Updates in all areas

I have seen this since the beginning of the Pyra's production but when did start? I am curious, and besides it's literal meaning (in two months) what does it mean with the trademark? Even without knowing everything about it, it is still quite funny to me.
It started with the Pandora development back on the old gp2x forums , it seemed like everything was only 2 months away.. but always was delayed. It's why it's smart for EvilDragon not to announce any dates since it won't give people any deadlines that will be broken by delays and such. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you (ED) any closer to narrowing down a release date/month/year?  :)

Christopher.
Two Months
I have seen this since the beginning of the Pyra's production but when did start? I am curious, and besides it's literal meaning (in two months) what does it mean with the trademark? Even without knowing everything about it, it is still quite funny to me.
It has been awhile since I learned the context, but I believe it originated from a remark of Craig's about the Pandora's release date. 

-Glyph Reader

It started with the Pandora development back on the old gp2x forums , it seemed like everything was only 2 months away.. but always was delayed. It's why it's smart for EvilDragon not to announce any dates since it won't give people any deadlines that will be broken by delays and such. 
Are you (ED) any closer to narrowing down a release date/month/year?  :)

Christopher.
Two Months
It has been awhile since I learned the context, but I believe it originated from a remark of Craig's about the Pandora's release date. 

-Glyph Reader
Thanks guys. That makes the meaning even funnier haha! :) I wasn't around during the whole Craig thing (in fact I barely missed it since I got my Pandora March 2013) but it sure sounds like a lot of mistakes came from that guy. Not to put him down since I don't know the guy but I do feel bad for what he did to his customers, that is pure evil.

I wonder why the 3G/4G module wasn't placed vertically on the edge where the volume wheel is. The wheel would've then been on the other side where the antenna was(and we might of had room for some SDXC activity LED's). Too late?

http://boards.openpandora.org/uploads/post-1-0-61260700-1392595383.jpg
 The module goes onto those contact pads above the antenna.

It must be placed as close as possible to the antenna and the SIM Card to prevent any EMC issues.

It also needs to be as far away as possible from any analog audio traces (which run through the volume wheel), otherwise you'd hear the typical 'a mobile phone is near'-voices from Pyras audio the whole time.

You can't place components where you like (that would be easy), there are quite a few things to take care of.

Nope, that's where the antenna is.
You can't back it up a bit to make room?
Nope, those antennas need to be placed at the absolute edge of a PCB.

Last edited:
I see some interesting Twitter news in the near future ...

(Guess what it is)

I wonder why the 3G/4G module wasn't placed vertically on the edge where the volume wheel is. The wheel would've then been on the other side where the antenna was(and we might of had room for some SDXC activity LED's). Too late?

http://boards.openpandora.org/uploads/post-1-0-61260700-1392595383.jpg

The module goes onto those contact pads above the antenna.

It must be placed as close as possible to the antenna and the SIM Card to prevent any EMC issues.

It also needs to be as far away as possible from any analog audio traces (which run through the volume wheel), otherwise you'd hear the typical 'a mobile phone is near'-voices from Pyras audio the whole time.

You can't place components where you like (that would be easy), there are quite a few things to take care of.
Then why not move the contact pad for the 3G/4G module and the antenna to the other side where the volume wheel is while shifting over the SDXC slots? Consequently, move the jog wheel to south of the battery contact where it will be on the right side to be used with the user's dominant right thumb. Also move the sim card slot to the other side as well to prevent the EMC issues mentioned instead of clustering them around the battery contact point. 

Here is a quick blue-ish transparent render :)

transparent.png

Ed please hurry! I'm drooling all over myself :)
Don't worry sometime in 2015 you may have your device.

Edit: I expect 2016 to not get my hopes up.

I really want to know what the official case colour is going to be... has it been decided yet? ... :)
I hope it's black. That's always been my color of choice for electronics and, even without the typical "just spray-painted on" issues you see, I've never been a fan of other popular finishes like silver. (Maybe in part because I grew up on IBM Thinkpads.)

(Though the mix of black and pure white in my Rosewill RK-9000I keyboard is pretty nice... aside from the white having started to wear off the corner below my spacebar, revealing "natural" colored plastic beneath.)

Back