.

As a Craig pre-orderer from Nov 2009 it's great just getting an update. So thanks to both Craig and ED. Just a quick note every few weeks is really appreciated!!

I'm fully behind this project. I really want a Pandora and have never considered asking for a refund. What would I buy instead that has the same functions ;)

I probably would pay a bit more now just to get my hands on one but I would want something in return, not just a classic Pandora. It seems the price to upgrade me to a 1GHz is almost the same again as what I originally paid. If it was £100-£130 to upgrade my old pre-order to a 1GHz I would probably do it.

Once everything is running flawlessly, we should also be able to lower the price. And christmas is coming as well.

You're really not a business shark, ED :)

Not a good idea to announce that maybe in the future you'll lower the price, that will just encourage people to wait for that to happen...

Not a good idea to announce that maybe in the future you'll lower the price, that will just encourage people to wait for that to happen...

Well, you don't need to be smart to know that if a product sells good, the price can be lowered ;)

It's the same with the PSP, PSVita, etc. :)

Very interesting but are you actually going to get ANY of the 1GHz units this week that Ed has ready now in Germany?

Yes, but please wait for us to work it out, we have to be very careful and cautious.

Thanks Craig,

Although the news is not what I wanted to hear I do appreciate knowing where we stand. I can see that you are working a difficult balancing act and genuinely trying to fulfil your committments, as a result of this update I for one will not now do anything rash that might cause you any more problems, as hard as it is to be patient.

Please, as many have said, keep updating us, in my view the mood on the forums was getting hostile purely through lack of information, there are still plenty of people like me who still want you to succeed and will not cut and run as long as we know where we stand.

@ Ed: Once again your ethical approach to a difficult situation is great to see, I hope the long term brings you the success that deserves

Good luck, guys!

I ordered my 1GHz through Craig, and I'm happy to wait.

We really appreciate what you're doing, making a peerless little gem of a computer for us to enjoy!

Well, you don't need to be smart to know that if a product sells good, the price can be lowered ;)

It's the same with the PSP, PSVita, etc. :)

Agreed, and I bet if you could sell for 100$ you would, as that would enforce the brand in a market with no straight competition.

Im not sure what this means now, I have paid for my 1Ghz ..... does this mean I have to wait another month or will I be getting my No 57 soon?

thanks for the update :)

Back