The Rabbit Joint

lulzfish said:
Moments without Pandora:
I wanted to record a sound effect for a project I'm working on.
My friend proposed using his iPhone to record and play it back.

Now that I'm back from his house, I don't have a portable device that can record sound and play it back. (My MP3 player has no speakers, and its microphone is probably shit) If I had a Pandora, I could be editing the sound in Audacity and testing it for playback already.

You could also do this with a Caanoo or Wiz, save the editing, which you could do when you got back home with a simple switch of a SD card.

Last edited by a moderator:
lulzfish said:
I could also do it with my Phillips GoGear 1GB MP3 player, and I did.

But if I had a Pandora, I could have done it with a device that was useful for other things.

Surely your MP3 player is also useful for, say playing music? ;)

Actually come to think of it, at 1GB, probably not.

Nova said:
lulzfish said:

But if I had a Pandora, I could have done it with a device that was useful for other things.

I only have 2.9 GiB of music, but I rarely listen to it while away from my laptop. It's too much trouble to keep a device charged, then bring headphones and the device everywhere, if it's not going to do anything but play music.

lulzfish said:
Nova said:
lulzfish said:

I only have 2.9 GiB of music, but I rarely listen to it while away from my laptop. It's too much trouble to keep a device charged, then bring headphones and the device everywhere, if it's not going to do anything but play music.

Interesting logic. But I remember thinking the same thing when I stopped carrying an MP3 player and a phone around. Thanks to convergence I can do most things I ever need to do while I'm away from my computer, on my phone. Pretty awesome. I can see where the Pandora would be even better at this, but I can't help wishing the Pandora was also a phone. Then I would still only need to carry one thing around.

I rarely use my cell phone and I only listen to music if I'm already doing something else on the computer, so what I really need is a Pandora. That way I'll at least use one of the handful (DS, MP3 player, newer MP3/video player, cell phone, watch, camera, flash drive) of portable devices I own on a regular basis.

And it would be so much easier to carry around than my laptop, which I've recently started to not take over to my friend's house. It's too much trouble to pack and unpack, and it's uncomfortable to sit with it.

Iorgy77 said:
Peter R said:
mali said:
Iorgy77 said:
mali said:
Iorgy77 said:
Peter R said:
When did this become a pyramid?
When people started quoting the previous post in their post directly after.
Like this?
Exactly like that
Oh, I see :)
This topic has returned to the old days of quote spam then?
Probably
At this rate we'll have a dodecahedron.

On another note, has a little kid ever pwned you ingame? I played some Soulcalibur on my Dreamcast with my little sister and she repetitively knocked me senseless.. I just don't get how that happens!

Jourdy288 said:
At this rate we'll have a dickahedron.

On another note, has a little kid ever pwned you ingame? I played some Soulcalibur on my Dreamcast with my little sister and she repetitively knocked me senseless.. I just don't get how that happens!
Yeah, my next-door neighbor used to kick my ass at Smash Brothers Melee. Of course, he owned the game, I didn't even own a Gamecube, the sun was in my eyes, he had the high ground, it was winter in Russia, etc, etc.

Now I just play TF2 online and accept that everybody is going to kick my ass, but I don't have to know who they are.

lulzfish said:
Jourdy288 said:
At this rate we'll have a dickahedron.

I saw that.

I'm regretting that thread yesterday. I'm having a positivity hangover.

Typical 'What was I thinking?' scenario.

SomeGuy99 said:
I'm regretting that thread yesterday. I'm having a positivity hangover.

Typical 'What was I thinking?' scenario.
:(
You changed your sig, good :)

Have a great day Mr :)

Back