Today Is A Great Day!(Hopefully)

Bigun said:
Also will never cancel my order.

The US dollar is now sure to plummet... the Pandora I now officially consider an investment.
Save the Dollar, Tax & Regulate America's Biggest Cash Crop. CANNABIS

I'll never cancel my order either. Can't wait for the video to commence.

Peace from Santa Cruz,

Link

edit: high/typo

Last edited by a moderator:
we have come this far, whats another month or two. :) cancel your orders if you must be so foolish, all the more Pandoras for us. :)

It's clear after reading this thread how much of this effort has been shouldered by so few.

Pandora is an amazing project with an admittedly crazy development path but please don't let the remaining complications stress you guys out.

We're so close to the finish line and I think it's safe to say that the vast majority of us appreciate the crazy amount of time and energy that's gone into it. We're all veterans by now to the surprises and I venture to say that we're all a little smarter now about a few corners of handheld development thanks to the amazing amount of transparency that you guys have shown. When things start to get a little crazy, it's worthwhile remembering the famous poem by Rudyard Kipling: "IF". Very applicable here.

We're with you guys to the end, delays and all.

- Macguyver

Off-topic:
I think you've spelled "MacGyver" wrong there.

Unless you mean this guy:

2w3p3z4.jpg

Attachments

• 2w3p3z4.jpg
    2w3p3z4.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 109
craigix said:
Thanks for sticking with us (including the thousands of you who read but never post).

We're smashing our way though these final few hurdles (seems to be the only way though) and hope to have some fun next month building them and webcaming it.

It's been a long time, but for you guys the fun will only just be starting from April.

Just looking at the Pandora and thinking about the awesome stuff we will be able to do with it keeps me going. I'm so happy we went with what, at the time, looked like an insane design.

This-time-next-month. I hope at last that's going to be true.
You're welcome. :) I'm a newcomer, but I still can't wait til I get my Pandora. :pandora2ut4:

Macguyver said:
... thanks to the amazing amount of transparency that you guys have shown. ...

More like transparency of Mud.

How long before they clued us in to the Credit Card banking issues? How about the generic two months away response since 2008. I remember posts saying a lack of funds/money would not be a hindrance to this project. But if they had the proper funds they could have gone with a local molding company, and local assembly house and would have Pandora's done over a year ago. Then they said they would do FCC certification, but of course they changed their minds since they would build and ship from within the US, and would skirt around USA law on FCC. But now they are shipping completed units from UK, and without a FCC logo, it could now be stuck in US customs. etc..

spaceballs3000 said:
More like transparency of Mud.

How long before they clued us in to the Credit Card banking issues? How about the generic two months away response since 2008. I remember posts saying a lack of funds/money would not be a hindrance to this project. But if they had the proper funds they could have gone with a local molding company, and local assembly house and would have Pandora's done over a year ago. Then they said they would do FCC certification, but of course they changed their minds since they would build and ship from within the US, and would skirt around USA law on FCC. But now they are shipping completed units from UK, and without a FCC logo, it could now be stuck in US customs. etc..

The credit card issues are before my time. "Two months" is a running gag. If they had more funds they could have gone with local companies, funds now are adequate. On FCC and CE I forgot which is more powerful than the other, but if it passes the stronger one, it also passes the weaker.

Evan~NL said:
lol dutch ppl are always so sentimental

Sarcasm, right? Aren't we supposed to be stone-cold and stoic?

Vlynndar said:
"Two months" is a running gag.
Gag that is that backed up on fact

Chip said:
Posted 20 January 2009
... we could see actual mass produced Pandoras rolling off the assembly line in less than two months. ...

Vlynndar said:
... On FCC and CE I forgot which is more powerful than the other, but if it passes the stronger one, it also passes the weaker.

CE tests can (depending on the testing company) cover (i.e. encompass) all the FCC tests, but does it mean it's now FCC certified?

The answer is no, one is required to pay for additional fees to use the existing covered CE tests to get an FCC ID number/ID.

In short, the Pandora (with active 802.11) is technically illegal to be sold to the general public in the USA. That's under the assumption that the Pandora will have working WiFi, will not have an FCC ID, and be sold in the USA.

It's like jaywalking, people do it, but still illegal.

spaceballs3000 said:
CE tests can (depending on the testing company) cover (i.e. encompass) all the FCC tests, but does it mean it's now FCC certified?

The answer is no, one is required to pay for additional fees to use the existing covered CE tests to get an FCC ID number/ID.

In short, the Pandora (with active 802.11) is technically illegal to be sold to the general public in the USA. That's under the assumption that the Pandora will have working WiFi, will not have an FCC ID, and be sold in the USA.

Unless I'm mistaken and I very well could be, don't you just need the documentation to prove that the device passes the requirements, which they do have.
If the FCC requests to see it, they can provide all the required details to satisfy them.
That's my understanding.

Na-Noo said:
spaceballs3000 said:

Unless I'm mistaken and I very well could be, don't you just need the documentation to prove that the device passes the requirements, which they do have.
If the FCC requests to see it, they can provide all the required details to satisfy them.
That's my understanding.

I've talked to a FCC certification guy on this, and yes your are mistaken, your thinking of devices that do not have intentional radiator in them.

mosschops said:
That's under the assumption that the Pandora will have working WiFi, will not have an FCC ID, and be sold in the USA.

As far as im aware it is not being sold in the USA even now.

This would include consumer items that go through US customs.

If it gets noticed by US customs/FCC, they can attempt to stop/hold future similar imports items from that company going into the USA (though odds of this are low to happen.)

craigix said:
Just looking at the Pandora and thinking about the awesome stuff we will be able to do with it keeps me going. I'm so happy we went with what, at the time, looked like an insane design.

You tell me... I got a Pandora at home with tons of fullspeed Amiga games and don't even find the time to play them :)

But, wow, the OS is evolving so well at the moment, it will be cool :)

Last edited:
Back