The Rabbit Joint

sensible GP32 said:
lol... agressive debate, i like that.
Well, it was. Are you gonna say it wasn't pretty civilized? And I made a concerted effort to move it where it wouldn't derail that thread any further...

In other news, my micro SD arrived! It's so cute :wub:

Now where's that bloody R4!!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Loubear said:
Dashes. are. fine. Just not when used in place of a semi-colon. Why even have a semi colon when a dash does it for you? Connecting two independent clauses like that is what the semi-colon does, NOT the dash. Artistic licence does not mean that you can change grammar however and whenever you want. Minor changes for the sake of art are fine, but it's still incorrect. Shakespeare's writings are chockful of grammatical mistakes. Even if it's poetic license, it's still wrong. It's just that noone cares. I typed "whose" instead of "who's"... isn't that poetic license in your view?
[snip]

Well, incoherent ramblings aside, there is a difference between using the incorrect word for something and altering grammar slightly to achieve a certain tone. Your point would be saying that if this: "He was shocked - he had been, after all, attempting to refute my logic through entirely irrational means - and therefore unable to form a coherent sentence." is correct, then this also is: "There over their, with they're dog." You can't equate the two - one is stylistic, one is entirely wrong. And you really have no idea how much pain it gave me to write the latter sentence (stylistic use of 'and' at the beginning of a sentence for dramatic effect).

On a separate point, adding 'neo' to things makes them crap. For example, neo-Nazis don't even get the sexy uniform, and neo-Conservatives are all insane.

nickspoon said:
Loubear said:
Dashes. are. fine. Just not when used in place of a semi-colon. Why even have a semi colon when a dash does it for you? Connecting two independent clauses like that is what the semi-colon does, NOT the dash. Artistic licence does not mean that you can change grammar however and whenever you want. Minor changes for the sake of art are fine, but it's still incorrect. Shakespeare's writings are chockful of grammatical mistakes. Even if it's poetic license, it's still wrong. It's just that noone cares. I typed "whose" instead of "who's"... isn't that poetic license in your view?
[snip]

Well, incoherent ramblings aside, there is a difference between using the incorrect word for something and altering grammar slightly to achieve a certain tone. Your point would be saying that if this: "He was shocked - he had been, after all, attempting to refute my logic through entirely irrational means - and therefore unable to form a coherent sentence." is correct, then this also is: "There over their, with they're dog." You can't equate the two - one is stylistic, one is entirely wrong. And you really have no idea how much pain it gave me to write the latter sentence (stylistic use of 'and' at the beginning of a sentence for dramatic effect).

On a separate point, adding 'neo' to things makes them crap. For example, neo-Nazis don't even get the sexy uniform, and neo-Conservatives are all insane.

Very Good again!

In other news, just got back from Sheffield. Thin Lizzy were great, Styx were amazing and Deep Purple were unbelievable!

Great venue too! Great night!

What all did Styx play? As I understand it their latest thing is covers, but I personally think several of the original tracks on their 2003 album are very good.

They played a mix, one cover from that bang album (I Am The Walrus) and just one from their Paradise album (one of my all time favs!) Then they played Come sail away, blue collar man and that stuff. Their only encore was Renegade.

They have ditched Dennis de YOung (?) and have a new singer/keyboardist (Lawrence Gowan, I think...) and the whole band is more Rock than before. But they seemed such a happy lot, and really gave out for us! And Tommy Shaw's voice is still rock solid!

Such a great set for Styx fans, of which there were quite a few in the audience! Styx never really made it over here, but I think this tour must have opened a few eyes and ears!

Just heard this years british Eurovision entry. The first thing I noticed is that one of the blokes is a pompous git from one of those late night quiz shows on ITV Play. The second thing I noticed is that it's really suggestive!

Okay fellows!

For no other reason than I want one, I wanna get meself a GAMEBOY MICRO and stick a flash card in there. I have an M3 for my DS with mini sd card and it works fine! But do any of you nerds experts no which is the best card for the Micro? I just wanna play all my favourite gameboy games that I have bought over the long years on one card and have all that etc...

Ta very much!

lubidog said:
Okay fellows!

For no other reason than I want one, I wanna get meself a GAMEBOY MICRO and stick a flash card in there. I have an M3 for my DS with mini sd card and it works fine! But do any of you nerds experts no which is the best card for the Micro? I just wanna play all my favourite gameboy games that I have bought over the long years on one card and have all that etc...

Ta very much!
Your M3 will work fine with a Micro, unless you mean you got the M3 that takes micro SDs instead of mini SDs. I have an M3 CF and it works perfectly, it's just a little large.

lubidog said:
Okay fellows!

Ta very much!
Your M3 will work fine. It'll allso work well with a Supercard.

Anyhow, since M$ Vista seems incapable of running my programs, Looks like I'm downgrading...

omg last three days non-stop party. House is absolutely destroyed. We've got blood in the bathroom, puke in the kitchen-sink and on the spaghetti-sieve, beer bottles everywhere, a large stack of pizza boxes in one corner, no clean dishes at all (all used and tainted with now dried up food), somebody apparently took a piss on the neighbour's car, a fridge with practically nothing edible which has not yet rotten and I do not envy the person who will have to clean this mess up... sadly that will be me... fook.

I will upload images later... share the pain :blink:

Back