Two preorders approaching!

@ EvilDragon

I don't mind transferring 400€. Actually that's easier for me. Can I do that? Would it help?

Simply buy a voucher with the preorder. You can use the voucher for anything later, so you can use it for the Pyra payment as well.

Is the pre-order on this forum or on your DragonBox shop?
Sorry just noticed first post: The link for both preorders will be posted as a new newspost here tomorrow then it starts!

But one question:
Do you need payment by bank transfer or can it be by credit card? (I'll get an awful exchange rate from my Bank but a decent one from my credit card so wouldn't mind paying a little extra)

Credit Card, Bank Transfer, PayPal, etc.
All standard payment methods my shop supports can be used :)

I would be incredibly surprised if all 200 pre-pre-orders were gone between 2AM and 8AM. I would be very surprised if they were all gone within 24 hours.  I may even be a little surprised if they're all gone within a week but we'll see how that goes.

I would be incredibly surprised if all 200 pre-pre-orders were gone between 2AM and 8AM. I would be very surprised if they were all gone within 24 hours.  I may even be a little surprised if they're all gone within a week but we'll see how that goes.

I have a feeling they will go quicker than you might expect. I'm not sure it's too appealing to me - I won't get a pyra any quicker this way. But maybe I'll take the plunge because I have a sizeable icp2 voucher.

Shame this didn't happen in July, looking at the exchange rates, but it might still be worth banking some money early.  I have every confidence that the Pyra juggernaut will make it.

I have a feeling they will go quicker than you might expect. I'm not sure it's too appealing to me - I won't get a pyra any quicker this way. But maybe I'll take the plunge because I have a sizeable icp2 voucher.
Yeah, I'm not to sure these will go that quick, but who knows. This is a great offer for those who have the funds sitting around and don't mind lending them out for a time. It would be super cool if all of these go within 24hrs, or even one week would be stellar.

Here's to a successful first run of preorders, I'll be patiently waiting on the regular preorders to open, but good luck to those who are getting in early.

Chris

This is a pre-pre-order with substantially more risk than the later pre-orders, if I understand EvilDragon correctly.  I expect a lot of people to think long and hard about whether they really want to take that risk or wait for the relatively risk-free regular pre-order, since there's no practical difference between the two.
I want to get the pre-pre-order because the dummy PCB has personal value, and if it helps ED now in any way it'll give me a warm sense of purpose, but realistically I know I don't need a collectors edition and ED doesn't need the money just yet so it wouldn't really make a difference to pay half now or wait.
I fully expect a lot of people to dive right in immediately, just not anywhere close to 200.  We'll have at least a couple of days to consider.

Why is it a 'lot' more risk? Is something likely to stop the Pyra coming out?

Well, until the prototypes are up and confirmed to be running, there's a risk that something is wrong and needs more time to be fixed.
I hope nothing will prevent to stop the Pyra from coming out, but the risk certainly is lower when the prototypes are out, which means that all components (PCBs, keymat, case) are confirmed to be working.

What happens whit the "Acessorys" like Carry Case?? Is there a way to preeorder now, and when the Pyra is about to be ready, i can put the Carrycase in the Order..

And if i get one of the first 100 Pyra, do i have to take care as they will get huge customer vallue or can i use it like a normal Pyra??

Back