The Rabbit Joint

sebt3 said:
SomeGuy99 said:
I'm regretting that thread yesterday. I'm having a positivity hangover.

Typical 'What was I thinking?' scenario.
:(
You changed your sig, good :)

Have a great day Mr :)

If it helps explain any better why I was in a strange state of mind, there was an intoxicatingly beautiful girl involved. Might as well have been on drugs.

I'm back in the real world today thankfully ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Don't worry too much, live and learn ;)
I hope you don't mind I put it in LOL files. I found the thread quite funny, tbh :D

mali said:
^ Don't worry too much, live and learn ;)
I hope you don't mind I put it in LOL files. I found the thread quite funny, tbh :D

I don't mind. I think it belongs there.

Guess it probably made a lot of people smile, but not Michael. I sent him an apology. Went way over the top that time ;)

Positivity: Know your limits. Euphoria is bad for you kids, mmmkay?

Sent an apology to Dave too.

Edit: Just came across some other posts from Mweston, and he seems very angry at the moment. Not good.

This might be internal politics at OP, so I won't speculate.

Nova said:
lulzfish said:
Jourdy288 said:
At this rate we'll have a dickahedron.

On another note, has a little kid ever pwned you ingame? I played some Soulcalibur on my Dreamcast with my little sister and she repetitively knocked me senseless.. I just don't get how that happens!

I saw that.

:)

Yay for Internet access point.
Boo for topic's name change.
Yay for craig trolling Nova.
Boo I'm back on Saturday.
Yay I'm slightly high.
Boo that bud was hawt.

I am being severely confused by something.

I need my program to play audio normally during normal gameplay.
But I also might be recording the video and audio, if it's playing back a demo and recording it.

SDL only ever uses the 'pull' model, where the sound driver uses a separate thread and calls a callback function in your program when it's ready for data.
But this means it only generates audio in realtime. So if I'm recording a demo and I generate 50 video frames over, say 2 seconds, then it will generate 2 seconds of audio. But I'm going to play back the video at 50 FPS.... and the audio will be completely wrong.

I'm technically using SDL_mixer, which is a very thin layer over SDL's builtin audio, so it also uses pull-style.

I need to somehow push exactly 20 milliseconds of audio every frame while I'm recording. (during normal play and demo recording, I can use pull, it's not a big deal, it will sound better in realtime) So I'll have to do a lot of _something_ and either write my own audio mixer or modify SDL_mixer so my program activates the callback somehow. I'll have to set up a stream myself, pretend to be the soundcard, and ask it for exactly 20 ms of audio every frame.

Probably will just write my own mixer, since I already almost have one. It's like a crappy prototype I wrote once.

*sigh* audio.

quote said:
I'm back.
Edit: Nova your avatar is borked. Who is Zanger Rinus?

There's a video of him in one of my "quality" posts to Craig.

lolcats-rofl.jpg

lol

Edit: Uh-oh, a load of spam accounts have registered at the oX forums. No! The forums must not die.
Kill them Nova.

daclassicgamingmaster said:
alex kidd in miracle world, complete with box/paper: $3.50 in goodwill.

niiice
Awesome, all I found was a copy of Phantasy Star Online that turned out to be a PS1 game in a Dreamcast case D:

^ Oh right. I'm not sure I like mine, I think I'll change it back.

Edit: Done. Aaaahhh, that feels much better :3.

Back