Pandora The Pandora Game

Here's my first Google plane; ought I continue with them in the rest of the Google colors?

2vnh0rb.jpg

Also, I made this image using the one Moz made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, does anyone know how to record in stereo with Audacity? I made two jingles for this game in WarioWare DIY, and I want to record them in stereo. I do have a male-male sound cable which I am using.

Hey, does anyone know how to record in stereo with Audacity? I made two jingles for this game in WarioWare DIY, and I want to record them in stereo. I do have a male-male sound cable which I am using.

edit Select Tracks on the top bar, go to Add New, then select Stereo Track..

Scratch that..

Go to Edit, then Preferences then Devices.. makes sure you select your sound device.. on recording section you may need to specify your card.. mine is just default. and if it's not set for 2 channel audio(stereo) then do so.

once that's done it should record in stereo by default when you hit the record button.

LOL, the first one sounded like a hardstyle chiptune rendition of the William Tell Overture, I especially like what you did with the second life lost one.

I'm gonna cover the full version of the Overture; that one bit's just to play at the beginning, the rest will be made for looping.

It's going pretty well thus far; it's gonna be based somewhat on the version from Gokujou Parodius.

Here's my first Google plane; ought I continue with them in the rest of the Google colors?

2vnh0rb.jpg

Also, I made this image using the one Moz made.
Hmm, it looks too similar to the Pandora plane, I think we need a bit more variety.

Having 4 differently coloured planes is a good idea, but as I wrote before I think they should be smaller (and appear in swarms) and more "compact".

Thanks! I've got two tunes right here; one's the start of a possible Challenge Mode, another is a lost life.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8RGGPMGP
I am not a big fan of chiptunes so they sound a bit "annoying" to me, but others seem to like it and in the end the community decides what goes in, so keep it up.

Also anyone tried the framework yet?

foxblock out

Small Google plane (too small?)

EDIT: I forgot to put a propellor on this one :rolleyes:

EDIT 2: dammit, ms-paint has done that weird thing with blurring the image again, any way to stop this happening?

Google plane Sprite.png

EDIT 2: dammit, ms-paint has done that weird thing with blurring the image again, any way to stop this happening?

*LOL* That plane looks great (the design) and ugly (the colors) at the same time, I like it! I know, that sounds kinda strange, what I mean to say is, I would never paint a real plane with those colors in that way but I think it works great for the google plane. Also, why are propellors needed, maybe google planes use another kind of propulsion. ^^

Hmm, it looks too similar to the Pandora plane, I think we need a bit more variety.

Having 4 differently coloured planes is a good idea, but as I wrote before I think they should be smaller (and appear in swarms) and more "compact".

foxblock out

Alright, how about Blue red yellow blue green red in a group? Definitely agree about the swarm thing, and when you say 'compact', do you want stubbier wings, smaller body, etc.?

It is not too small, personally I would go for a more round plane with backwards bent wings, maybe resembling an o (not being an actual o).

And yeah, MS paint does that, it sucks.

You can also use Paint.net (can also do photo editing and stuff like that, needs Net.Framework) or TileStudio (good for pixel-perfect spriting, also has a built-in map editor which I never used though) - both are freeware.

Alright, how about Blue red yellow blue green red in a group? Definitely agree about the swarm thing, and when you say 'compact', do you want stubbier wings, smaller body, etc.?
Yeah having differently coloured planes in a group could also work well, we can make them fly in a group so they form the same pattern as the Google-logo.

Also yeah, I was thinking about backwards bent or split wings, more like this:
raumschiff.png

here are also some nice plane sprites which could give you some ideas for other enemies (maybe they are too modern though):

Fighter_Jet_Montage_by_PrinzEugn.png

Sprites3.png

foxblock out

Oh hey!

I'm an artist. ;)

I'm kinda overworked atm - silly season has just begun where I live and I'll be pretty much working my tail off until January...

...but...

I would love to contribute to this project with what little time I have.

So,

... email me with reference images / concept scribbles / and specifications with what you need produced (please don't send me what you require for the entire game! - that simply is asking too much at this point).

Keep in mind; by artist I mean I've studied Fine Arts, am skilled at natural media illustrations, but have 'upgraded' my capabilities into the digital realm by acquiring my baby - the Cintiq 12wx (google it).

I use Photoshop CS3 and Corel Painter X.

I've had some basic tuition in 3D Studio Max (but am soooo rusty and only really use it to knock together a basic 3D model to get exact measurements and representation of furniture or decking I intend building RL).

I've also started teaching myself ZBrush, but haven't gotten very far yet - other aspects of my life have become too demanding and I've had to put that on the back-burner for a while.

My art focus at present is character illustrations and design work for advertising and publishing.

Once, years ago when still in high-school I did some pixel art - I was obsessed with 'The Legend of Zelda - Link's Awakening' on Game Boy and wanted to make my own sequel. I haven't done anything like that since, but have no doubts it will be great fun and should be no problem tuning out some quality sprites if that's what's needed.

P.s. I've just downloaded Tile Studio (as was linked to earlier) and I look forward to trying it out.

I'm unfamiliar with the formats, dimensions, colors used, style/theme you need, so please be specific.

Hope I can be of some help.

P.p.s I think the concept is great! Perhaps it should be worked on even after it's released until it's polished and an essential addition to any Pandora library. :D

Yeah having differently coloured planes in a group could also work well, we can make them fly in a group so they form the same pattern as the Google-logo.

Also yeah, I was thinking about backwards bent or split wings, more like this:
raumschiff.png

here are also some nice plane sprites which could give you some ideas for other enemies (maybe they are too modern though):

Fighter_Jet_Montage_by_PrinzEugn.png

Sprites3.png
foxblock out

Nice, so, jets? Or a cool hybrid of jet bodies with propellers? Sorta retrofuturistic looking..

Back