Waiting For Pandora

gaterooze

Coltrane Sundia
Website
Visit site
Waiting for the Pandora has almost become a hobby in itself. Like many hobbies, it's often enjoyable and sometimes frustrating. Obsessive, compulsive, and teetering on overtaking the focus of one's life.

I'm not entirely sure I want it to end. I think I may miss it.

I'm not entirely sure I see it as a hobby myself, though it has lent itself to allowing me to better my other ones. :)

My game collection has also grown a fair ol' bit since I pre-ordered, and I've had quite a lot of fun tracking down and ordering stuff that will present a new experience to me when I receive my Pandora.

Fun and exciting. I wake up, yell "LET'S DO THIS!!!", then go sit down. Waiting is great.

I enjoyed Waiting. I did.

But now with the new delays - i'm just sad. I just want my toy.

Although I do still enjoy the waiting.

quadomatic said:
This guy! :eek: ... :pandora2ut4: :ph34r:
I didn't know that ninjas had a need for such knowledge. I guess we need more bad dudes to tackle the forthcoming menace.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind waiting like the rest of you but it's getting on a bit now ,but hey things are
looking good for a change, i don't think it will be too much longer and the team are working
their ass off to get the Pandora out ,small issues aside,wifi & cases i look forward to seeing
the first 700+ out there ,i am more worried about possible copycat devices and i feel that is
why those first units need to be pushed out the door.

paddy said:
i am more worried about possible copycat devices and i feel that is
why those first units need to be pushed out the door.

I would be happy if there was copycat devices coming out personally. Clamshell gaming MIDs are totally non-existent, there is still no alternative to the Pandora because there's always one HUGE thing missing (missing proper gaming controls, missing keyboard, missing power, missing battery life, etc).

I'm all for alternatives, but the only close alternative that's really out there is the Nokia N900, and that's almost unbearable to play emus on.

Not really a hobby but more like a journey. The good the thing is there will be more journey's to be had after the Pandora. Here's to waiting 10 years for the Pandora 2. :p

I've started getting my Qt/SDL/C++ on since I pre-ordered (testing on an n810) which is something I probably wouldn't have done if I didn't have a Pandora somewhere in the future. So waiting for it isn't taking up that much of my time but preparing for it sure is.

Hmm, not really a 'hobby', as much as just simply waiting patiently and hearing new developments every now and again in this big project :)

I ordered in mid-December (09') - while I'm probably not going to get mine till much later (at the buttend of the queue), I have no worries about it, since that means any bugs in programs/OS/etc. might be gone by the time I get mine :lol: I've been following this project since the spring of 08'.

The Pandora should make a good addition to my home studio (audio/music is my hobby), as well as transit around the city (and afar).

GunPei2X said:
Waiting for the Pandora has almost become a hobby in itself. Like many hobbies, it's often enjoyable and sometimes frustrating. Obsessive, compulsive, and teetering on overtaking the focus of one's life.

No. just no.

Everyone can play the 'who's more patient than the other guy' competition but i'm thoroughly sick of waiting and the thin supply of updates. This is obviously not managed as well as it should be. Now i want a Pandoras as much as the next guy, but i have other things i could buy and they still have my money. If they fail to even supply me with news of how all the Pandoras are finished and ready to be shipped by the end of the easter holidays (in Australia) i'm pulling out and asking for my money back so i can get a descent upgrade for my computer. The thing is, i do want a Pandora, but i'm wanting one less and less as i wait.

The technology is catching up, my computer needs an upgrade, i'm sick of waiting.

Simon

Mr Lemony Fresh said:
Everyone can play the 'who's more patient than the other guy' competition but i'm thoroughly sick of waiting and the thin supply of updates. This is obviously not managed as well as it should be. Now i want a Pandoras as much as the next guy, but i have other things i could buy and they still have my money. If they fail to even supply me with news of how all the Pandoras are finished and ready to be shipped by the end of the easter holidays (in Australia) i'm pulling out and asking for my money back so i can get a descent upgrade for my computer. The thing is, i do want a Pandora, but i'm wanting one less and less as i wait.

The technology is catching up, my computer needs an upgrade, i'm sick of waiting.

Simon

If you strongly feel that way, Simply call for a refund, I`m sure there is quite a queue forming to fill these canceled orders.

Trooper

Mr Lemony Fresh said:
GunPei2X said:

Simon
Get a job, or get a refund.

Either way, don't complain.

Back